[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Perhaps the high-speed and low pressure flow that "flows" in the two channels, helps the extraction through the openings that can be seen in the picture?

Alonso Fan

Hi. I have been running some simulations on my le mans car and i still keep getting weird results. I did a check to see if the stl is closed and it reports an error saying that its not closed. How can this be the case when I submitted the exact same car for the le mans race?

Andre?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

CAEdevice

Alonso Fan wrote:
04 Apr 2017, 12:23
Hi. I have been running some simulations on my le mans car and i still keep getting weird results. I did a check to see if the stl is closed and it reports an error saying that its not closed. How can this be the case when I submitted the exact same car for the le mans race?

Andre?
If you need a "test car" to check your software setup I can send you a stl. Or, if you prefer, I can take a look to your LeMans 2016 car.

Alonso Fan

CAEdevice wrote:
04 Apr 2017, 13:34
Alonso Fan wrote:

Andre?
If you need a "test car" to check your software setup I can send you a stl. Or, if you prefer, I can take a look to your LeMans 2016 car.
Thanks for the offer. Which one is easier for you?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

CAEdevice

Alonso Fan wrote:
04 Apr 2017, 14:12
CAEdevice wrote:
04 Apr 2017, 13:34
Alonso Fan wrote:

Andre?
Thanks for the offer. Which one is easier for you?
Maybe the second option (I'm going to send you my email by MP), so I can take a look to the whole car.
If you can send my the ST and a STP (or IGES or other nurbs based format) it would be better, but the STL only would be useful anyway.

AratzH

If it really is a hole in the mesh http://www.meshmixer.com/ is really helpfull. It can detect holes, wrong normals and such and fixe them with pretty good results.
MVRC -> TF

Alonso Fan

AratzH wrote:
04 Apr 2017, 15:27
If it really is a hole in the mesh http://www.meshmixer.com/ is really helpfull. It can detect holes, wrong normals and such and fixe them with pretty good results.
Thanks, I'll check it out
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

RicME85

Will also check that out as was trying to do simulations on the Perrin F1 car for a T wing experiment and its pull of issues,
Can get it through MFlow but I dont get proper results, they come out with that weird effect in Paraview.

CAEdevice

Hi, is there any draft of the calendar (tracks/scheduling)? I have to plan a couple of jobs during wich I will not be able to work on the car, so maybe I will need to design the "high df" and "high efficiency" cars together.

rjsa

The suspense is killing us;)

LVDH

Hi, I am working on everything. As soon as I get the tilted radiators implemented into the software I will release everything. If the software cannot deal and check them they will have to stay as they are.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
05 Apr 2017, 12:59
Hi, I am working on everything. As soon as I get the tilted radiators implemented into the software I will release everything. If the software cannot deal and check them they will have to stay as they are.
You don't have to drive yourself crazy about tilting the radiators.
It would be a great feature, but a couple of templates with 0° or 45° tilted hx would be a good compromise, together with a small change about the hx max height (450mm => 500mm) and a smaller thickness (100mm => 75mm), tuning the porosity parameters.

LVDH

Well, having a set of discrete allowed tilt angles was an idea. In the end I want to implement it into the software because Chris does not want more work on his plate, so the software should take care of checking if the HX is complainant.

rjsa

Quick question: Are wing endplates subject to the same 10mm thickness limit as wing elements?

CAEdevice

rjsa wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 15:55
Quick question: Are wing endplates subject to the same 10mm thickness limit as wing elements?
I think so, let's wait for Chirs or Andre to be sure.

Btw: may the 10mm minimum thickness rule be changed into a 5mm thickness rule + a minimum thickness for the trailing edge (1÷2mm, rounded)? It would help to design small winglets.

There will be any change about the mesh in 2017?