2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Big Tea

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Go no, give em a couple of 'specials' that only have to do one race but at 110%. Starting from the back anyway so nothing to lose. Even if the engine does not make the finish line it will scare some other teams.

[-o< :evil: :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Ratatouille

Well, this is just Honda back to being Honda.
Shameful.

search

the engine from Austin should still be available for the race though, if they need to change this one. And in the end it probably didn't cost him much more than a place or two.

etusch

Wouter

Any news about the engine failure? I heard a cylinder failure. :?:
The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

Judging by the picture above, it was because he turned the engine up to 11 ;-)

etusch

bigblue wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 13:39
Judging by the picture above, it was because he turned the engine up to 11 ;-)
:lol:

Nova

When you need that extra push over the cliff.

bigblue

Tiny flicker of hope for Hartley, or am I reading too much into this from Tost:
Of course it wasn't easy to come here from LMP1, it's always a challenge to get familiar with everything in Formula 1 and especially tyre management is a big task to cope with. He has been unlucky sometimes, but he has improved in the course of the season.

Big Tea

bigblue wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 01:11
Of course it wasn't easy to come here from LMP1, it's always a challenge to get familiar with everything in Formula 1 and especially tyre management is a big task to cope with. He has been unlucky sometimes, but he has improved in the course of the season.
I assume it would depend on the available alternatives.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jackles-UK

bigblue wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 01:11
Reading even more into it - “unlucky sometimes” means that the rest of the time it isn’t down to luck ...

McLaren said Vandoorne “has done a good job but been unlucky” and they dumped him, Williams have done the same with Sirotkin and Toro Rosso could probably fill the entire grid with drivers likewise over the last 10 years or so that they’ve said the same thing about before brushing them aside! Personally I’d like to see Hartley stay but I think the writing’s on the wall (and has been for some time).

McMika98

Hartley had a full season including races last season, whilst you have rookies coming in and delivering on first year. He does not deserve a third chance, he ia too slow in quali and hammer time.
The team is a joke, Sean KFC Geleal driving in post season instead of Albon, what the flaming stuff are they smoking? So the next driver they get will just be thrown into deep end.

Ground Effect

McMika98 wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 04:16
Hartley had a full season including races last season, whilst you have rookies coming in and delivering on first year. He does not deserve a third chance, he ia too slow in quali and hammer time.
The team is a joke, Sean KFC Geleal driving in post season instead of Albon, what the flaming stuff are they smoking? So the next driver they get will just be thrown into deep end.
I guess if Albon isn't doing the test, then the deal hasn't been concluded with Nissan. Remember, he's currently not a Red Bull driver and can't even do a test without getting clearance from Nissan. But most places believe it's a matter of when, not if for Albon.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.