General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GhostF1

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

apexcontrol wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 02:50
Honda is underrated . There concept was very bad so they had lost years. Then mc laren made it even worse.

But now the concept is good, teamwork is good. There is no doubt if they gonna challenge merc and fer the only guestion is when.

Redbull honda wil be in a good spot. Renault or mc laren.....one of them will quit f1 rather than winning anything
Even with the constraints and the "lost" years, Honda claim it was in a way, an advantage, they've learnt things about PU design that they probably never would have done without these tremendous goals and external and internal imposed constraints. There is a reason the PU is one of, if not the smallest out there and there must have been lessons learnt.. sorting those destructive vibration frequencies, trick crankshaft and rods to allow a shorter block, maybe even dabling with the much theorised magnetic bearing MGU-H, and their experience with an Axial compressor might of also brought lessons they are implementing now, especially since they have their Aerospace division involved.
Tough times but maybe they are onto something, we'll have to wait and see where this development path they've stumbled onto leads. It is great to see them running reliably and consistently though. For the sport in general.

PlatinumZealot

They never had an axial comoressor. That's missinformation.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

alexx_88

Honda is employing ERS engineers at the Milton Keynes base. Change of approach?

https://www.motorsportjobs.com/en/compa ... -racing-f1

apexcontrol

yeah we all know when redbull/honda will be champion it will not come as a surprise,

apexcontrol

i just really love, how everything is shaping up, Honda is doing some really good work, redbull is on par with the best. there money enough.
and now Ricardo is gone so they create a wingman for max, like bottas/raik.

this good be a championship contender in the making. this gonna be awesome, everting ads up

techman

i hope gas gets the seat.he know the honda engine and will get even better next year

apexcontrol

techman wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 16:25
i hope gas gets the seat.he know the honda engine and will get even better next year
yeah gasly or a honda driver

foxmulder_ms

I am not trying to aggravate anyone but these are just my subjective opinions: Redbull has zero business ethics. Like Mclaren did with Honda in 2017, they are blaming everything to Renault. We see Mclaren 2018...!

Let's take the last race. It was Ves'engine problem which ruined his race (maybe it is packaging..), in the same race it was the same engine which brought #4 spot from the back of the grid to Ric. Where is the praise for *that* engine? Redbull is like: "Success is all thanks to us, failures are all Renault's doing." Peah.. Seriously, good luck to Honda.

etusch

Re: Honda Power Unit

GhostF1 wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 12:07
MrPotatoHead wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 10:08
GhostF1 wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 04:21

Put it this way, for the entirety of the 2018 season, RBR will have all the access in the world to Honda's progress and data, while also VERY likely giving Honda unprecedented access to their data from running the Renault.
People seem to forget that McLaren had Mercedes engines before Honda... if there was anything to be learned they already had access to information from the best engine in the field.
So you think nothing has changed? And they've learnt nothing from the past 3 years?. Apart from RBR's extensive data of the Renault V6 PU and the fact they'll be running it alongside Honda in current reg chassis', It's a little silly to assume they won't get a thing out of this.
Different concept different architecture and we are talking about Honda. Even if there is some data, will Honda want to use it
Last edited by etusch on 03 Aug 2018, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

apexcontrol

foxmulder_ms wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 18:05
I am not trying to aggravate anyone but these are just my subjective opinions: Redbull has zero business ethics. Like Mclaren did with Honda in 2017, they are blaming everything to Renault. We see Mclaren 2018...!

Let's take the last race. It was Ves'engine problem which ruined his race (maybe it is packaging..), in the same race it was the same engine which brought #4 spot from the back of the grid to Ric. Where is the praise for *that* engine? Redbull is like: "Success is all thanks to us, failures are all Renault's doing." Peah.. Seriously, good luck to Honda.
wel yeah uhm mc laren is very bad with renault pu and honda pu,

redbull is the best by far renault and mc laren do not even come close.

redbull pays alot money so they may expect some good PU

mc laren did not pay honda, honda did pay alot to mc laren .....and mc laren had very hard goals for honda

so yeah ofcourse redbull is mad renault --- it up very good

rogazilla

foxmulder_ms wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 18:05

The difference is failure rate that Red Bull is complaining. When it works, it works but if 1 PU will fail out of 2 races that's 25% failure rate and to RB that's not acceptable and it is their right to complain that their expectation is based on the amount they are paying Renault.

To me, it comes down to are you a customer or are you a partner. Obviously RBR may treat Honda as bad as they have done to renault. However TR and Honda works more like a works team and partnership that I expect. If RBR follows that path, I don't see how it would end up as it currently is with Renault. McLaren's problem is well documented on more threads and posts and we don't have to re-hash it here.

HPD

Mansell89

For me, as a McLaren fan, I have to say Red Bull have landed the absolute plum draw here with Honda.

They’ve got a full works partnership, two teams worth of data (this will be crucial to developing), and have caught Honda at the right stage of development.

Within a couple of years, this really should be a great partnership, as long as they navigate the first season together sensibly.

godlameroso

No doubt Red Bull is already working on next year's car. There's no need to develop this one any further, it's easily able to be 3rd fastest, and on occasion can fight for more. It could do that with the current Honda engine, who knows what they come out with next season let alone in a few months.
Saishū kōnā

roon

Mansell89 wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 21:13
They’ve got a full works partnership, two teams worth of data (this will be crucial to developing), and have caught Honda at the right stage of development.
Trouble is, Ferrari and Merc have this as well, plus at a year or more of extra development. Is it possible to leap that divide? Maybe the addition of the RB brain trust will help. For example: in the 2009-2010 era, I assume RB would have suggested to Renault to develop EBD maps. Perhaps another suggestion such as that will again lead the second or third-most powerful engine toward victory.