Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sevach

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

Sevach wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 19:54
SF 70H Abu Dhabi vs SF 71H test spec.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYq0weEWsAEyEQ_.jpg

A few extra deflectors, redimensioned "L" elements.

Barge boards are slightly different.

Morteza

Via @AlbertFabrega
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Via @F1debrief
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

JPBD1990

2 FW specs

Sevach

FMP
FMP

So the lower one being the new one. I see the addition of a smaller flap or wing closest to the nose. Is there something else? My untrained eye is not the best even when I have them side-by-side.

ScrewCaptain27

The cutouts for the rear suspension are now wider:
Detail of the Halo mounting point:
All photos via @AlbertFabrega
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

JPBD1990

FMP wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 08:59
So the lower one being the new one. I see the addition of a smaller flap or wing closest to the nose. Is there something else? My untrained eye is not the best even when I have them side-by-side.
The top one is actually new, the lower one was as tested in Barcelona. On top, there is more of a “scoop” to the profile of the main plain of the wing as oppose to the additional slot we saw at launch/testing. Also, the flaps on the top image are less severe in their point at the inner most section. Also, additional slots on the outboard section

Edit: last few points could be due to angle/lighting, I think they’re actually the same in their pointyness (lol). The vertical turning vane seems to be changed in profile though, and now unpainted!

F1NAC

JPBD1990 wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 10:01
FMP wrote:
The top one is actually new, the lower one was as tested in Barcelona. On top, there is more of a “scoop” to the profile of the main plain of the wing as oppose to the additional slot we saw at launch/testing. Also, the flaps on the top image are less severe in their point at the inner most section. Also, additional slots on the outboard section

Edit: last few points could be due to angle/lighting, I think they’re actually the same in their pointyness (lol). The vertical turning vane seems to be changed in profile though, and now unpainted!
Top one looks like last years one?

Bottom one looks like refined one. Top flaps are more straightened
Last edited by F1NAC on 22 Mar 2018, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

JPBD1990

F1NAC wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 10:05
JPBD1990 wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 10:01
FMP wrote:

Top one looks like last years one?
Yeah no I think you’re right. In that sense it’s the old one! So maybe reverting to that wing if the new one isn’t as successful?

Could fit in with the rumours we’ve heard about having to shave a few points of downforce off the front to help balance the rear...

Sevach

F1NAC

Only now realising how hugeee undercut this car has

paddyf1

Thats a gorgeous looking front wing, looks so much better all red.

Vanja #66

There is no new FW, top one (aka "new one") is final spec FW from last year.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie