2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
superdowg316

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Some seem to not understand that Brawn GP was not in a good shape before Mercedes took over, due to having to layoff people to withstand the budget and be able to bring home the Championships. It's why Jenson and Rubens already had signed for McLaren and Williams before Mercedes had taken over, and because they were down on key staff, they transitioned to building a good factory team. It takes around 3 years for a team building to get competitive, and it was the the same for Merc (Started 2010, first win 2012, winning regularly 2013, Champions 2014).

Back to Ferrari, I believe everyone has a right to feel slightly pessimistic about their chances this year. In terms of hyping that "the following year is gonna be our year!", this time last year was the peak. Everyone thought they would take it to Merc this year. And they didn't. That's always been their culture, and when they don't achieve it they find others to blame for the shortcomings. I don't think Marchionne is as good of a boss as Luca was, and he wasn't exactly the best motivator either. It just seems that Sergio and Ferrari have started to fall into the same trap that Luca, Stefano and Ferrari did back in 2012-2014, and their results suffered because of it.

I think it's a bit hard to compare what Sebastian has done/is doing for Ferrari to what Schumacher did. What Michael did was essentially like if when Sebastian had left Red Bull, he took Adrian Newey and Christian Horner with him to Ferrari. You may be great as a driver, but if you don't have the best engineers and guys building the car, you get nowhere. That's why Michael took Rory and Ross, because they were the best you could have gotten at the time apart from Adrian Newey. Vettel brought no one from Red Bull and with the way Ferrari go through engineers currently, I dare say it is hard for them to convince top engineers like Paddy Lowe to join, because they will feel like as soon as it doesn't work out they will be thrown out the door.

2017 will be very interesting...
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

bhall II

F1Fanatic, Dec 20, 2016 wrote:“Our working practice is already different to what it was back in August, which is when Mattia Binotto took over the reins. The organisational change was also partly made to bring some calm. Put in the work and the results will come.”
Calm?
Sky Sports, Apr 18, 2016 wrote:"What could have been is unfortunate because it didn't happen - we didn't win - so we need to fix this now," [Marchionne] told Sky Sports F1 on Sunday.

"The team knows that the clock is on and we need to start winning some races and bringing them home."
Motorsport.com, Aug 28, 2016 wrote:"But anyone who doesn't bring results should leave. That is a rule that applies to everyone – even me."

[Marchionne] added: "We have an obligation to achieve the goals we have set ourselves."
:wtf:
grandprix247.com, Dec 20, 2016 wrote:“We did not have a successful season, and in 2016 we made a fool of ourselves saying that we had already reached the level of Mercedes.”
We? Plural?
thisisf1.com wrote:“The drivers’ title? I think we deserve it,” the Italian, at the launch of the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, is quoted by La Repubblica.

“Not because we are smarter, but simply as a reflection of the work we did in 2015,” Marchionne added.
Sky Sports, Apr 18, 2016 wrote:"The team has developed a car at this point to the level we expected and I think we knew we weren't going to be exactly on Mercedes at the beginning of the season," he said.

"But the car will develop to the point where there is no distinguishable difference between us and them. That's really important because it will let the drivers run."
[quote="The Telegraph," Sep 13, 2016"]An Australian study has found that about one in five corporate executives are psychopaths – roughly the same rate as among prisoners.

The study of 261 senior professionals in the United States found that 21 per cent had clinically significant levels of psychopathic traits. The rate of psychopathy in the general population is about one in a hundred.

Nathan Brooks, a forensic psychologist who conducted the study, said the findings suggested that businesses should improve their recruitment screening.

He said recruiters tend to focus on skills rather than personality features and this has led to firms hiring “successful psychopaths” who may engage in unethical and illegal practices or have a toxic impact on colleagues.

“Typically psychopaths create a lot of chaos and generally tend to play people off against each other,” he said.
[/quote]

Manoah2u

Lol.

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Dazed1

Ferrari to Vettel: "Shut up and drive!"
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38382366

Fer.Fan

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... e-for-lowe

Ferrari turned down offer from Paddy Lowe. They don`t need Ross Brown-hero according to Mr. President...

iotar__

Why are they announcing not doing something? You don't want him don't offer him anything, don't hire and don't associate yourself with lengthy explanations why you didn't.

It sounds like another 'we didn't like him anyway' after Alonso and Allison. As far as I understand it Lowe wants to be a team principal and not technical director and he's really something in-between at Merc. Which position is Marchionne talking about?

