Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f300v10

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Great view of the diffusor. Open the image in a new tab, its very hi rez:

mikhak

Winglet attached to the gearbox. Possibly reducing some separation off the top suspension legs. I wonder is this in the same gap 50mm fwd of rear wheel centre line where the upper wings are.

Also the outboard diffuser looks so busy. How do ferrari develop this going forward. There isn't any space to put any more geometry. And the winglets must be interacting heavily with each other so any tweak in one leads to a change in the entire cascade.

roon

scuderiafan

I'm not the most technically-minded F1 fan, but those fins are quite pretty in their arrangement.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Goran2812

the number of winglets there is absolutelly mental! :mrgreen: :wtf:
Did anyone ever atempt this on their difusser area before? Can't remember anyone beeing this extreme...
Also, what is the point of all of them? How do they work in unity? o.O
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

matt_s

The edges of the diffuser are soooo much more complex than any other car. :shock: Ferrari have either got a massively greater understanding of airflow than everyone else, or they've got themselves into a crazy feedback loop where they just can't stop adding turning vanes.

Just_a_fan

Compared to the simplicity of RedBull's diffuser and Mercedes's relatively simple diffuser in this area makes me think that Ferrari have got themselves in to a bit of a loop here. Of course the teams have their own aero strategies which lead to different design solutions but...simpler is always the better option if it works.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sevach

Just_a_fan wrote:Compared to the simplicity of RedBull's diffuser and Mercedes's relatively simple diffuser in this area makes me think that Ferrari have got themselves in to a bit of a loop here. Of course the teams have their own aero strategies which lead to different design solutions but...simpler is always the better option if it works.
Last year the FW and the stuff under the nose wasn't complex enough, "a generation behind", now the diffuser is too complex...

DiogoBrand

I guess we can never say if the best way to go is simple or complicated. Each team with their own solutions, but this does look quite messy and unfinished.

fawe4

I find it more interesting that they're at the top of the speed charts despite that diffusor.

Holm86

Shows a little bit of flow around the sidepod

Sevach

Sensors at the front.

jagunx51

............!!!!

Mr.G

Does anyone have some info about the strip in the floor and why they measuring the temperature there? I found only some speculations. From them the most reliable seem to be piping for the gearbox cooling...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts