Mclaren Chassis Vs Honda Power Unit

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mrluke
mrluke

Re: Mclaren Chassis Vs Honda Power Unit

Belated updates:

2017 all vs Merc:

2017 all vs Mclaren

2017 Works teams vs Mclaren

Not sure it is as insightful as the audio analysis, but it is a lot quicker and easier to do :p

Of note is that the first four races were particularly bad for Mclaren last year, likely due to the difficult preseason testing. As such the comparison between this years performance and last years for the first four races needs to be carefully considered.

However I think its fair to say that from Russia / Spa last year they were racing against Renault and the same is pretty much true this year. Therefore the Renault and Honda PUs were and are pretty much even.

mrluke
mrluke

Re: Mclaren Chassis Vs Honda Power Unit

Sorry I seem to have broken some of the previous charts so i'll get those fixed however this one might be of interest to some:

I can't get it much clear than that unfortunately however what it shows is the delta between Mclaren's qualifying time and the pole time for each event from 2014 (Mercedes) via Honda to 2018 (Renault).

The gaps are where a grand prix was not held at that venue in that year.

Interesting to see that Mclaren are almost exactly tracking their 2016 performance line. I'm going to make the bold prediction that they will have their best performance at Spa (Belgium) and will likely average around 2% deficit to pole.