2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Raleigh

Re: 2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

TV commentary didn't pick up on it but Pascal had a phenomenal 1st lap, going from 21nd (22nd but Kvyat out) to 14th. Good start off the line earned a couple of places, then some really excellent positioning and aggressive but clean overtakes though the first few corners. Even more encouraging, Werhlein was then far from an out of position mobile chicane, hanging on well to Palmer in the Renault and edging away from the two Saubers behind, and by the pitstops the only car to have caught him was the Bottas in the Williams.

The red flag timing was very bad though, dropping him to the back as cars behind got a free pitstop. Still, a very encouraging early portion of the race, the car is somewhere in the region of Sauber and perhaps Renault rather than being hopelessly dead last. Very excited to see what Manor and Werhlein can do this year.

timekiller001

Their initial race pace was very good, if you compare it with last year. He was in front of the Saubers behind the Renault of Palmer (I think there were more cars ahead and behind, so a bigger group). Between them were gaps of about 1 second, the whole time until pitstops started. So he had the pace to keep up with them.
Unfortunately though the car seems to simply eat the tires, as they said after the race. He had to make an extra pitstop and lost contact to those in front because of the pitstop and lack of pace since the tires were down.
But given the fact that they had not run so much in testing, and probably are the team with the least experience / data on the tires (given Haas' Ferrari link), I think that they can do a lot against the problem with simple setup work.

MrCelroy

https://streamable.com/x0nd

Holy moley look at the amazing start from Wehrlein!
Last edited by MrCelroy on 08 Apr 2016, 12:35, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of automobile racing. Enjoy!

Manoah2u

yeah wehrlein was in a great position during the start of the race, a shame the red flag caused the field to be shaken up, was looking forward on seeing how things would pan out. not just for a hamilton stuck behind max, but also wehrlein. it could very well resulted in a points finish for manor and wehrlein would have been the driver of the day - not taking away from grosjean & haas though it must be said they did benefit from the red fleg where many other drivers were badly affected by the red flag.

but in the end, it's if if
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Raleigh

Fantastic qualifying by Wehrlein to put the car in 16th on the grid, now let's see if he can pull off another heroic start :D

timekiller001

His race was phenomenal as well, P13 with P12 and P11 within his sight. Hats off to Manor, their car really is good enough to fight with the field.

Rhodium

what a race for MRT !

i'm happy to see that !

NathanOlder

jagunx51 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:I think it will be good for Wehrlein, as I feel Rossi would have matched him and all the hype around Wehrlein would die.
So I feel Haryanto will make Pascal look look very good.
..... viceversa

You still think Rio will shine ? I think its already obvious Pascal has miles more talent than Rio. Which is what I was trying to tell you before the season even started.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

MrCelroy

Wow, not much posted here lately.

Logie

Only time I really saw Manor on TV during the Spanish GP was when Haryanto holding up others (he had fresh tyres, leaders on old).

16th Pascal Wehrlein Best Lap1 1:31.182
17th Rio Haryanto Best Lap 1:29.402

I know they had a lot of updates think they had FW, Floor and RW so it could be a case of having to get it working together and the drivers getting the most out of it.

They did stay on the same lap as the drivers in front up to Button we all were +1 lap which is not bad considering they used to be +5

wesley123

They are doing surprisingly well, probably helped by how bad Renault en Sauber are doing.

I was surprised to see it took the leaders more than a lap to get past Haryanto
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

coolboy12362

Does anyone have the manor latest in season upgrades to their cars? Can post those upgrades pictures here please. Thanks alot.

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

Pierce89

It's a shame that when Manor has finally caught the back of the field, it's because Sauber are racing on a gp2 budget.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

MrCelroy

http://www.manorracingfanblog.com/manor ... al-airbnb/

Manor will be bringing back the AirBnB sponsorship back.

davidfroshanzen

NathanOlder wrote:
jagunx51 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:I think it will be good for Wehrlein, as I feel Rossi would have matched him and all the hype around Wehrlein would die.
So I feel Haryanto will make Pascal look look very good.
..... viceversa

You still think Rio will shine ? I think its already obvious Pascal has miles more talent than Rio. Which is what I was trying to tell you before the season even started.
Rio defeat pascal 4-3 in qualification. Rio will grow up by the time. Lets see in the end of year