Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
User avatar
Zynerji
108
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

I've built enough teams to always take others opinions into account when making decisions.

A great team is a delicately seasoned soup. If you add an ingredient that doesn't fit, you ruin the entire thing.

But, as the chef, I must make the final decision on what to add using data and calculation, as that is my responsibility.

marvin78
marvin78
4
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:33 am

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

I don't see any educated opinion about this drivers veto thing. That's the thing. Even the opinion about the opinions is only an opinion and by the angle you look at them can make a whole other story. You say it yourself: We have very little data so an educated opinion about this and other stories is not even possible. It's all guessing around.

smellybeard
smellybeard
0
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

So Sainz was on loan and will transfer back to a Reddish Bovine?

marmer
marmer
1
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 am

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

Danny has thrown a right spanner in the works for everyone by going to Renault

Max and sainz have history so that's not ideal so sainz probably won't go to red bull and he is too good for Toro rosso.

Sainz for McLaren best guess atm.
Stroll to force India
Whichever driver gets dropped/quits force India to Williams or maybe Haas if they drop gro personally i see Perez being a good fit for haas

User avatar
Zynerji
108
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

smellybeard wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:19 pm
So Sainz was on loan and will transfer back to a Reddish Bovine?
Doubtful. Probably heading to McL.

User avatar
Sieper
68
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

Mercedes is set, Ferrari is apparently also set, Either with another year for Kimi (which I expect) or a bold move to Leclerc, at RBR I think Ricciardo knows that Max ouperforms him and he will never be champion. So If you want that, and that is his goal, why not hope that Renault can indeed improve further. They are now 4th best or thereabout. Only one place difference with RBR so Ricci is just hoping the Renault PU will be better than next years Honda.
Controversy does not have a short memory.

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar
1
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:38 am

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

Most probably, Sainz to RBR but I really hope that they can snatch Nando for 1 or 2 years and just push Sainz back to Toro Rosso

apexcontrol
apexcontrol
1
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

djos wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:33 pm
apexcontrol wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:28 pm
ThumbsUp wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:14 pm


I don’t know, he wanted to be a world champion. That’s not going to happen at Renault for a while, I do think his best chance for that is staying at RBR.

He might lose at raw speed but he’s way more consistent then Max. He’s always there to pickup the lost points of others. And that’s a good quality too.
naaa that not qualty, thats just knowing youre not that good
Yeah, he's only the best over taker in F1 right now..... Not that good seems reasonable... #-o
no way

AngusF1
AngusF1
5
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 am

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

Well, serves Red Bull right. They have form in this sort of situation before, betraying Webber numerous times despite him never being signed as a number 2 driver. It's quite clear that despite Ricciardo being the consistently higher scoring driver, <removed expression likely to lead to fan ying-yang> Verstappen will be favoured. For Ricciardo to leave likely means that he either couldn't secure a guarantee of equal status, or did not find RB's pleas convincing.

Let's hope Ricciardo can annihilate the midfield next year for a seat in a championship winning car in 2020.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol
1
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

djos wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:33 pm
apexcontrol wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:28 pm
ThumbsUp wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:14 pm


I don’t know, he wanted to be a world champion. That’s not going to happen at Renault for a while, I do think his best chance for that is staying at RBR.

He might lose at raw speed but he’s way more consistent then Max. He’s always there to pickup the lost points of others. And that’s a good quality too.
naaa that not qualty, thats just knowing youre not that good
Yeah, he's only the best over taker in F1 right now..... Not that good seems reasonable... #-o
no way is getting killed by max and thats it ,yess he is getting some points sure but only if max fails.
max does not care about third place one first is at stake.

i love daniel fore sure and he is maybe the best guy on the grind in terms of being likeable, and he has beating vettel,
so yess he is very good no doubt about it, but we al know max is the number one driver just because he is something else.

and ric knows that....there was no other choice ric is a nummer 1 driver also and with in a team with max he would not be the number one driver because so many reasons max is a money machine, with maybe the best driverskills
sinds shumi/senna

apexcontrol
apexcontrol
1
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

AngusF1 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:53 pm
Well, serves Red Bull right. They have form in this sort of situation before, betraying Webber numerous times despite him never being signed as a number 2 driver. It's quite clear that despite Ricciardo being the consistently higher scoring driver, Golden Bollocks Verstappen will be favoured. For Ricciardo to leave likely means that he either couldn't secure a guarantee of equal status, or did not find RB's pleas convincing.

