2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
WaikeCU

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

First of all I want to apologize for my predictions. I was told it would be dark grey and orange, but instead it's totally different than expected. I'm now wondering what my mate saw during that event in Brussels and what made it look different than what is presented today.

Still wondering if it's just a test livery like back in 2015 when they've launched it in chrome/silver and it eventually the livery became black during the season.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

WaikeCU wrote:First of all I want to apologize for my predictions. I was told it would be dark grey and orange, but instead it's totally different than expected. I'm now wondering what my mate saw during that event in Brussels and what made it look different than what is presented today.

Still wondering if it's just a test livery like back in 2015 when they've launched it in chrome/silver and it eventually the livery became black during the season.
No need to apologize for anything. The livery is good to be orange but I'm not really fond of the specific design. Let's hope it will be fast tho ! :mrgreen:

Thunder

Well you didn't promise anything, so i don't feel like an Apoligy is in Order.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

wesley123
wesley123

WaikeCU wrote:First of all I want to apologize for my predictions. I was told it would be dark grey and orange, but instead it's totally different than expected. I'm now wondering what my mate saw during that event in Brussels and what made it look different than what is presented today.
He probably saw something different as the colors chosen are awful. Not the orange/black per se but the tint chosen is really bad.

The color looks different at every angle and in every light. When I just opened f1t I thought it was the Ferrari on the front page, as it looked Ferrari red. I also saw the pictures in washed-out Marussia red and in orange.

In 2007 Spyker had a similar tint, and they changed it before the first race because the color did not look consistent.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

WaikeCU

wesley123 wrote:
He probably saw something different as the colors chosen are awful. Not the orange/black per se but the tint chosen is really bad.

The color looks different at every angle and in every light. When I just opened f1t I thought it was the Ferrari on the front page, as it looked Ferrari red. I also saw the pictures in washed-out Marussia red and in orange.

In 2007 Spyker had a similar tint, and they changed it before the first race because the color did not look consistent.
Thunders wrote:Well you didn't promise anything, so i don't feel like an Apoligy is in Order.
ALO_Power wrote:

No need to apologize for anything. The livery is good to be orange but I'm not really fond of the specific design. Let's hope it will be fast tho ! :mrgreen:
I understand guys, but I was all excited and looking forward to this just like you all are and now after revealing it I just feel disappointed with the reality of what the livery now really looks like. Kind of expected more than this. :oops:

RedNEO

WaikeCU wrote:
wesley123 wrote:

Thunders wrote:Well you didn't promise anything, so i don't feel like an Apoligy is in Order.
ALO_Power wrote:

I understand guys, but I was all excited and looking forward to this just like you all are and now after revealing it I just feel disappointed with the reality of what the livery now really looks like. Kind of expected more than this. :oops:
You got played

dren

Am I the only one who is left unimpressed with the new livery? As much as I didn't care for last year's car, I prefer it over this. I knew we'd get orange in some fashion, but this is meh.
Honda!

RedNEO

dren wrote:Am I the only one who is left unimpressed with the new livery? As much as I didn't care for last year's car, I prefer it over this. I knew we'd get orange in some fashion, but this is meh.
Wait to see it on track before you condemn it. It looks great imo but as we know this is 2017 where nobody can be happy or pleased about anything. Just look at the forums on autosport you'll feel right at home there.

namao
namao

RedNEO wrote:
dren wrote:Am I the only one who is left unimpressed with the new livery? As much as I didn't care for last year's car, I prefer it over this. I knew we'd get orange in some fashion, but this is meh.
Wait to see it on track before you condemn it. It looks great imo but as we know this is 2017 where nobody can be happy or pleased about anything. Just look at the forums on autosport you'll feel right at home there.
We have to admit it. The new livery is ugly. Looks like a cheap, "Sauberish" and heavy car.

RedNEO

namao wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Looks like a cheap, "Sauberish" and heavy car.
That literally makes no sense.

namao
namao

RedNEO wrote:
namao wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Looks like a cheap, "Sauberish" and heavy car.
That literally makes no sense.
I'm talking about de livery colours, nothing else. For me, looks awful.

This one would have been great: http://www.f1colours.com/wp-content/upl ... anbull.jpg

bauc

I must say, I'm a bit disappointed by the livery, I like the part from the FW to the cockpit, but from there backwards it looks bad. However, most important for me is what the car is hiding ''under the hood'' and those few tricks that were mentioned by Zak that are obviously not shown on the demo car that we saw today.

So overall, I'm positive enough and expecting to see Mclaren move one or two places up in the order this year. [-o<

WE WILL WIN AGAIN
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

santos
santos

So many people requested to Mclaren to have an Orange livery... now most people don't like? It's historical, and it have a connection with the GT cars.

Jolle
Jolle

With the new colours it's rather revealing how low on sponsors they really are. Last year they still had Mobil1 as a bit more then a technical sponsor, but now Castrol is a tiny sticker in which we may conclude that they are only a supplier and don't bring extra cash.

dren

It's not the orange I don't like, it's the livery as a whole. The placement of the white and black looks bad. We've all seen so many good designs with orange used floating around on the internet, yet this is what is delivered.
Honda!