The "Reply to s.s. without spamming up the Ferrari Power Unit thread" thread

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
saviour stivala

Re: The "Reply to s.s. without spamming up the Ferrari Power Unit thread" thread

So customer teams of Mercedes power unit needs Mercedes permission and sometimes even given requests/orders as to what mode they may use during a race.

turbof1

Re: The "Reply to s.s. without spamming up the Ferrari Power Unit thread" thread

Alright people, can we please stop discussing what mercedes did and what ferrari did? The set up of this thread is simple: it's to help a fellow member out without clogging up the other threads. Please let's stick to it.
#AeroFrodo

henry

Hello saviour stivala.

A while back we had a discussion about whether the wastegates bypass the Turbine or exit from the turbine scroll.

Can I suggest you look at this post, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18874&start=13440#p749725 where you will see that, at least for Honda, they are positioned on top of the scroll housing.

This doesn’t change the electric supercharger mode but it does suggest that the exhaust gases enter the turbine scroll and may have an opportunity to do some work on the turbine before exiting.

What do you think?
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

saviour stivala

henry wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 18:25
Hello saviour stivala.

A while back we had a discussion about whether the wastegates bypass the Turbine or exit from the turbine scroll.

Can I suggest you look at this post, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18874&start=13440#p749725 where you will see that, at least for Honda, they are positioned on top of the scroll housing.

This doesn’t change the electric supercharger mode but it does suggest that the exhaust gases enter the turbine scroll and may have an opportunity to do some work on the turbine before exiting.

What do you think?
Being positioned on top of the exhaust turbine scroll housing does not mean they are part of or build in the exhaust turbine scroll housing.

saviour stivala

henry wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 18:25
Hello saviour stivala.

What do you think?
Please you have to wait, it is out of my control, if you are lucky you will have your answer.

Polite

``The only car that took a noticeable performance hit after the regulation change on oil usage was Ferrari.``
Not really, was the AMG Pu that did 2 steps back :wink:

``The only engine now under scrutiny for illegal engine configuration.... is Ferrari.``
For what we know, the hardware of the twin battery was there till 2016. Under twin sensors and FIA approvation, Ferrari won the races under live investivation.

Imho, noone there is evil and for sure there arent angels in f1.

dans79

Come on Phil, I just read through this not noticing the time stamps thinking it was a new thread.
197 104 103 7

saviour stivala

dans79 wrote:
07 Nov 2018, 04:29
Come on Phil, I just read through this not noticing the time stamps thinking it was a new thread.
It’s OK, doesn’t matter much, he felt just like saying something after a long time. But ‘illegal FERRARI engine?’, I for sure would have been objected too if I as much as have uttered such things.