2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GTO99

Re: 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

I like the white areas around the driver & engine cover, esp. how the Italian flag colors are incorporated into the white air box. Very classy. There's less black & more white on the front wing, nose cone & lower front which ties into the back & aesthetically balances the overall look of the car. The color scheme is fresh. It's growing on me & am starting to like it.

bhall II
bhall II

grandprix.com wrote:James Allison has revealed he will travel to less grands prix in 2016.

Ferrari's technical director says he is relieved to be splitting his duties for the new season with Jock Clear, who in 2015 served a full year of 'gardening leave' after leaving Mercedes.

"Last year was very tough for me," admitted Allison, "trying to do effectively two jobs at once.

"But this year, with the arrival of Jock Clear to take on the position of head of the track side, I can return to the more conventional role of technical director which is largely a factory-based job," he explained.

Briton Allison said he is happy with the change.

"While I will be at the track this year for a number of races, my main focus will be back at the factory, and that's a much happier set of affairs for me," he said.

Allison, who turns 48 on Monday as the official tests begin in Barcelona, said he is also happy with the newly-launched Ferrari car, which he describes as "bold".

"If you look at last year's car, we were working to improve a baseline that was really quite poor," he said, "so we needed to take some bolder steps and be braver in an aggressive way."

Scuderia1967

bhall II wrote:
grandprix.com wrote:James Allison has revealed he will travel to less grands prix in 2016.

Ferrari's technical director says he is relieved to be splitting his duties for the new season with Jock Clear, who in 2015 served a full year of 'gardening leave' after leaving Mercedes.

"Last year was very tough for me," admitted Allison, "trying to do effectively two jobs at once.

"But this year, with the arrival of Jock Clear to take on the position of head of the track side, I can return to the more conventional role of technical director which is largely a factory-based job," he explained.

Briton Allison said he is happy with the change.

"While I will be at the track this year for a number of races, my main focus will be back at the factory, and that's a much happier set of affairs for me," he said.

Allison, who turns 48 on Monday as the official tests begin in Barcelona, said he is also happy with the newly-launched Ferrari car, which he describes as "bold".

"If you look at last year's car, we were working to improve a baseline that was really quite poor," he said, "so we needed to take some bolder steps and be braver in an aggressive way."
Fry/Tombazis like this post

Sevach
Sevach

Ben Anderson said.

"Initial impressions of the new Ferrari from trackside are quite positive. Vettel was on the medium tyre and not exactly going all out, but the car looked fast, stable and transitioned well from turn 2 to the entry of turn 3 with Vettel able to take a nice tight line. The McLaren looks similar but a bit more on the edge through 2. The Toro Rosso also looks strong but with a wider angle of attack at 3. The Haas looked solid in the laps it did. Similar to the old Sauber but with more flexibility on the line Grosjean could take into 3. At least before the front wing fell off!"

davidbuckden
davidbuckden

Kimi’s apparent inability to get everything out of the car continues. He’s likable, but by now seems to lack the hunger that could lead to that small, but vital, additional few percent of driver performance.

To me the most interesting aspect is in relation to Vet. Usually you’d argue that an under-performer is a problem because part of your job as a driver is to keep your team-mate on his toes. But Vet, with his remarkable ability and attitude just keeps at it, wringing out ever more speed. He really is absolutely exceptional – what a contrast with Hamilton who is an attention seeker, over-affected by influences outside himself. Given roughly equal cars, Vet will beat Ham 10 times out of 10! (how’s that for partiality?)

NathanOlder

davidbuckden wrote:Kimi’s apparent inability to get everything out of the car continues. He’s likable, but by now seems to lack the hunger that could lead to that small, but vital, additional few percent of driver performance.

To me the most interesting aspect is in relation to Vet. Usually you’d argue that an under-performer is a problem because part of your job as a driver is to keep your team-mate on his toes. But Vet, with his remarkable ability and attitude just keeps at it, wringing out ever more speed. He really is absolutely exceptional – what a contrast with Hamilton who is an attention seeker, over-affected by influences outside himself. Given roughly equal cars, Vet will beat Ham 10 times out of 10! (how’s that for partiality?)

haha, you're a funny chap. This is totally in the wrong thread, but i just have to correct you, these 2 have been in the same Chassis and same engined cars (2005 Formula 3 Euro) Lewis won 15 races. Seb won 0. its the only time you can call their cars similar. So we can go with that 8)
Ok it was Sebs rookie year, so the next year, Lewis went off to win the GP2 and Seb stayed and was beaten by Paul Di Resta.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ME4ME

davidbuckden wrote:Kimi’s apparent inability to get everything out of the car continues.
I don't see what he has done wrong today. It's testing, he didn't crash, job done.

Stargazer
Stargazer

ME4ME wrote:I don't see what he has done wrong today.
Put some beer into fueling system? :)

F1NAC

Someone here mentioned new nose that will Ferrari bring this test. Any news on that? (If i recall this news appeared on Amus live tracker?)

