2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

PhillipM wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 21:38
And he was back on engine parity with Vettel and showing his pace, that guy just has bad luck every single time.
That sums up Raikkonens entire career, I'm afraid.

I believe he has the worst luck of any driver of all- time.

PlatinumZealot

This is exactly why Ferrai need a new driver. Kimi brings bad luck and it will never change!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

roon

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 00:41
This is exactly why Ferrai need a new driver.
Yes, they really should be looking someone who can win races and claim poles regardless of strategy decisions. #-o

Zynerji

roon wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 02:26
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Yes, they really should be looking someone who can win races and claim poles regardless of strategy decisions. #-o
I think it goes beyond that with Kimi.

Other than winning 2007 by 1 point, he never has the luck go his way.

PlatinumZealot

roon wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 02:26
PlatinumZealot wrote:
He is a good driver, but you can tell the mechanics are not giving their all for him. They want a new driver too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Juzh

kptaylor wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 18:54
Wow, Kimi cannot buy a break in Q3... Team let him down by not properly fueling him so he could have another go like everyone else. Down to P6. Shame as he's great at this track.
They tried the same thing as red bull. Gambled on the rain being heavier trough the session, so only the first lap would matter.

MtthsMlw

Whiting "amused" by Hamilton's Ferrari "tricks" comments Link
Whiting says that Hamilton couldn't know what Ferrari is doing, while confirming that the FIA is up to speed.

"I'm quite amused by it really," he said. "Because we know quite a lot about the Ferrari car, and there is no way that Lewis would know anything about the Ferrari car.

"That particular comment doesn't actually say anything. If he says they've got a few tricks going on on that car, clearly they have got some things on the car which are giving it performance, which we're all aware of – all us in the FIA are aware of – and obviously we are happy with."

Manfer

MtthsMlw wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 21:23
Whiting says that Hamilton couldn't know what Ferrari is doing, while confirming that the FIA is up to speed.

"I'm quite amused by it really," he said. "Because we know quite a lot about the Ferrari car, and there is no way that Lewis would know anything about the Ferrari car.

"That particular comment doesn't actually say anything. If he says they've got a few tricks going on on that car, clearly they have got some things on the car which are giving it performance, which we're all aware of – all us in the FIA are aware of – and obviously we are happy with."
So is this an invitation for Mercedes to start hiring FIA personnel?

LM10

MtthsMlw wrote:

The interesting part is: "Because we know quite a lot about the Ferrari car, and there is no way that Lewis would know anything about the Ferrari car."

Why is there no way? What if an engineer figures out and tells him? Or does Whiting think that Mercedes can't find out what Ferrari is doing without any extra information/help from outside?

MtthsMlw

LM10 wrote:
27 Aug 2018, 00:52
MtthsMlw wrote:

The interesting part is: "Because we know quite a lot about the Ferrari car, and there is no way that Lewis would know anything about the Ferrari car."

Why is there no way? What if an engineer figures out and tells him? Or does Whiting think that Mercedes can't find out what Ferrari is doing without any extra information/help from outside?
The FIA is actually measuring what's going on with the engine and Merc can't do that. So everything the engineers come up with isn't 100% certain.

f1316

Right, and if you remember some of Whiting’s previous statements, he said that even when Ferrari initially showed/tried to explain what they were doing, the FIA couldn’t quite understand it. They needed those measurements.

MtthsMlw

Team Radio transcription of Vettel's last 10 laps.
Nothing too special here but I still find it interesting.

S - Sebastian E - Engineer

E: Flashing blue is to Stroll.

E: And solid now.

E: Solid now, solid blue.

E: And Sainz next, Sainz 3.1 in front.

E: Hamilton same laptime, so we are not losing much, nice job.

E: And solid blues

E: Hamilton 47.3, same laptime 5.2, Ericsson next, Ericsson 9 seconds in front, 9 seconds.

E: And brake migration minus three clicks, for better balance.

E: Can pick up a bit more temperature in the tyres, pushing a bit more. No need to save that much, just to increase the temps.

E: Engine 5, Engine 5

E: When you can, not urgent, Driver Default Charlie fifty, five-zero, on, Driver Default Charlie five, zero on.

