2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
swifteddie1
swifteddie1

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Name change - McLaren - Honda MCL32

nancorocks
nancorocks

Andres125sx wrote:
Wow I´m impressed with that render. One of the most real I´ve ever seen! :shock:

Great job, really :D =D> =D>
Thank you very much :)

bauc

swifteddie1 wrote:Name change - McLaren - Honda MCL32
So they are going with more ''traditional'' livery and they go back with the pre MP4 era name tag for the car :o
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

F1NAC

bauc wrote:
So they are going with more ''traditional'' livery and they go back with the pre MP4 era name tag for the car :o
They never had MCL name tag

bauc

F1NAC wrote:
bauc wrote:
They never had MCL name tag
Correct it was only M23, M24 ect
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Lucky
Lucky

Vasconia

I prefer the orange one but this is not bad either. :)

Sasha
Sasha

It loses Ron Dennis/Marlboro name and gets the color that Ron Dennis didn't want......Orange.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Sasha wrote:It loses Ron Dennis/Marlboro name and gets the color that Ron Dennis didn't want......Orange.
Mp4 name came before Marlboro so it didnt stand for Marlboro Project four
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Sasha
Sasha

GoranF1 wrote:
Sasha wrote:It loses Ron Dennis/Marlboro name and gets the color that Ron Dennis didn't want......Orange.
It stands for Marlboro and Ron Dennis F2 team.

Sevach
Sevach

GoranF1 wrote:
Marlboro was with Mclaren since the Fittipaldi years, way before Dennis came into the picture.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Sevach wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
Marlboro was with Mclaren since the Fittipaldi years, way before Dennis came into the picture.

http://s2.glbimg.com/RMf0YVS86J8M7yqKiA ... 74-get.jpg
You are right about that, i made a mistake....but since Marlboro left Mclaren calls it Mclaren Project four...
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

twitter quote talks about change your 'NAME' in regards to the change from MP4/32 to MCL32,
the 'Name' (word) is colored in blue.....

now i know that that shade of blue is the negative color of the orange with the previous twitter image
regarding 'change your GAME'.

So it could be hints that we'll have orange, blue, and black, or it could hint we'll have orange, black and white.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Craigy wrote:
godlameroso wrote:I don't see BMW touching F1 with a 60ft pole.
Been there, done that. I agree with you. I don't see the Quandt family moving forward with an F1 program after the last time.

On the flipside of the coin, and just by way of "how might this be possible", however - read the following. Just suppose..

This year just closed (2016), for the first time since 2004, BMW are no longer the worldwide leading supplier of sporty exec cars, having lost their lead to Mercedes. Business logic (read: bizarre backwardsthink) might put 2+2 together and come up with an F1 programme to rectify the loss of sales leadership.

BMW compete with Audi and Mercedes for this position (USA centric would be BMW, Merc and Lexus, but Lexus isn't a factor worldwide) - BMW winning top spot back from Mercedes in 2005. You can bet the management at BMW will be tasked with coming up with a plan to win this back.

You can never tell what they will come up with; something will have to change though, so they may decide to go racing again.
It may also come to nought; BMW are at a low point in their model cycle and Mercedes are at a high point, so it may flip back again "naturally".

Just a thought.
I think the possibilities are wide open as of 2020. I would LIKE to see BMW back, SOON, but realistically concidered, it makes no sense to step into a V6TH era which is likely to transform into something different past 2020.

I think liberty media will open up the engine formula more as of 2020. That's what i hope most, but that's what i also expect a bit. There's still a decade or 2 to fill with hybrid cars before slowly shifting towards full electric. I don't see why there can't be a low-gasoline-consuming V12 Ferrari Hybrid supercar, or a V12 Aston Martin Hybrid Supercar, or a V10, V8, for that matter. I also could see potential for a 4 or 5 inline turbo engine.
Point is, at this moment, it's all a big question mark. If there would be a definative decision that V6TH engines will stay untill 2025, i could see BMW stepping in before 2020 even.

I hold the possibilities for a BMW return open as of 2020, not before at this point. It would be an interesting partnership, Mclaren-BMW.

My fantasy team-engine combo would be:

Ferrari - Ferrari
Mclaren - BMW
Williams - Honda
RedBull - Aston Martin TAG
Renault - Renault
Mercedes - Mercedes
Force India - Toyota/Lexus
Haas - Ford
Sauber - Audi
Toro Rosso - Nissan/Infinity
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

FrukostScones

Generic name , with the look of the FINDIA.

Who comes up with this?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.