WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
johnny comelately
johnny comelately
80
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

F1NAC wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:03 pm
Are there any news regarding Ferraris hypercar? There should be already a prototype kicking around?

Found an article from February that says that the new hypercar will debut on track at Fiorano this month.
Not quite on topic but undersung (LMGTE Pro class):

User avatar
Morteza
2297
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
80
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

Le Mans 2022 starts today
Gentleman Brendan Hartley got the well deserved pole (not as critical as Monaco :wink: )
Cadillac and Accura are mooted for next year
What happened to the Peugeot X9something??

User avatar
Blackout
1310
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

As you know, LMDH cars will have a standard hybrid system/KERS, but I wonder if a competitor like Alpine can use a turbo engine with an MGUH like in F1 / use a lemanised version of its F1 engine...
Well I guess that regen throuh the turbo wont be possible, this article 5.3.11 seems to outlaw it, but it's unclear if teams can atleast retain the motor function of the MGUH and propel the turbo with it...
Image

Image

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
80
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

Blackout wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:59 pm
As you know, LMDH cars will have a standard hybrid system/KERS, but I wonder if a competitor like Alpine can use a turbo engine with an MGUH like in F1 / use a lemanised version of its F1 engine...
Well I guess that regen throuh the turbo wont be possible, this article 5.3.11 seems to outlaw it, but it's unclear if teams can atleast retain the motor function of the MGUH and propel the turbo with it...
https://cdn-ddcfa.nitrocdn.com/JQYfXJOB ... hybrid.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WdOh2fd.jpg
100 points for use of the word "Lemanised" =D>

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
80
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

#8 wins with gentleman Brendan Hartley at the wheel.
Ironically the sister/brother car #7 had time out with an electrical motor problem but both ICE's performed perfectly for 48 hours.

User avatar
F1NAC
143
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:35 pm
Location: CRO

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

johnny comelately wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:15 am
Le Mans 2022 starts today
Gentleman Brendan Hartley got the well deserved pole (not as critical as Monaco :wink: )
Cadillac and Accura are mooted for next year
What happened to the Peugeot X9something??
Postoponed for Monza this year. They needed more time to work on the design before locking it for homologation.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
80
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

F1NAC wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:35 am
johnny comelately wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:15 am
Le Mans 2022 starts today
Gentleman Brendan Hartley got the well deserved pole (not as critical as Monaco :wink: )
Cadillac and Accura are mooted for next year
What happened to the Peugeot X9something??
Postoponed for Monza this year. They needed more time to work on the design before locking it for homologation.
Thank you

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
80
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

F1NAC wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:35 am
johnny comelately wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:15 am
Le Mans 2022 starts today
Gentleman Brendan Hartley got the well deserved pole (not as critical as Monaco :wink: )
Cadillac and Accura are mooted for next year
What happened to the Peugeot X9something??
Postoponed for Monza this year. They needed more time to work on the design before locking it for homologation.
Coincidentally this just came out today from B Sports
Still rear wingless

Image

User avatar
aleks_ader
84
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:40 am

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

But there are cheeky fender wings and huge gurney. :D Just slap RW on it guys dont be shy. :D
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Santozini
Santozini
5
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:47 am

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

They're back! Good to see them in the top class


NL_Fer
NL_Fer
80
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:48 am

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

Blackout wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:59 pm
As you know, LMDH cars will have a standard hybrid system/KERS, but I wonder if a competitor like Alpine can use a turbo engine with an MGUH like in F1 / use a lemanised version of its F1 engine...
Well I guess that regen throuh the turbo wont be possible, this article 5.3.11 seems to outlaw it, but it's unclear if teams can atleast retain the motor function of the MGUH and propel the turbo with it...
https://cdn-ddcfa.nitrocdn.com/JQYfXJOB ... hybrid.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WdOh2fd.jpg
I doubt it is worth the extra weight, equipment and possible unreliability. When endurance racing, drivers are often very gentle on corner exit, so save the tires and minimize wear and stress of the car. So how much would they benefit from mgu antilag?

Shure they want to go full beans during qually, but then they could use conventional antilag, since fuel saving is not needed.

I doubt it would even be allowed, because even for just antilag, the system still needs to store power and that would be seen as a extra power source.

f1316
f1316
70
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

Some still shots of the Ferrari car:

Image
Image
Image

I don’t really know what to look for on these cars so interested if anyone has any observations about the design.

User avatar
Holm86
232
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post

f1316 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:47 am
Some still shots of the Ferrari car:

https://johndagys-wpengine.netdna-ssl. ... er_hi.jpeg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/ima ... g&usqp=CAU
https://ferrari-cdn.thron.com/delivery ... 12&dpr=263

I don’t really know what to look for on these cars so interested if anyone has any observations about the design.
The endplates and shark fin are absolutely huge, I would like to know why they went for that design

Sevach
Sevach
927
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: WEC 2020 Tech Regulations - Hypercar Regulations

Post



The Cadillac.
Good looking car.