2018 United States Grand Prix - Austin, 19-21 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
TAG

Re: 2018 United States Grand Prix - Austin, 19-21 October

Juzh wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 14:28
Just gonna leave this here in regards to the german gp:
Although Hamilton was adjudged to have committed an offence, the stewards’ official verdict revealed he had escaped a stiffer penalty because:

— ‘The driver and the team candidly admitted the mistake and the fact there was confusion within the team as to whether to stay out or to enter the pits and that led to the infringement.’

— ‘The fact that the infringement took place during a Safety Car period.’

— ‘At no time was there any danger to any other competitor and the change in direction was executed in a safe way.’
So the fia here admitted hamilton was guilty but because there was no danger no penalty was given, yet in this case (also ric's and ocon's) they went totally by the book. Mercedes must be ******g those ****s pretty good one must admit.
You're equating a RED FLAG to crossing a pit lane line?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

TAG

subcritical71 wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 16:20
I have to say, it’s a quarter past 10am my time and I still don’t have my F1 qualifying fix! I love that F1 has come back to America but I don’t enjoy waiting for a normal (sensible) starting time of activities. :wink: Bring on P3 already! :mrgreen:
On the other hand, a burger and a margarita for qualifying beats the hell out of a muffin and coffee.
Last edited by TAG on 20 Oct 2018, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

subcritical71

TAG wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 17:05
subcritical71 wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 16:20
I have to say, it’s a quarter past 10am my time and I still don’t have my F1 qualifying fix! I love that F1 has come back to America but I don’t enjoy waiting for a normal (sensible) starting time of activities. :wink: Bring on P3 already! :mrgreen:
On the other hand, a burger and a margarita for qualifying beast the hell out of a muffin and coffee.
You assume a greater moral character than I think I deserve on this point! :D

subcritical71

Race Director Note regarding SC1/SC2
In order to ensure that cars are not driven unnecessarily slowly on in laps during and after the end of qualifying or during reconnaissance laps when the pit exit is opened for the race, drivers must stay below 1m59s between the Safety Car lines shown on the pit lane map.
Last edited by subcritical71 on 20 Oct 2018, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

Came home from work when I heard of this penalty. My oh my the Kettel has cracked this year!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

Unc1eM0nty

Juzh wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 14:48
dans79 wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 14:43
Juzh wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 14:28
Just gonna leave this here in regards to the german gp:
The above is the important bit Lewis and the team straight up said we screwed this up. Vettel on the other hand complains about the rules and refuses to take any responsibility!
This was one of the most moronic eplanations ever given by the fia, simply because in most cases a mistake is indeed made due to some sort of confusion.
I have to agree, at the time the FIA didn't want to interfere with the drivers championship, they set a president last year when Vettel rammed Hamilton, yes hot got a time penalty but that was a black flag offence if ever I've seen one.

Now the divers title is effectively over so they rightly applied the rules, if the FIA did this all the time they wouldn't get themselves in the $#i£ like this

tranquility2k4

There's a reason Alonso has made no plans officially for next year yet, he's going to Ferrari. Vettel will announce retirement at the last race and go to spend more time with his family.

tranquility2k4

Ferrari should have tempted Rosberg out of retirement, he's clearly better than Vettel.

tranquility2k4

The final thing to say is the reason Vettel has lost it is because he doesn't visualise the lap before qualifying in Q3 like he used to. The live feed always used to focus on him with his eyes closed and you knew he was driving round that lap on the way to pole and then he went out there and did it. Everyone knew if he did that then it was game over. I don't see him doing it anymore :)

MtthsMlw

tranquility2k4 wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 17:36
The final thing to say is the reason Vettel has lost it is because he doesn't visualise the lap before qualifying in Q3 like he used to. The live feed always used to focus on him with his eyes closed and you knew he was driving round that lap on the way to pole and then he went out there and did it. Everyone knew if he did that then it was game over. I don't see him doing it anymore :)
Well since Monza the Ferrari was no where near the Merc on one lap pace

Sevach

MtthsMlw wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 17:51
tranquility2k4 wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 17:36
Well since Monza the Ferrari was no where near the Merc on one lap pace
I still want to understand this technical turnaround.
Specially in terms of traction, Mercedes has been somewhat weak in traction for 2 years, now they are killing the competition in it.

search

Mercedes has improved for sure, but the way it looked to me was, that Ferrari was going into the completely wrong direction with the update introduced in Singapore - on from the Saturday in Suzuka (when they returned to the old front wing) it looked way more balanced again at least between the two teams.

Now with that understanding and with the updates brought this weekend, (if they work as expected this time) I wouldn't be too surprised if Ferrari is back in the mix today

Phil

Ferrari seems back on form with the recent updates. Gonna be exciting for qualifying. Too bad about vettels grid penalty.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

MtthsMlw

Phil wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 21:01
Ferrari seems back on form with the recent updates. Gonna be exciting for qualifying. Too bad about vettels grid penalty.
Interesting to see them ahead. They're not even using the updates.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare