Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF-70H

Gerhardsa wrote:That confirms it for me.
Its not a secondary inlet. It is indeed just a gap between the vane and actual inlet.
And the vane doesn't overlap the sidepod, it actually joins with it. Nice.
I'm impressed with the innovation from Ferrari this time around
how can you not see that it is a secondary inlet? for real? it is as clear as it gets, and it's super interesting that the above opening exists, there must be some clever way the air flow will guide into that opening, so it must house an interesting
purpose. perhaps it's directing air in a tunnel-like way into the diffuser or the rear end of the car.

need some good rear shots.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bauc

GoranF1 wrote:is this car shorter than others?
I got the same impression, maybe its the color but to me its looks like to be shorter than the Merc for exmp.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

bauc wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:is this car shorter than others?
I got the same impression, maybe its the color but to me its looks like to be shorter than the Merc for exmp.
it's got confirmed multiple times that it is shorter.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Manoah2u wrote:btw i really like the way the floor has a 'cut' where the pillar that connects to the sidepod is, you can see it from the rear shots and from the shot timbo just posted. lots and lots and lots of vanes and ways to direct air.

i'm thinking this car is going to be berserk fast in corners.
Do you mean these cuts below Shell logo?
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Gerhardsa

Manoah2u wrote:
Its not a secondary inlet. It is indeed just a gap between the vane and actual inlet.
how can you not see that it is a secondary inlet? for real? it is as clear as it gets, and it's super interesting that the above opening exists, there must be some clever way the air flow will guide into that opening, so it must house an interesting
purpose. perhaps it's directing air in a tunnel-like way into the diffuser or the rear end of the car.

Because the vane is not actually seen as a part of the sidepod or its intakes is it?
Its just because the vane "links up"/"meshes"with the sidepod that it seems that way.
Anyway...we are dancing around a dead fire here.
I do agree that the purpose is to redirect air into the "actual" intake, acting as a secondary intake

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

yes, you can see it follows the line of the UPS logo in this angle.

Fede90
Fede90

adrianjordan wrote:Is there any way that those aero parts ahead of the sidepod opening could be accelerating air into the sidepod to increase cooling effect? Or wouldn't that work without creating unwanted drag?
Interesting question :mrgreen: , maybe coul be a great solution to increase cooling...i think is as you said

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Gerhardsa wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Because the vane is not actually seen as a part of the sidepod or its intakes is it?
Its just because the vane "links up"/"meshes"with the sidepod that it seems that way.
Anyway...we are dancing around a dead fire here.
I do agree that the purpose is to redirect air into the "actual" intake, acting as a secondary intake
probably a confusing of what words to describe :D we're on the same page either way it seems 8)

timbo
timbo

Silent Storm wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:btw i really like the way the floor has a 'cut' where the pillar that connects to the sidepod is, you can see it from the rear shots and from the shot timbo just posted. lots and lots and lots of vanes and ways to direct air.

i'm thinking this car is going to be berserk fast in corners.
Do you mean these cuts below Shell logo?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5ayplcWAAI1Y_m.jpg:large
I think he means them, yes. And there are similarly shaped blades in fron fo the barge-boards.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Fede90 wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:Is there any way that those aero parts ahead of the sidepod opening could be accelerating air into the sidepod to increase cooling effect? Or wouldn't that work without creating unwanted drag?
Interesting question :mrgreen: , maybe coul be a great solution to increase cooling...i think is as you said
i rather think they are meant to direct air into a 'tunnel' that will feed air into the floor, rear wing, and monkey seat. i dont think it'll actualy guide air into the 'parts' that need cooling ('guts'). will need a decent rear shot. but that's what i'm feeling.

i want to see a good side and rear shot from the area around the rear wheel and the floor there. im confident there is much to see there of interest. wouldn't be surprised if in testing and australia, we'll see a different 'cover' which will show an opening similar to mercedes opening, to feed more air to the floor.

Powy
Powy

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/8 ... 2437516288 Under the nose, is that an intake similar to the Mercedes one?

timbo
timbo

Powy wrote:https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/8 ... 2437516288

Under the nose, is that an intake similar to the Mercedes one?
Yes, but interestingly it's on the side of the nosecone.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

already mentioned that.

CriXus
CriXus

SF-70H vs SF-16H top view
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

Holm86

timbo wrote:

Yes, but interestingly it's on the side of the nosecone.
The s-duct of the W07 also went up the sides