2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Thunders wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
dren wrote:I like the simplistic helmet design. They are getting too flashy and wild for my taste.

The livery looks great. I really like the neon flowing lines.
So far the most beautiful car, by a good margin.
Ever since they widened and rounded off their nose mid last Season it's just not feeling right for me. Looks wise i prefer the Renault. That thing looks like a mean spaceship. The Frontal View of the Merc is just meh.
The Renault is a nice car but I dont like the nose so Mercedes still wins for me. I am still waiting to see a truly exciting/spectacular/beautiful nose/front, but I fear that my only hope could be RB.

LookBackTime

Friday - the smiling day!

diego.liv

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce ... st-876680/

Fearing for the physical demands of the new cars, Merc opted to alternate both drivers in every day, morning and evening.
Schedule
Mon. BOT HAM
Tue. HAM BOT
Wed. BOT HAM
Thu. HAM BOT

SameSame

Super cool 360 degree video onboard with Lewis doing an outlap during the filming day in the new challenger (includes commentary from Lewis):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Ub6fattRc

flynfrog

Cleaned up a bunch of posts please discuss the topic at hand and not Lewis Vs Alonso for the 11ty time.

TAG

Good side by side pic here from F1Technical. Going by the reduction in the side pod openings, Mercedes must feel like they've made a huge advancement on the cooling subsystems because they look to be easily 25~30% smaller than last year.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ringo

The "drop link" type front suspension is even more obvious when compared to last year's car.
There seems to be an aerodynamic and also mechanical advantage with this geometry. The arms are flatter, and also higher up.
For Sure!!

Hangaku

ringo wrote:The "drop link" type front suspension is even more obvious when compared to last year's car.
There seems to be an aerodynamic and also mechanical advantage with this geometry. The arms are flatter, and also higher up.
Although they are obstructing the side pod intakes more than last year - makes you wonder if they'll clean this up closer to the first race.
Yer.

FW17

TED Talk

It's amazing how Ted has decided that Mercedes has "the most advanced and detailed aerodynamics in the pit lane". Well done, Ted.

Yes, you count the edges, and that means development. ;)

Wolf from Mercedes says that the new formula is more reliant on the aerodynamics. Yet many pundits say that higher grip levels will result in more engine usage at full throttle. Which means - more reliance on the engine. So ... Ted I guess believes Mercedes. :lol:

Ted will believe/push whatever narrative pumps up whichever team Lewis is driving for at the time. He is a Sky employee after all.

He also tried his best to get Toto to say Valteri is employed as a No 2 as well :lol:

cmF1

and so it begins! :lol:
プラスとマイナス

Morteza

Guys I have a question: So Allison will start working for Mercedes come March 1st, right? Does that mean he will attend the tests starting tomorrow? Forgive me for this silly question, I'm just a bit excited :roll:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

skoop

Morteza wrote:Guys I have a question: So Allison will start working for Mercedes come March 1st, right? Does that mean he will attend the tests starting tomorrow? Forgive me for this silly question, I'm just a bit excited :roll:
I haven't seen any comments on that. I can imagine that he'll stay in England, because in my opinion he doesn't want to travel as much and he wants to be able to take care of his family. Furthermore he has a lot of people to meet, a lot of things to learn and get to grids (is that how you say it? #-o ) with everything.
Maybewe'll see him at the second test

roon

Any idea what "EQ Power +" refers to?

djones

I think EQ is a sub brand of Mercedes used for electric cars.

djones

I was wondering earlier, how long do you think it will be before Bot beats Ham in anything?

I get the impression Ham will want to beat him in every practice day, practice session, qualifying and race - just to prove a point.