Let's hope Ricciardo can annihilate the midfield next year for a seat in a championship winning car in 2020.

yeah i think redbull are very happy .......very happy if they wanted to keep him they could have.
but ric knows redbull belongs to max. have you ever seen the support max gets ?
i mean they sold out redbull ring many times now just because max.


surely there will be a second driver to max, like a wingman bottas/raikonnen.
maybe a honda driver a Japanese one, maybe gasly.

but not one with a killer instinct, because max wil accept something like that he will win and kill the other guy and thats not in the benefit of the team

User avatar
NathanOlder
48
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

apexcontrol wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:55 pm
djos wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:33 pm
apexcontrol wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:28 pm


naaa that not qualty, thats just knowing youre not that good
Yeah, he's only the best over taker in F1 right now..... Not that good seems reasonable... #-o
no way is getting killed by max and thats it ,yess he is getting some points sure but only if max fails.
max does not care about third place one first is at stake.

i love daniel fore sure and he is maybe the best guy on the grind in terms of being likeable, and he has beating vettel,
so yess he is very good no doubt about it, but we al know max is the number one driver just because he is something else.

and ric knows that....there was no other choice ric is a nummer 1 driver also and with in a team with max he would not be the number one driver because so many reasons max is a money machine, with maybe the best driverskills
sinds shumi/senna
Hasn't Daniel had more mechanical issues than Max this year, yet he finds himself in front of Max in the standings. I wonder why that is ?

Yes Max has 1 lap advantage, but Daniel has Race advantage, and points are only given out on Sundays.

Since the day Max joined RBR, Daniel has outscored him every season. Not a fluke
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

apexcontrol
apexcontrol
1
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:22 pm
apexcontrol wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:55 pm
djos wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:33 pm


Yeah, he's only the best over taker in F1 right now..... Not that good seems reasonable... #-o
no way is getting killed by max and thats it ,yess he is getting some points sure but only if max fails.
max does not care about third place one first is at stake.

i love daniel fore sure and he is maybe the best guy on the grind in terms of being likeable, and he has beating vettel,
so yess he is very good no doubt about it, but we al know max is the number one driver just because he is something else.

and ric knows that....there was no other choice ric is a nummer 1 driver also and with in a team with max he would not be the number one driver because so many reasons max is a money machine, with maybe the best driverskills
sinds shumi/senna
Hasn't Daniel had more mechanical issues than Max this year, yet he finds himself in front of Max in the standings. I wonder why that is ?

Yes Max has 1 lap advantage, but Daniel has Race advantage, and points are only given out on Sundays.

Since the day Max joined RBR, Daniel has outscored him every season. Not a fluke


you don't get it max has nothing to prove, only victory is enough he does not care otherwise, ricardo needs the points he want to get in the picture of ferrari and merc.

don't you see ? max verstappen does not care. he will take all risk when there no championship at stake.
ric is at the end of his f1 career, he need to do something.otherwise he will not be interesting for ferrari and merc

and redbull will not give him same contract like max,
there is no choice for ric he will never be number 1 driver paired with max

the support for max @ aus bel hun is unreal. max has the number one spot and gets more money.

but at renault ric will be the number one



https://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content ... 50x501.jpg

http://imgb.igcdn.nl/ebc982dce269425eb1 ... tappen.jpg

max verstappen is king he has the support, he his own village he multiple own tribunes
so you see it very smart of ric, because redbull = max

this is the best move ric could have done
Last edited by apexcontrol on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NathanOlder
48
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

I was just pointing out that Max is not killing Danny, and never has. Also if Max doesnt care for 3rd 4th ect, he will never win a title. so he will have to change.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

apexcontrol
apexcontrol
1
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:33 pm
I was just pointing out that Max is not killing Danny, and never has. Also if Max doesnt care for 3rd 4th ect, he will never win a title. so he will have to change.
yes kwali is just awfull for ric, and in the race max takes way more risc.

but look at this

https://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content ... 50x501.jpg

http://imgb.igcdn.nl/ebc982dce269425eb1 ... tappen.jpg

https://www.pluggedliveshows.com/wp-con ... 28.05.jpeg

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/max- ... 7/3133166/

max is intimating he is king and does not care, and why ? he is not only fast but has so much support no other drivers has that on the grid, and max knows it

max verstappen village wahahaha ......redbull is max verstappen world

max has more ppl behind him then 50% of the drivers of the grid together,


alonso says gp2 engine well okay, thats harsch but right

max says:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx20X2iH26Q
yes max does not care he will rather blow the engine to pieces then drive with a bullshit car

and why ? because max is redbull he does not need to care
Last edited by apexcontrol on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.