2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Raleigh
Raleigh

Re: 2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

Cold Fussion wrote:Weren't there a lot of rumors in 2014/2015 that a lot of Manors funding was cut off as a result all the sanctions placed on Russia? Could they now be getting some of this money again? Given that at the beginning of 2015 it didn't seem like that the guy who bought the team would be any significant money in so it is pretty curious that they now seem to have excellent cash flow. Given that they finished last in 2015, in what year will they suffer that 40 million dollar loss from not finishing 10th, is that to be felt this year or in 2017?
Last out of 10 teams...

With Caterham gone Manor has now finished top 10 in the last 2 years, Column 1 prize money is already secure for the 2016 season, and that gets paid out over 2017 so Manor is sitting pretty until the 2018 season. Then Manor only needs to finish 10th in either 2016 or 2017 to keep the Column 1 status, far from impossible.

Pierce89

1nver wrote:Everyone knows merhi is the best, but yeah, he doesnt have sponsor...
Really? Who is everyone? Give me Rossi over Merhi any day. What did Merhi accomplish ? The weakest ever FR3.5 title ?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

kptaylor
kptaylor

Haryanto says he's been given a week extension to come up with $15MM to buy seat. Wonder if Manor wants him over Rossi or just the normal pressure game to get more money from pay drivers.

PlatinumZealot

adrianjordan wrote:Don't they have to keep the name to get FOM payments..??
The name was always Manor from day one IIRC.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

turbof1 wrote:I think it's hard for anybody on the outside to follow. I have to say that when Lowdon and other key persons moved on at the end of 2015, my reaction was that it really look bleak for the team.

But now that Lombazis and Fry joined, I think we have picked up signs that significant things happened behind the scenes. Even though they were none-actively employed at Ferrari, it is still no small feat for such a humble team to attract such staff. They must have seen elements that encouraged longterm prospective.

I hope those elements will come out of the shadows soon and into the public. I'm very intrigued as I too was under the impression their old workshop got sold off. They must have bought it back partly.
Kids gotta eat!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

RicME85

PlatinumZealot wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:Don't they have to keep the name to get FOM payments..??
The name was always Manor from day one IIRC.
Isn't the name tied to payments actually the registered name and not the operating name?
Team Lotus/Caterham were registered as 1MRT.
...and yes Manor have always been Manor, even during Virgin days

1nver
1nver

Pierce89 wrote:
1nver wrote:Everyone knows merhi is the best, but yeah, he doesnt have sponsor...
Really? Who is everyone? Give me Rossi over Merhi any day. What did Merhi accomplish ? The weakest ever FR3.5 title ?
He has always been close/ahead to the teammates despite having not any improvements on the car, because he is not a paid driver

NathanOlder

http://www.inautonews.com/three-drivers ... eat-report

Just read that Manor could be considering 3 drivers to share the 2nd seat at Manor. Running 7 races each for Rossi, Stevens and Haryanto.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

NathanOlder wrote:http://www.inautonews.com/three-drivers ... eat-report

Just read that Manor could be considering 3 drivers to share the 2nd seat at Manor. Running 7 races each for Rossi, Stevens and Haryanto.
It was a rumour started by a blog, its a none starter.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

cbbcisace wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:http://www.inautonews.com/three-drivers ... eat-report

It was a rumour started by a blog, its a none starter.
It appeared here http://thejudge13.com/2016/02/15/manor- ... s-in-2016/
They do sometimes get scoops that pan out and other times not. We shall see, Manor will need to get the second seat
sorted fairly soon.

Paul

Obvious solution is obvious.

OneAlex

I was so close to taking Manor seriously as a proper race team this year. Then they divvy up a race seat between 3 pay drivers. Of whom between 1 and 3 are awful (depending on personal opinion).

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

OneAlex wrote:I was so close to taking Manor seriously as a proper race team this year. Then they divvy up a race seat between 3 pay drivers. Of whom between 1 and 3 are awful (depending on personal opinion).
Guess what, it isn't going to happen :lol:

Italiano
Italiano

OneAlex wrote:I was so close to taking Manor seriously as a proper race team this year. Then they divvy up a race seat between 3 pay drivers. Of whom between 1 and 3 are awful (depending on personal opinion).
Are you blind or something? Or just obtuse? It's clearly stated that this is some malarkey that a blogger thought off. And now you immediately based your whole opinion on a lie.

Welcome to the speculation/preseason threads of F1. Where made up info is gargled like mouthwash.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

diego.liv
diego.liv

It still happened in the past, why is it odd/wrong if Manor does the same? Good for financial books and so the staff, good for supporters of the three of them (suppose they race respectively in their continents' races), good for them to prove themselves. Everybody wins, except you haters ofc