General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

AMH has to now got to be a Dark Horse contender for 2026? Honda Power and RBR aero has already proved their worth...

Maybe Norris or Yuki land there?

Bill

Zynerji wrote:
24 May 2023, 18:33
AMH has to now got to be a Dark Horse contender for 2026? Honda Power and RBR aero has already proved their worth...

japanese are good with electronics the next gen pu will lean more toward that and honda will benefit more from having a network of supplier who are good at that.in the past when vettel was winning the like of ferrari complained that engine didn't play an important role in deciding who win champ .i wonder if with simplified engine history is about to repeat itself.

AR3-GP

Bill wrote:
24 May 2023, 18:58
Zynerji wrote:

japanese are good with electronics the next gen pu will lean more toward that and honda will benefit more from having a network of supplier who are good at that.in the past when vettel was winning the like of ferrari complained that engine didn't play an important role in deciding who win champ .i wonder if with simplified engine history is about to repeat itself.
Do you think AMR will sufficiently praise Honda? :wink:

Bill

AR3-GP wrote:
24 May 2023, 20:22
Bill wrote:
24 May 2023, 18:58
Zynerji wrote:

Do you think AMR will sufficiently praise Honda? :wink:
They will do better than redbull,honda took them from from third best team and made them champion but now it's all about Newey,f1 is about marketing to some extent so being "praised" is important.if you didn't know better that redbull is powered by a triple drs.

NL_Fer

So now we have a 3 year speculation who will be driving this Honda.

TNTHead

NL_Fer wrote:
25 May 2023, 06:26
Yes...But how will the drivers know which one will be on top come 2026? VER did bet right with his visit to the Honda factory years ago.

Bill

Max can look for greener pastures at aston if things dont work out with redbull engine project

KimiRai

NL_Fer wrote:
25 May 2023, 06:26
i'll be contrarian and say the lineup will still be alonso/stroll.

PlatinumZealot

You know, this news has soaked in a bit and I'm really perplexed by these two companies joining forces! As auto manufacturers they are totally different in their cars types, their style their engines and many other things... Such a weird combination.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

AR3-GP

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 May 2023, 12:51
You know, this news has soaked in a bit and I'm really perplexed by these two companies joining forces! As auto manufacturers they are totally different in their cars types, their style their engines and many other things... Such a weird combination.
Mclaren and Honda once had a partnership. Jaguar and Ford once had a partnership. F1 has a long history of boutique british auto manufacturers being powered by the common man's auto manufacturer.

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
TBH, Aston Martin of old is just a name now. The old style company did not survive the ford buyout and became an assembler rather than a builder, so Honda could have a big part to play in reviving the marque.

The sporting AM's were usually not real factory cars anyway but privateer adaptions, which is probably what Dave Richards had in mind. I see no real blockage to a Honda owned or guided business as they both began with a similar ethos and could well become the new classic given a chance.

Toyota have Lexus, so there is a role model.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

JordanMugen

PlatinumZealot wrote:
It is no different to Lotus-Honda or indeed McLaren-Honda. The feeling is that the Honda NSX and Lotus Esprit or Honda NSX and McLaren MP4-12C did not overlap significantly enough in the market for competition between the companies respective sportscar offerings to be a problem.

Perhaps Honda will finally get around to building a road car engine with more than six cylinders (with the V10 of the 2008 NSX having been cancelled), for supply to Aston Martin!

It would be relatively trivial to convert the 75-degree 3.5L twin-turbo V6 from the Honda NSX to a 4.6L twin-turbo V8 for use in Aston Martin products (a slightly funky crankshaft due to the Vee angle perhaps), although Aston Martin have not indicated a move away from Mercedes engines in their road cars yet.

AR3-GP wrote:
28 May 2023, 14:10
Mclaren and Honda once had a partnership. Jaguar and Ford once had a partnership. F1 has a long history of boutique british auto manufacturers being powered by the common man's auto manufacturer.
Lotus and Honda too!

Pat Pending

PlatinumZealot wrote:
There is no tie up between Honda and Aston Martin. The tie up is between Honda and the F1 team currently (co)sponsored by Aston Martin.

Zynerji

I'm old enough to remember BMW Sauber Ferrari...