Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nokivasara
nokivasara

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Very happy for RIC, the atmosphere at RB can't be much fun to work in.

For some reason I've been rooting for Renault since their comeback, initially I thought ALO would go there when he left Ferrari, too bad that never happened.

ringo

Alonso seems allergic to Honda engines, i don't think he will go to redbull.
I see Sainz going to redbull for a few races and switching between gasly of torro rosso.

Williams will keep Sirotkin, as Paddy Lowe has a strong Russian connection. Ocon will go to Williams, along with the mercedes gearbox.
For Sure!!

iotar__

- Far from top driver Ricciardo made new Senna, Alonso, Vettel etc. not that special and had to go?
- Second guess, I'd say equally or more probable - age. BS marketing, youth brand. Let's see how he deals with cars that are not stable under sideways braking.
- Who will they put to make Seventh Place look good? Hartley? Do they have someone else they rejected a decade ago for that purpose =P~ ?

ringo

Lol at sideways braking, but point taken. All that late braking in dirty air will not be possible with a non redbull car.

I was wondering... what if Verstappen's and Horner's rants soured renault's relationship to the point they saw no value in retaining Sainz a redbull driver. Renault just threw the toys out along with Sainz. I don't think Sainz performance against hulk decided if he stayed or went. His dropping may well be for the deteriorated relationship with redbull.
Why sustain a driver for redbull when you can take their best driver from them and make him your driver full time?
Also they are left to their own devices having to balance Sainz and Max for a second time, and something tells me Max will still lose to Sainz over a year.
For Sure!!

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:04
Lol at sideways braking, but point taken. All that late braking in dirty air will not be possible with a non redbull car.

I was wondering... what if Verstappen's and Horner's rants soured renault's relationship to the point they saw no value in retaining Sainz a redbull driver. Renault just threw the toys out along with Sainz. I don't think Sainz performance against hulk decided if he stayed or went. His dropping may well be for the deteriorated relationship with redbull.
Why sustain a driver for redbull when you can take their best driver from them and make him your driver full time?
Also they are left to their own devices having to balance Sainz and Max for a second time, and something tells me Max will still lose to Sainz over a year.
ofcourse verstappen will not loose not in a million year, just for the sake of that i hope they put him next to him
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formule_1_in_2015

max was then alrdy faster and sainz was/is 3 years older, ofcoure max will win he will win easy

Max Verstappen 9-3 Daniel Ricciardo
Nico Hülkenberg 7-5 Carlos Sainz

Schuttelberg

One young driver is really going to lose out in this game of musical chairs.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 21:22
One young driver is really going to lose out in this game of musical chairs.
i dont hope so

Schuttelberg

Mercedes have too many young hot shots. Red Bull have none.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

zeph
zeph

This is huge.

I'm inclined to view this as an interim move from Ricciardo. My guess is he is still gunning for a Mercedes or Ferrari seat.
Maybe he has an option to get out of his Renault contract if either becomes available by this time next year?

It was clear RBR were relegating him to a Webber-like support role for Verstappen, so I think this is probably for the best. I don't see Renault being much more competitive next year, but RBR with a Honda PU is also a bit of an unknown at this point.

Edax
Edax

I think the reason for the break up had little to do with Verstappen. Ricciardo played a high stakes game by openly courting other teams. I guess drivers are constantly evaluating their options and try to play them out, but I have never seen it played out this openly.

Just imagine. Mateschitz has invested tens of millions in this F1 endeavor and then a 29 year old walks up to every camera he can find and tells a) he would rather drive for a “champion worthy” team and b) in case he wouldn’t find a better option they could retain him for a lot more money than he is payed now.

I think that backfired with the Red Bull management. Sure they may be somewhat sad to see him go, he is a good driver after all. But In the end they are some pretty big ego’s involved that would rather cut him loose than admit they have given in. Mateschitz made it pretty clear he would call Ricciardo’s bluff, lowball Ricciardo’s demands and wouldn’t give him negotiation space.

I guess that is pretty much what he did forcing Ricciardo to Renault.

NathanOlder

apexcontrol wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:09
ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:04

ofcourse verstappen will not loose not in a million year, just for the sake of that i hope they put him next to him
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formule_1_in_2015

max was then alrdy faster and sainz was/is 3 years older, ofcoure max will win he will win easy

Max Verstappen 9-3 Daniel Ricciardo
Nico Hülkenberg 7-5 Carlos Sainz
Next you will say "of course Max won't lose out to Daniel over a year, Not in a million years"

And who said anything about being faster ? Ringo said lose out over a year. Nothing to do with single lap qualifying pace/results.

Since moving to RBR , Max has lost every year to Daniel. How do you feel about that ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Wahahaha not even close not even close
But if you want to see it that way. Well cant stop you. enjoy it

The way i see it max has more changes to become a 6 time worldchampion
Then ric becoming it ever.

But youre telling me otherwise, well we just have to wait and see then.

For now....max killed ric and ric is off to a second rate team.
Count youre luck

holeindalip
holeindalip

max is no where near ready for a championship season, checkers or wreckers for him but ric.... he is more than ready to put up a challenge for a title, so even if honda redbull are contenders next year they wont win. but if renault come out and have a challenger who looks like a fool now??

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Come on ric needs a spot on merc or fer.
Ric needs the points he needs to stand out.

Last years max was fighting rosberg vettel and many others and ric was there to pick up the left overs....sure ric a very good in waiting......yes well redbull is maxmania vettel and hami have the other 2 teams

And what has ric ? Hope for next year seat fer or merc ? Or you think renault will pull a brawn gp next year ?

Tell me one good thing what ric has going for beside being a cool guy ?

NathanOlder

apexcontrol wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 23:31
Wahahaha not even close not even close
But if you want to see it that way. Well cant stop you. enjoy it

The way i see it max has more changes to become a 6 time worldchampion
Then ric becoming it ever.

But youre telling me otherwise, well we just have to wait and see then.

For now....max killed ric and ric is off to a second rate team.
Count youre luck
Max a 6 time champion pmsl. He is struggling to get to a 6 time race winner. I never said Ric will be a 6 time champion so not sure where you pulled that from.

Danny has beat Max and Vettel in equal machinery thats a FACT. All your babbling on about is what will happen in the future. And Max a 6 time champion is so so funny. With Leclerc (Ferrari) Lando ( Mclaren) and Ocon/Russel (Merc) those guys are all young and tied in to the top teams. They all have as much chance as Max. And id bet on one of those being Champion before Max.

Live in Max fantasy world all you like. But dont talk against facts. Max hasn't beat his team mate since 2015.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC