2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
sosic2121
sosic2121

Re: 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

Also, Ferrari was quicker at the end of a season after FIA forbidden mass dgumper for the last 5 races. And just as Michael put his hands on the championship, his engine exploded 17 laps from the end of the race in Japan...

sosic2121
sosic2121

Pierce89 wrote:In 2006, Shumi had the fastest car but the Samurai took the WDC.
Alonso is the only driver that could compere with Schumacher. IMO he is by far the best driver of the last decade.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Vasconia wrote:
Pierce89 wrote: In 2006, Shumi had the fastest car but the Samurai took the WDC.
Ferrari was only faster(at least Schumi) during the last part of the championship. Renault was clearly the best car in the first half, then a more balanced competition and finally a stronger Ferrari(not with rain, where they s*cked).
Renault was the best car because of the mass damper in the first part of the season (they used this since 2005 IIRC). At the German GP 2006 this technology is declared illegal, and Symonds said it's a 0.3 / per lap loss so I assume without that Alonso and Renault would have been easily WDC before Interlagos.

Vasconia

Spoutnik wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Pierce89 wrote: In 2006, Shumi had the fastest car but the Samurai took the WDC.
Ferrari was only faster(at least Schumi) during the last part of the championship. Renault was clearly the best car in the first half, then a more balanced competition and finally a stronger Ferrari(not with rain, where they s*cked).
Renault was the best car because of the mass damper in the first part of the season (they used this since 2005 IIRC). At the German GP 2006 this technology is declared illegal, and Symonds said it's a 0.3 / per lap loss so I assume without that Alonso and Renault would have been easily WDC before Interlagos.
Ferrari improved a lot but the advantage was too big. And yes, without the mass-dumper ban the victory woud have been easier.

It seems that it could rain today and tomorrow, but only some showers, qualy could be interesting! :mrgreen:

The race will be dry though. I think its ok because with 31 degrees(or more) Ferrari should be very competitive.

nevill3

Could we just leave the driver comparisons for another thread, I came to read about the next race not a "he was better but could have been king if only........" diatribe.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Well, FP1 is underway so hopefully it will give everyone something race-related to discuss. The previous race thread was locked and it seems everyone just came here with their driver-comparison discussion. :roll:

f1316
f1316

Vasconia wrote:
To be accurate: the Bridgestone's sucked in the rain. Michael's drive in China was incredible and streets ahead of any other Bridgestone runner; even in Hungary he almost pulled a decent result out of the bag (despite no pace at all in the wet) but threw it away by defending a bit too aggressively/not playing the percentages.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Ferrari ahead of Red Bull for now, but on the Supersofts. Manor almost 6 seconds off the pace. Wehrlein and Palmer over the 107% rule.

Vasconia

f1316 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
To be accurate: the Bridgestone's sucked in the rain. Michael's drive in China was incredible and streets ahead of any other Bridgestone runner; even in Hungary he almost pulled a decent result out of the bag (despite no pace at all in the wet) but threw it away by defending a bit too aggressively/not playing the percentages.
Exactly, the Bridgestone in general sucked in rain. And In China Michael drove very well but he was lucky enough because Alonso had a bad set of tyres. He was pulling away before that.

Vasconia

I hope Nico can find something more, he usually does when Q3 comes.

Ferrari looking good but they always look better on Fridays. Only one tenth between Sebastian and Kimi, I expect more from the German.

Mclaren looking good too. TR musst have checked something different because they should be between the ten fastest cars.

wickedz50
wickedz50

ChrisDanger wrote:Ferrari ahead of Red Bull for now, but on the Supersofts. Manor almost 6 seconds off the pace. Wehrlein and Palmer over the 107% rule.
Even the McLaren did very well on the soft. Can RBR and McLaren both beat the Ferrari's here at Hungary?? that will be awesome [-o< [-o< [-o<

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

It's me or the McLaren seems really difficult to drive ? Understeer, oversteer very often with both drivers. Maybe it's the new tarmac + heat ?
But still, they are the 3rd/4th car on this track.

oT v1
oT v1

1.6/1.7 second gap from the Mercs? i thought it would be a lot closer here. RBR will be closer when they put on the SS but still.....
The Power of Dreams

sosic2121
sosic2121

Vasconia wrote:
I hope Nico can find something more, he usually does when Q3 comes.

Ferrari looking good but they always look better on Fridays. Only one tenth between Sebastian and Kimi, I expect more from the German.

Mclaren looking good too. TR musst have checked something different because they should be between the ten fastest cars.
It's only FP1 but it’s not looking good for Ferrari :cry:
Nico is only 2 tenths behind. I think he is saving tires in Q2 so you get wrong impression about Q3.