F1ern
F1ern

F1NAC wrote:Someone here mentioned new nose that will Ferrari bring this test. Any news on that? (If i recall this news appeared on Amus live tracker?)
Was not real.

wickedz50
wickedz50

ME4ME wrote:
davidbuckden wrote:Kimi’s apparent inability to get everything out of the car continues.
I don't see what he has done wrong today. It's testing, he didn't crash, job done.
Too hard on Kimi if you are going to question his commitment so early into the season. He knows pretty well that any silly errors this year will be the end of his F1 career. When the time comes to push that Ferrari, I am sure he will else we can see a replacement coming mid season.

davidbuckden
davidbuckden

haha, you're a funny chap. This is totally in the wrong thread, but i just have to correct you, these 2 have been in the same Chassis and same engined cars (2005 Formula 3 Euro) Lewis won 15 races. Seb won 0. its the only time you can call their cars similar. So we can go with that 8)
Ok it was Sebs rookie year, so the next year, Lewis went off to win the GP2 and Seb stayed and was beaten by Paul Di Resta.[/quote]

I'm the old boy so it's strange that you're the one living in the past! What people do in the junior formulae isn't always a guide to how they'll be in maturity. Same principle even within career high spot - Nikki for instance was considered a joke in 1970. And, to follow your own logic, where is Paul Di Resta now?

All said with respect. BTW, as someone new to this Forum, can you tell me please which thread I should writing this nonsense into?

Regards.
David

davidbuckden
davidbuckden

wickedz50 wrote:
ME4ME wrote:
Too hard on Kimi if you are going to question his commitment so early into the season. He knows pretty well that any silly errors this year will be the end of his F1 career. When the time comes to push that Ferrari, I am sure he will else we can see a replacement coming mid season.
I understand - I wasn't commenting really on what is happening right now, but Kimi's take-over of the car sparked my thoughts about his situation. As someone who likes him for his out of the car attitude and past performances on-track, I'm disappointed that this come-back has not worked out too well - especially in terms of consistency, as, undoubtedly, he has gone really well in a few races. But, if he's unable to progress this year, it would seem an awful shame to have him keeping a younger, more adventurous driver out of the seat of a car which this year may be able to challenge Mercedes throughout the season.

Chuckjr

My thought is that if team Ferrari can get that car within 3 tenths, they will have enough to win every race. Why?

Because last year when team Merc was under pressure, they made big mistakes. Some were total cluster f*%ks. It was not just one person on the team, but the whole team did not handle pressure well and seemed to crack too easily when the wick was lit. Even when their was only a little pressure we immediatly hear tension in the radio exchanges.

In my mind Merc has been so dominant for so long, their management of high pressure in the racing moment has atrophied. They have had very little experience with pressure because they simply have done such a good job they haven't had to deal with much.

Success has its own problems and we have seen that manifest between Nico and Lewis already. Pressure added into that amalgam from a competitive rival team will only exacerbate that issue dramatically. This is a huge issue at Merc because Lewis will want first pilot exclusivity period end of story, while Nico will have absolutely zero time for any of that kind of talk. Nico is so sick of losing he may finally crack and go bonzai if it really gets bad (Spa), and I'm betting Ferrari will be able to bring enough speed to really apply pressure.

Certainly, teams have routines and all sorts of measures they utilize to "be prepared" for pressure, but nothing is like the actual moment. No training, no books, no counsel, are going to prepare anyone like actual battle and in this regard I think Ferrari has much in their favor. Just my 2 cents.

I'm guessing if team Ferrari can get close enough, their engineering prowess under James Allison, and superior race strategists will put them over the top of Merc when all race laps are finally measured and logged.
Watching F1 since 1986.

GPR-A duplicate2

Chuckjr wrote:

Code: Select all

My thought is that if team Ferrari can get that car within 3 tenths, they will have enough to win every race. Why?

Because last year when team Merc was under pressure, they made big mistakes. Some were total cluster f*%ks. It was not just one person on the team, but the whole team did not handle pressure well and seemed to crack too easily when the wick was lit. Even when their was only a little pressure we immediatly hear tension in the radio exchanges. 

In my mind Merc has been so dominant for so long, their management of high pressure in the racing moment has atrophied. They have had very little experience with pressure because they simply have done such a good job they haven't had to deal with much. 

Success has its own problems and we have seen that manifest between Nico and Lewis already. Pressure added into that amalgam from a competitive rival team will only exacerbate that issue dramatically. This is a huge issue at Merc because Lewis will want first pilot exclusivity period end of story, while Nico will have absolutely zero time for any of that kind of talk. Nico is so sick of losing he may finally crack and go bonzai if it really gets bad (Spa), and I'm betting Ferrari will be able to bring enough speed to really apply pressure. 

Certainly, teams have routines and all sorts of measures they utilize to "be prepared" for pressure, but nothing is like the actual moment.  No training, no books, no counsel, are going to prepare anyone like actual battle and in this regard I think Ferrari has much in their favor. Just my 2 cents. 

I'm guessing if team Ferrari can get close enough, their engineering prowess under James Allison, and superior race strategists will put them over the top of Merc when all race laps are finally measured and logged.
Now this is how Ferrari is going to win the championship? Ferrari comes close, it supports only one driver for WDC, beats the Mercedes cars and Mercedes wouldn't change their approach? You are expecting the Mercedes to screw up their strategies every race? =D>