Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Livery thread again!

and some retro Macca. not my choice, but good to share nevertheless.

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

and a white-red Toro Rosso Honda

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

and Alfa Romeo Sauber

Manoah2u

and a Gulf Porsche F1 Livery

Manoah2u

nother Macca

ollandos

the joke with orange mclaren must stop ..ok one year and off its enough .....make it ROCKET RED the pure mclaren color ....the west livery or vodafone ..but with reversal colors ...basic red with chrome on sidepot and black lines..it will be perfect ..or chrome lines and black sidepot with chrome letters....but for sure ...NO ORANGE ..

GM7

Manoah2u wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 17:03
I beg of you,

Make a Mclaren with a dominant PetroBras livery. Green and Yellow, with some 2015-ish Mclaren red accents.
That's a big challenge because Red, yellow and green don't really look good together... Mclaren have already said that they will not have a title sponsor for 2018, so i'don't see how can the Mclaren be red,yellow and green...let say Mclaren sign a big deal with Petrobras for 2019 :lol:
Can I use the sharkfin for the 2019 chassis ?

GM7

ollandos wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:16
the joke with orange mclaren must stop ..ok one year and off its enough .....make it ROCKET RED the pure mclaren color ....the west livery or vodafone ..but with reversal colors ...basic red with chrome on sidepot and black lines..it will be perfect ..or chrome lines and black sidepot with chrome letters....but for sure ...NO ORANGE ..
Not agree at all, the Mclaren color are Orange and White, Blue. Every single livery used by Mclaren after Bruce's death are about main sponsor. I can understand the fact that Red is a Mclaren color because of the History with Marlboro but this is not the true Mclaren color...Black and chrome were the Mercedes colors !

ollandos

GM7 wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:37
ollandos wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:16
Not agree at all, the Mclaren color are Orange and White, Blue. Every single livery used by Mclaren after Bruce's death are about main sponsor. I can understand the fact that Red is a Mclaren color because of the History with Marlboro but this is not the true Mclaren color...Black and chrome were the Mercedes colors !
only 4-5 cars the very first it was orange ...after ALL cars have rocket red with any sponsor or non ..with marlboro ,west,vodafone, honda ..it was there exept last year ..the chrome it use only from mclaren mercedes color is silver ..mclaren with out rocket red its not mclaren ..for 40+ years...white-black and chrome is the compination

GM7

Manoah2u wrote:
I beg of you,

Make a Mclaren with a dominant PetroBras livery. Green and Yellow, with some 2015-ish Mclaren red accents.
I tried but i don't really like the result, it's look more like an old Williams than a Mclaren. I'm going to work on an other Mclaren livery.

f1316

Manoah2u wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 17:41
and Alfa Romeo Sauber

https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.co ... 5344_n.jpg
That’s gorgeous; the metallic red is fantastic.

_djc

I will attempt a 'Rocket Red' McLaren tomorrow - although would be 3 red cars on the grid.

GM7

My 2018 grid at the moment :

My Mclaren may change a little bit.

Manoah2u

GM7 wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 21:31
Manoah2u wrote:
I beg of you,

I tried but i don't really like the result, it's look more like an old Williams than a Mclaren. I'm going to work on an other Mclaren livery.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... robras.png
you're off to a great start there!

i'd personally drop the big red mclaren swoosh on the sidepod, leave the swoosh alongside the mclaren name black, but add a red nosetip and 'accent'.