2017 F1 general testing thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
noxroxafox
noxroxafox
0
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

The RB had a Sensor Issue.. I hope they'll be back on track soon :)

taperoo2k
taperoo2k
9
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

Thunders wrote:Hmm that's not good.
Better to have something like this happen on day one of testing, than near the tail end.
Find the problem, work out a fix, carry on testing. I think given Honda has a new PU concept,
niggles with various systems are to be expected. Hopefully they'll be out on track again today.
Oil System could mean any number of things, perhaps it'll be something fairly simple and
easy to fix.

noxroxafox
noxroxafox
0
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

taperoo2k wrote:
Thunders wrote:Hmm that's not good.
Better to have something like this happen on day one of testing, than near the tail end.
Find the problem, work out a fix, carry on testing. I think given Honda has a new PU concept,
niggles with various systems are to be expected. Hopefully they'll be out on track again today.
Oil System could mean any number of things, perhaps it'll be something fairly simple and
easy to fix.
Probably will take a few hours, spokeswoman of Honda said it is in a difficult access location, so they'll need a few hours of tinkering

Santozini
Santozini
5
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:47 am

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

I know it's too early but again, not a good start for McHonda. I don't think they can afford another bad season... :?

User avatar
Gridlock
30
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:14 am

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

Was hoping Tag Heuer had learnt a lot more from their first season. :twisted:
#58

noxroxafox
noxroxafox
0
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

Did a few teams quickly drafted a T-wing or did they already had them planned? I wonder..

So far, for the T-wings, Williams, Haas, Ferrari and Mercedes have a T-wing fitted..

taperoo2k
taperoo2k
9
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

noxroxafox wrote:
taperoo2k wrote:
Thunders wrote:Hmm that's not good.
Better to have something like this happen on day one of testing, than near the tail end.
Find the problem, work out a fix, carry on testing. I think given Honda has a new PU concept,
niggles with various systems are to be expected. Hopefully they'll be out on track again today.
Oil System could mean any number of things, perhaps it'll be something fairly simple and
easy to fix.
Probably will take a few hours, spokeswoman of Honda said it is in a difficult access location, so they'll need a few hours of tinkering
I know, I expect if they fix the problem they'll be back out before the end of the test session. I would assume they have to take everything apart to get to the oil system, then put it all back together again and hope nothing else breaks in the process.

noxroxafox
noxroxafox
0
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

Image

I'm not a Ferrari fan, but I have to say: It is a beauty and I (not really) hope they've finally build a very solid and good car

User avatar
GTO99
1
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:12 am

Re: 2017 F1 Testing - Barcelona F1 test one

Post

In addition to the bull not running....it's missing a tail! :lol:
That's a pretty bad livery issue.

noxroxafox
noxroxafox
0
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

They say that the problems at McLaren-Honda are in the area of the front of the drive-train, so they have to take the engine out to resolve the issue.. They expect it will take 4 to 5 hours before they can resume testing today. So the chances Alonso will take the MCL32 for a run today seem very slim

User avatar
FW17
156
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

One would have expected being on the 4th year of an engine formula that they would have engineered the car to be taken apart and put back together faster than 4-5 hrs

noxroxafox
noxroxafox
0
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

FW17 wrote:One would have expected being on the 4th year of an engine formula that they would have engineered the car to be taken apart and put back together faster than 4-5 hrs
I agree, although, maybe they'll have the engine out in 1 hour, but they still need to resolve the Oil-system issue.. .so maybe its expected to take 2 hours to fix the oil issue and then put the engine back in..

BosF1
BosF1
18
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:27 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

noxroxafox wrote:They say that the problems at McLaren-Honda are in the area of the front of the drive-train, so they have to take the engine out to resolve the issue.. They expect it will take 4 to 5 hours before they can resume testing today. So the chances Alonso will take the MCL32 for a run today seem very slim
Why? They found the issue at 10a.m. Given let's say 6 hours max. to fix the problem, they'll be good to go at 4p.m. which gives them another 2 hours of running. Let's just hope they can fix it.

noxroxafox
noxroxafox
0
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

For sure BosF1! I really hope they'll be back on track soon!

Technokrat
Technokrat
0
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

Post

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask if someone can tell what the testing procedure is? What are the teams doing the whole day?
I only found this article of gary anderson a while ago: http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/21221526

Anyone knows other sources of information ( links, books, ...) or can describe the testing procedure in detail?

Thanks in advance and have fun following the test days!