E: Hamilton laptime in traffic 47.6, 6.6 behind.

E: And when you can, we need to go back with that driver default because you did Charlie fifty five, five-five, so Charlie five-five off, Charlie five-five off, when you can, not urgent.

S: Do we need another Driver Default, or that's it?

E: I'll let you know.

E: No, we stay like this, it's fine to stay like this.

E: Fifth flashing blue for Ericsson

E: And solid now, solid.

E: Hamilton 7.7 behind, 7.7.

E: And three laps to go, three laps to go.

E: Hamilton laptime 48.0, in free air, 48.0.

E: Hamilton 48.6, 9.7 behind.

E: And last lap, last lap.

E: A bit warm with brakes, cool the brakes if you can.

E: Hamilton 11 behind. S: Copy.

E: And P1 Sebastian, P1, fair and square, bravissimo.

S: A modulo, Grande, Grazie Ragazzi, bella gara.

E: Go in the pitlane, wrong direction.

S: Red light, spells danger, tata-ta-tara-ta-tara, grazie, grazie, grazie, grazie. Thank you, good efforts all weekend, getting the package ready, well done motoristi. Grazie!

Arrivabene: Grazie Sebastian, bellissima gara. Martello.

S: Grande, grande ragazzi!

E: And P0, in mind.

Source

marmer

The longer it takes to announce what's happening to Kimi does anyone think Ferrari are waiting to see what happens with stroll force India situation.

Perez was in the Ferrari system
Ocon is fast
K mag doing well Roman improving
Charles easy to get and looks to be the next big thing.

All of these are perfectly achievable even if it means a driver might end up missing the rest of season

Morteza

Raikkonen’s radio messages reveal disagreement over rear wing damage
Via racefans.net

Raikkonen: I have a puncture, somebody hit me from the rear.

Team: Copy

Raikkonen: My endplate is also broken, looks like somebody hit me here.

Team: Understood.

Raikkonen: Everything is --- breaking down, with the tyre flap.

Team: SOC [state of charge] 5, Kimi, SOC 5.

Raikkonen: Don’t know how bad the damage is but send me out and we’ll sort it out.

Team: Yeah for sure.

Raikkonen: OK we have the endplate is bending back inside when the speed comes up so how bad was it? Because, it is going to come off very soon or if it was just the end part?

Team: OK [unclear].

Raikkonen: OK I can see from the mirrors it’s hanging.

Team: And slow button on, Kimi, slow button on. OK Kimi so we are checking also on the data and the video, for the moment we say out.

Raikkonen: OK but I can stop and we don’t lose position, you can check it. I come in and you check it better.

Team: No Kimi we don’t need Kimi.

Raikkonen: OK if you can somehow, I don’t know if I have a rearwards camera on my car but you can see what happens when I go, it’s bending completely sideways inwards, inboards, the endplate, when I’m spinning up.

Team: Yep it’s clear we are checking on the pictures.

Team: Basically the structural parts are the pillars so what we are checking are the pillars, the endplate is not structural so we are…

Raikkonen: OK, OK.

Team: So this is the situation Kimi. Where you have the damage is not structural. The structural part looks OK. What… we see that we are losing downforce but we are not concerned about the structural situation of the wing.

Raikkonen: OK, how much are we losing? To give me an idea whether to be careful or not.

Raikkonen: The car doesn’t go straight even on the straight line.

Raikkonen: I have no grip from the tyres. Really struggled to go through Eau Rouge, stay on the circuit.

Raikkonen: I don’t know, did you drop the rear wing or not? I have zero rear.

Raikkonen: Yeah it’s impossible to drive.

Team: If you want we can try to box and we drop the front wing.

Raikkonen: Yeah something I can’t go anywhere like this.

Team: Box Kimi, box.

Raikkonen: Raikkonen pits
You got the tyres also or something that has grip? It’s…

Team: No Kimi, we go, we go. Go, go, go, go, go!

Raikkonen: Raikkonen returns to the track
But my DRS is open on the straight. Even I don’t push it, no wonder I have zero rear end. It’s all the time open.

Team: OK Kimi, we retire. Slow button on. And box, Kimi, box.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare