2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
r101

Re: 2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

Those are not same profile jobs. Though I think there is a good chance either Symonds or Allison will return to Enstone.

Vladimir

Yes, Symonds for sure.

stefan_

Fred was great in lower categories and he'll do a very good job in Formula 1 too in the future if he comes back, but I think the timing for him to take such a role in 2016 wasn't the best. Big brand coming back to F1 and building a team, people moving around, new rules etc.

Props up for bringing Hulk aboard.

Don't think Symonds will join Renault. I would love to see Paddy dressed in black & yellow though :)
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Vladimir

Paddy go to Williams, or not?
If he moves to RF1, that will be big boost and surprise.

r101

stefan_ wrote:Fred was great in lower categories and he'll do a very good job in Formula 1 too in the future if he comes back, but I think the timing for him to take such a role in 2016 wasn't the best. Big brand coming back to F1 and building a team, people moving around, new rules etc.

Props up for bringing Hulk aboard.

Don't think Symonds will join Renault. I would love to see Paddy dressed in black & yellow though :)
I agree that Fred was amazing in lower categories. Symonds has to rest for a year (like Paddy) as well?

FrukostScones

Vladimir wrote:Paddy go to Williams, or not?
If he moves to RF1, that will be big boost and surprise.
Yes, Williams.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

TAG

Renault announce that they don't need a Technical director at the moment and will revisit their position should it come to that.
Renault's F1 managing director Cyril Abiteboul says the team will not be hiring a new team principal following the departure of Frederic Vasseur.

Vasseur and Renault mutually parted ways this week after just one year together, smoething the Frenchman put down to the lack of a coherent vision for the future among senior management. Vasseur joined as managing director in early 2016 before being made team principal in the summer.

Abiteboul does not feel the team principal role is a necessity in modern Formula One.

"We will not replace Fred in the capacity of team principal," he said. "If we feel we are held back by not having a team principal, we will take action.My belief is that the team principal role is something you need from team to team. If you compare Frank Williams, Monisha [Kaltenborn], Vijay Mallya and Christian Horner defining it is so difficult.
Full Article
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ajprice

Castrol is now an Official Partner of Renault, from the statement it looks like they will be promoting BP Ultimate and Castrol Edge branding. http://www.renaultsport.com/Renault-Spo ... ml?lang=fr

Scuderia1967

ajprice wrote:Castrol is now an Official Partner of Renault, from the statement it looks like they will be promoting BP Ultimate and Castrol Edge branding. http://www.renaultsport.com/Renault-Spo ... ml?lang=fr
“The vision that Renault has to be the best team in Formula 1 is something we at Castrol, and across BP, are proud to be a part of,” said Mandhir Singh, COO, BP Lubricants".
I wonder what McLaren will think of their new partner, after reading this :lol:

Vladimir

Interesting prediction from Hulk, after his simulator test drive of Renault R.S.17
It will be brutally fast car!?
Palmer also confirm that earlier in his sim test,but I don't trust him to much.

PlatinumZealot

Hulk's wait for a podium gets extended by at least one more year and the season hasn't even started yet!

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/349262 ... eur-tasks/
"In 2020, we want to fight for the title. If we want to do that, we need to be on the podium in 2018.

"It means that we need to be in the midfield during the 2017 season, which will be anything but easy, but we are hopeful of finishing between fifth and seventh places [overall]."
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Vasconia

PlatinumZealot wrote:Hulk's wait for a podium gets extended by at least one more year and the season hasn't even started yet!

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/349262 ... eur-tasks/
"In 2020, we want to fight for the title. If we want to do that, we need to be on the podium in 2018.

"It means that we need to be in the midfield during the 2017 season, which will be anything but easy, but we are hopeful of finishing between fifth and seventh places [overall]."
Well. to reach a podium in 2017 was a surrealistic expectative. I think this fits more what the team should expect for the new season unless they come with a big surprise.

Vladimir

Plasmans between fifth and eight will be nice for 2017. In that case in first 10 cars in plasman we will see at least 4-5 Renault powered cars.