2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
gandharva

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

aral wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 21:47
Isnt that the STR of 2018?
It's a RB9 with current livery.

lio007

gandharva wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 22:05
aral wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 21:47
Isnt that the STR of 2018?
It's a RB9 with current livery.
Nope, I think it's the RB8. Take a look at the step in the nose!
Wonder if there is still a Renault-V8 in the back ;-)

gandharva

Yes, RB8. At 4:55 you can see the characteristic nose.

Sieper

A few seconds later there is an RBR of the V8 era on the Exhibition floor indeed carrying the Honda logo, as well as last years RBR colours (or 2017/2016 for that matter). Seems indeed the first time. Allowed as per 1-1 it is now the 2019 season?

aral

No, just before the RB whichever, there is a shot of the STR (notice the silver bulls on the engine cover) with the "powered by Honda" stickers. The RB has the Aston Martin badging and AFAIK, their logos will NOT be on the 2019 car. There is only a very short clip of it, and i took it that it was that clip that was being referenced.

HPD

Hino wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 20:49
First glimpse of Honda branding on RB machinery. At around 4 mins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wheRP5Twrk

The logo of Honda and Aston Martin on the same nose. :-s

Wouter

HPD wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 13:07
Hino wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 20:49
First glimpse of Honda branding on RB machinery. At around 4 mins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wheRP5Twrk
http://i63.tinypic.com/2whl2f5.png

The logo of Honda and Aston Martin on the same nose. :-s
Honda and Aston Martin agreed to that. They had no problems with it.
The Power of Dreams!

Manoah2u

never noticed how awkward that nosecone is looking. dunno if it's the angle or some distortion, but darn, does that nose look ugly like that.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bblundell72

Manoah2u wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 21:31
never noticed how awkward that nosecone is looking. dunno if it's the angle or some distortion, but darn, does that nose look ugly like that.
RB8 (and almost all the 2012 cars) had awful nosecones. Teams were still mounting the nose as high as possible for aero but to meet the FIA regulation of lower nose height for safety concerns we got the fugly stepped noses.

Hino

Another example. Image

etusch

I expect a bit more difference on livery side.

Manoah2u

bblundell72 wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 21:47
Manoah2u wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 21:31
RB8 (and almost all the 2012 cars) had awful nosecones. Teams were still mounting the nose as high as possible for aero but to meet the FIA regulation of lower nose height for safety concerns we got the fugly stepped noses.

https://www.conceptcarz.com/images/Red% ... 54-800.jpg
i know about the stepped noses, i just never ever saw it from that angle. the photo you posted looks a whole lot less bad than the one higher above. again, perhaps it's just the angle though. to me, the picture all up above, looks almost like the stepped nose ins't just stepped, but almost like it has a bit spherical shape, not just rounding downwards to the tip of the nose, but also to the wheels. something i didn't recall, and thus perhaps my mistake, or again, the picture is playing tricks.

never was a fan of the stepped noses never will.
etusch wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 06:43
not so sure, on a level i too expect something a tad more different but then again,
RB is still the main sponsor, Aston Martin still will be present, so on that area really not much will change,
'only' renault(tagheuer) is now Honda, so it probably won't be such a spectacular livery change.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

etusch

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 08:02

etusch wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 06:43
not so sure, on a level i too expect something a tad more different but then again,
RB is still the main sponsor, Aston Martin still will be present, so on that area really not much will change,
'only' renault(tagheuer) is now Honda, so it probably won't be such a spectacular livery change.
I don't expect big change but bigger change compared the pictures above. At the end Honda and Renault is not same for Redbull. They are works team now

Sieper

Honda always said both STR and RBR are equal. as Honda for now has now intention to rejoin as a racing team we might consider them both works(or both customer) teams but It might be no more of a logo as on last years STR. So possibly the red stripe leading towards the Honda logo might get equal in thickness to the Honda branding letters but likely the livery will remain much the same I expect. This clean red/yellow and darkblue graphic style is already in use for 2 seasons straight (although in the beginning the race numbers were slightly cluttered) these now match the graphic style as well. Not a very long wait anymore though!

Godius

Sieper wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 15:16
Honda always said both STR and RBR are equal. as Honda for now has now intention to rejoin as a racing team we might consider them both works(or both customer) teams but It might be no more of a logo as on last years STR. So possibly the red stripe leading towards the Honda logo might get equal in thickness to the Honda branding letters but likely the livery will remain much the same I expect. This clean red/yellow and darkblue graphic style is already in use for 2 seasons straight (although in the beginning the race numbers were slightly cluttered) these now match the graphic style as well. Not a very long wait anymore though!
I agree, I also expect that the red ribbon will be more similar to the one STR is sporting. But the livery can be altered otherwise too. With the bargeboards being moved and shrunk for 2019 there will also be more attractive advertisement space available on either side of the cockpit, but maybe they will position the Rauch logo toward those places.