2017 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 28-30 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
sosic2121

Re: 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 28-30 July

rscsr wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 21:31
sosic2121 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 21:21
Manoah2u wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 20:14

maybe you should wake up and come live in the real world and not some hating world that makes no sense at all :lol:
In real world Verstappen has twice as much points as his team mate?
Could you perhaps have forgotten that Verstappen is driving for Red Bull and not Toro Rosso anymore?
I think you got wrong impression of what I was trying to say.
Riccardo has double the points of Verstappen. Or at least he had before last race...

Manoah2u

sosic2121 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 20:14
sosic2121 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 16:04

Maybe you should both check championship standings.
maybe you should wake up and come live in the real world and not some hating world that makes no sense at all :lol:
#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

why do i even bother.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

sosic2121 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 22:03
rscsr wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:

Could you perhaps have forgotten that Verstappen is driving for Red Bull and not Toro Rosso anymore?
Riccardo has double the points of Verstappen. Or at least he had before last race...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and how many cars did verstappen have that actually worked, vs how many did riccy had? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

again, why do i even bother :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

NathanOlder

I have to say, if Sainz was in the number 2 RedBull this year, Red Bull would probably have more points

Hmmmm......
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

SR71 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 21:27
IF Lewis was really playing the long game he would have known he was never getting past either Ferrari and focused on a legitimate pass on his own, slower teammate, securing 3 crucial points.
If he knew he would never get pass either Ferrari , despite one Ferrari having Mechanical issues (his radio worked before he passed Bottas so he may have known about Vettels problem) How the hell would he have been able to pass Bottas ??
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

sosic2121

Manoah2u wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 00:21
sosic2121 wrote:
rscsr wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and how many cars did verstappen have that actually worked, vs how many did riccy had? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They get the same car, but one keeps breaking down. Luck?
He is very aggressive driver, I believe he's damaging his car.

Manoah2u

sosic2121 wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 09:50
Manoah2u wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 00:21
sosic2121 wrote:

They get the same car, but one keeps breaking down. Luck?
He is very aggressive driver, I believe he's damaging his car.
#-o #-o #-o #-o

Manoah2u

SR71 wrote:
IF Lewis was really playing the long game he would have known he was never getting past either Ferrari and focused on a legitimate pass on his own, slower teammate, securing 3 crucial points.
problem is the car producing a wake meant he couldnt pass even his own teammate.
reminds me of the RedBulls dominating era.

When the RedBulls were in the front and free of other car's wake, they were unstoppable.
Then when for some reason they were in the field, they were still blazingly fast, but had a lot more trouble with the wake of other cars compared to the competition.

It seems Ferrari is less affected by the wake of other cars, which could explain why they're better adapt to stay or get close to the mercs, and for that matter, pass them - they are somehow less affected by the wake.

Phil

Manoah2u wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 10:08
problem is the car producing a wake meant he couldnt pass even his own teammate. reminds me of the RedBulls dominating era.
Sure. But if the goal was to overtake his team-mate, then an intelligent driver who realized he had more pace, would perhaps let himself fall back to give himself a better go towards the end when tire performance might overcome the dirty-air issue of getting sufficiently close to attempt a pass.

I fully agree that the chances were slim at best, but the problem with "team-orders" is that Hamilton never looked at his team-mate as a "competitor" but was playing the "larger picture" of Team-Mercedes vs Ferrari. And if the team agreed beforehand (as I am very certain they would have) that the team-result is always most important and the faster driver does find himself in a situation where he his potentially held up by the sister car and could have a go at the Ferraris a head for a better team-result, why not initiate the protocol instead of battling and loosing time on your team-mate?

Passing an identical car is more difficult than passing a car of a different team, because a different car will have different characteristics. The Ferrari may be slower in a straight line, have less grip in corner X or simply be inferior in the part of the track that counts to attempt an overtake. The teams sister car will not have these different traits (except if as a result of the driver driving it differently) but will indeed have the same strengths and same weaknesses. E.g be fast in the same places as it will be slow in the same places. Battling a different car and you might luck into having a faster car where it counts.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

SR71

NathanOlder wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 09:19
SR71 wrote:
If he knew he would never get pass either Ferrari , despite one Ferrari having Mechanical issues (his radio worked before he passed Bottas so he may have known about Vettels problem) How the hell would he have been able to pass Bottas ??
Passing isnt easy in F1 and it never should be. That is unless your team orders it.

If Lewis wanted those 3 points he should have worked for it. He cannot complain about "giving them up" at the end of the season if he loses by less than 3 points. He could have earned them that day.

TAG

SR71 wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 19:45
If Lewis wanted those 3 points he should have worked for it. He cannot complain about "giving them up" at the end of the season if he loses by less than 3 points. He could have earned them that day.
Mercedes botching the headrest in Baku was a far bigger haul of points. Maybe he can point to those? ;)

But why be such a negative Nellie? He's going to win this on way before Abu Dhabi. Don't you worry none.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

NathanOlder

SR71 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
SR71 wrote:
Passing isnt easy in F1 and it never should be. That is unless your team orders it.

Lewis wont complain anyway, and "if he wanted those 3 points he should have worked for it" !?
So he didnt bother trying for an extra 3 or 7 after that when he got to the Ferrari's. He worked his hardest yet he couldnt pass those guys, yet you think if he tried he would have passed Bottas.

Stop trying to spin it into something negative that you think Lewis could complain about in 4 months time.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

ClarkBT11

NathanOlder wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 21:03
SR71 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Lewis wont complain anyway, and "if he wanted those 3 points he should have worked for it" !?
So he didnt bother trying for an extra 3 or 7 after that when he got to the Ferrari's. He worked his hardest yet he couldnt pass those guys, yet you think if he tried he would have passed Bottas.

Stop trying to spin it into something negative that you think Lewis could complain about in 4 months time.
The point SR71 is making, that Bottas was a lot more slower than Kimi, and there was more of a chance for extra points instead of a less optimistic attempt on the Ferrari's given the track they were racing on. If Mercedes was more intelligent they would of radioed to Bottas " if you can't close to Lewis" he will take third position. I'm not talking about SR71, but some members might just be posting to get a predictable reaction.

godlameroso

TAG wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 20:50
SR71 wrote:
Mercedes botching the headrest in Baku was a far bigger haul of points. Maybe he can point to those? ;)

But why be such a negative Nellie? He's going to win this on way before Abu Dhabi. Don't you worry none.
The only way that happens is if a team decides they want to play spoiler by having a big step forward.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

Bottas laptimes being slower than Kimi has nothing to do with Bottas driving in defense mode. There is actaully less a chance of Lewis passing Bottas than Kimi.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