2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ennis

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Nov 2017, 00:15
Lewis breaks so many barriers doesn't he?
There's a lot of people who don't like his celebrity and his 'off-track' stuff.

They fail to recognise that it both works for him, as it fits with his mentality in how he ultimately performs, and the sport overall, as you then get a whole lot of people who are part of his network and will engage with the sport who wouldn't otherwise engage. I can also see Liberty looking to plug in to this more and more.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Manoah2u

sounds like total bs to me
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

Manoah2u wrote:
30 Dec 2017, 17:45
What makes you say that ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u

NathanOlder wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 02:33
Manoah2u wrote:
to be honest, bar some, all are labeled 'break even'. that would be sign 1 to me that these calculations look fishy to me.

then here we have the most successfull team since 2014.
getting more and more prize money.
having had a 2016 WDC that decided to quit, not continue, and got replaced by a driver with by far less salary.
another year, another WDC and WCC under their belt.

and they 'break even'?

hell no, they should have a huge amount of profit.
and that with a budget growth of 30 million over 2016?

i'd be delighted to see a link to the ACTUAL autosport page about this, i'm not finding it to be honest despite ploughing through the site, but that could be my mistake.

but even then, please, give me some links and sources on the material and how they calculated this.

i'm calling total bS on this.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

lio007

Manoah2u wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 02:57
NathanOlder wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
to be honest, bar some, all are labeled 'break even'. that would be sign 1 to me that these calculations look fishy to me.

having had a 2016 WDC that decided to quit, not continue, and got replaced by a driver with by far less salary.

and they 'break even'?

i'd be delighted to see a link to the ACTUAL autosport page about this, i'm not finding it to be honest despite ploughing through the site, but that could be my mistake.

but even then, please, give me some links and sources on the material and how they calculated this.

The pictures are from Autosport's Twitter account!

Manoah2u

lio007 wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 08:58
Manoah2u wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

and they 'break even'?

well that would explain why it's not to be found on their main website, doesn't it?

still, links, sources? nowhere to be found.
being on the main website or the twitter (which imho would only make it more open for bs posts) does not change that there is no source material provided, just some figures thrown in the air which really make no sense.
i'll take one from mercedes. "B4B adcance of nine places" ?? go ahead and explain that.

i'll also refer to this gem here, about 2017 budgets, which are completely different to what is shown in the autosport 'inventions'

https://imgur.com/gallery/LCEux#PDesG8I

it also doesn't add up to the 2017 fom payments that autosport themselves posted :lol:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/12938 ... 7-revealed

nor that they randomly choose who or who not to include with engine budget (Ferrari vs Mercedes f.e.)

so again, i call total BS on this.

lio007

Manoah2u wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 16:41
lio007 wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 08:58
Manoah2u wrote:

and they 'break even'?

well that would explain why it's not to be found on their main website, doesn't it?

still, links, sources? nowhere to be found.
being on the main website or the twitter (which imho would only make it more open for bs posts) does not change that there is no source material provided, just some figures thrown in the air which really make no sense.
i'll take one from mercedes. "B4B adcance of nine places" ?? go ahead and explain that.

i'll also refer to this gem here, about 2017 budgets, which are completely different to what is shown in the autosport 'inventions'

https://imgur.com/gallery/LCEux#PDesG8I

it also doesn't add up to the 2017 fom payments that autosport themselves posted :lol:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/12938 ... 7-revealed

nor that they randomly choose who or who not to include with engine budget (Ferrari vs Mercedes f.e.)

so again, i call total BS on this.
I can't rate them neither positive nor negative, because as you've already mentioned there is no information what sources are behind these images.
I just posted where they were published.

simieski

Manoah2u wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Hope this delights you:
http://classicplus.autosport.com/premiu ... 1471684201

It's the second article under latest features
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.