MichaelFerrari

Fer.Fan wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... e-for-lowe

Ferrari turned down offer from Paddy Lowe. They don`t need Ross Brown-hero according to Mr. President...
How arrogant have they become ? Do they really believe they can afford such behaviour. ??
Appaling

Manoah2u

MichaelFerrari wrote:
Fer.Fan wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... e-for-lowe

How arrogant have they become ? Do they really believe they can afford such behaviour. ??
Appaling
Not them, Marchionne.
A complete psychopath like an article mentioned before.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bhall II

I think I've made it clear by now that I won't hesitate to jump all over the inane ramblings of Il Duce Due and his sidekick, Marlboro Robin. But this one just seems like the answer to a question that was subsequently framed without context and in a somewhat less-than-favorable light.
"We had a proposal, but that role was covered," Marchionne was quoted as saying by La Repubblica when asked about Lowe's potential availability.
That doesn't make sense on its own unless the subtext is that Paddy Lowe himself asked Ferrari for a job, which strikes me as being extremely unlikely.

SR71

bhall II wrote:I think I've made it clear that I'll be the first to jump all over the inane ramblings of Il Duce Part 2 and his sidekick, Marlboro Man Jr. But this one just seems like the answer to a question that was subsequently framed without context and in a somewhat less-than-favorable light.
"We had a proposal, but that role was covered," Marchionne was quoted as saying by La Repubblica when asked about Lowe's potential availability.
That doesn't make sense on its own unless the subtext is that Paddy Lowe himself asked Ferrari for a job, which seems extremely unlikely.
I think the subtext means Paddy not only asked for A job, he asked for someone's job. Possibly even more than 1 persons job - combined into a global role for himself.

Vasconia

Dazed1 wrote:Ferrari to Vettel: "Shut up and drive!"
The arrogance in Marchione is something you can smell on this article(and the next one about Paddy). I can see Vettel leaving Ferrari after 2017. What an unhealty atmosphere to work.

santos

Vasconia wrote:
Dazed1 wrote:Ferrari to Vettel: "Shut up and drive!"
The arrogance in Marchione is something you can smell on this article(and the next one about Paddy). I can see Vettel leaving Ferrari after 2017. What an unhealty atmosphere to work.
There are people that are way too sensible...
I didn't find the quote "shut up and drive". And i didn't get that interpetation reading the article.

ringo

Looking ahead a bit, i think Ferrari can build a good car for 2017.
2016 was more operational issues than it was engineering and performance. They had really good pace at some points in 2016, but operations deficiencies were responsible for missed opportunities, development direction and frequency, and also driver deliverables.
The 2016 car didn't have any obvious weakness. The biggest weakness of the car was that it was difficult drive and to setup to get pace out of it.
The car was ok overall so i think Ferrari can do a much better job for 2017 on the technical front. They can build a top car next year; it's not impossible for them to do it, and i don't think it's any harder for them than it is mercedes or redbull. What they need to do is improve operations and HR management. Get the people to work in the right way, and also restructure their policies and culture to get what we see in redbull and mercedes. They seem too cognisant of conservatism and maintaining old cultures in the workplace; they aren't very progressive thinking.
For Sure!!

GPR-A duplicate2

An Oxymoron.
First Part -
ringo wrote:They can build a top car next year; it's not impossible for them to do it, and i don't think it's any harder for them than it is mercedes or redbull.
Second Part -
ringo wrote:What they need to do is improve operations and HR management. Get the people to work in the right way, and also restructure their policies and culture to get what we see in redbull and mercedes.
I predict that, they will turn up in February with a car that looks like an illustration of a part-time F1 journalist from a tabloid, to witness the work of art from other teams and go back to beat their heads to frantically copy that. A Traditional Ferrari method of the past decade.

ds.raikkonen

GPR-A wrote:An Oxymoron.
First Part -
ringo wrote:They can build a top car next year; it's not impossible for them to do it, and i don't think it's any harder for them than it is mercedes or redbull.
Second Part -
ringo wrote:What they need to do is improve operations and HR management. Get the people to work in the right way, and also restructure their policies and culture to get what we see in redbull and mercedes.
I predict that, they will turn up in February with a car that looks like an illustration of a part-time F1 journalist from a tabloid, to witness the work of art from other teams and go back to beat their heads to frantically copy that. A Traditional Ferrari method of the past decade.
Surprised to see you in a 'Ferrari' thread, thought you would be slobbering all over in the 'Lewis Hamilton' thread somewhere..
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC