Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
6 of 12

Re: Livery thread again!

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 13:24
wogx wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 01:49
That would look much better than the official one
https://i.redd.it/dpbz305tl9l61.png
this is what i'm talking about, this looks legit awesome.

how on earth did they end up with the trash they showed. it's like they're HRT.
I agree completely. It is a stunning design. Their livery looks like a GP2 livery. GP2. Aarrgh!

..and like back-of-the-grid-GP2, too.
No, Kimi, no. You will not have the drink.

senja

It looks better when the template car is AMR21. On FW43B anything would look worse. :mrgreen:

adrianjordan

Mazapin can't race under a Russian flag? No problem, he'll race IN a Russian flag...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

GTO99

wogx wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 01:49
That would look much better than the official one
https://i.redd.it/dpbz305tl9l61.png
=D>

Manoah2u

oh dear god look at how great this looks

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Morteza

Ferrari without the Mission Winnow

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Schuttelberg

I personally love the Haas livery.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Morteza

Found out where the stars on Mercedes livery have gone :D

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Shrieker

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:41

https://i.redd.it/2yg4ndgitn931.jpg
I want this on the W12 ! Reds for Ineos, and some cyan accents somewhere appropriate to represent petronas !
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Manoah2u

HOLY MOLY

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Herr_Koos

Manoah2u wrote:

That livery is iconic.

Speaking of iconic liveries, I see very few people doing modern takes on the silver West livery, which I absolutely adore. I still maintain the MP4/13 is one of the best-looking F1 cars of all time.

Herr_Koos

Shrieker wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 18:00
Manoah2u wrote:

I want this on the W12 ! Reds for Ineos, and some cyan accents somewhere appropriate to represent petronas !
That look forever belongs to McLaren. It would be like trying to put the Marlboro red and white on another team's car.

f1316

I think it’s nice we’re getting more of the traditional national racing colours this year (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ng_colours in case you don’t know what I’m talking about).

We now have:
- Ferrari in Red for Italy (obviously)
- Alfa Romeo somewhat in Red (I wish it was more Red - and I love the shade they use - but I guess Sauber want to remain a bit Swiss)
- Alpine in Blue for France
- Aston in Green for Britain (and a reasonably faithful British racing green - or at least closer than Ferrari is to Rosso Corsa)
- Mercedes obviously still using black rather than silver (or white) but in principle that may go back next year (and they’re doing it for a good reason)
- even Haas - while clearly actually trying to do a Russian flag - are actually not a million miles away from the white with blue stripes of the US

So anyway, not exactly perfect but kinda interesting and nice to see a bit more tradition.

Manoah2u

Well, to be fair, most teams are based in england so they all should thus be british racing green except for Ferrari.

Also red is not actually a traditional 'country' colour. It's blue. Azzuri.

I know you're refering to 'racing' colors but that's much more something established as manufacturer-imposed, and nothing with nationality. that only came later.

But if that, then Alpha Tauri should be Red.
Alfa Romeo should be fully white.

Jolle

Manoah2u wrote:
20 Mar 2021, 20:25
Well, to be fair, most teams are based in england so they all should thus be british racing green except for Ferrari.

Also red is not actually a traditional 'country' colour. It's blue. Azzuri.

I know you're refering to 'racing' colors but that's much more something established as manufacturer-imposed, and nothing with nationality. that only came later.

But if that, then Alpha Tauri should be Red.
Alfa Romeo should be fully white.
Weren’t there Swiss red with a white bonnet or something? Or the other way round... somehow I remember the colours were almost spot on