2019 Sport Pesa Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2019 Sport Pesa Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Big Tea wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 15:15
I think this year will be just getting back on their feet after a bad year. Aiming too high not only overstretches the resources they have but can dishearten and cause internal rifts due to 'I told you so ' disagreements.

Steady steps with solid footing each time is the way to go.
I fully agree. Also Racing Point is not the only team who's budget might* increase. Alfa Romeo Sauber is also making progress through increased budget from the Alfa Romeo deal as well as closer collaboration with Ferrari. Renault and Mclaren are naturally on a higher budget, so its not like they are easy prey either.

*depending on the outsome regarding FOM prize money, and the extent to which the Stroll-lead consortium wants to invest.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

GrandAxe

Wow! The exact sort of prioritising needed to maintain a solid back marker spot!

roon

They can comfortably secure a solid 9th or 10th in the constructors.

Godius

I wonder with what kind of chassis they will show up in Melbourne. They’ve talked about it briefly in Barcelona where they brought a hybrid 18’/19’ chassis. If it would be a proper 19’ spec car in Australia, I would be impressed but I reckon that it will be postponed till the start of the European season. Probably depends on how much money Stroll is willing to spend.
Last edited by Godius on 12 Mar 2019, 22:50, edited 2 times in total.

ME4ME

I expect just a bodywork upgrade, no new structural members and certainly not a new tub. Tighter bodywork, revised sidepods, bargeboards and front wing are the main areas for change, imo.

marmer

If I was them I wouldn't rush to much they know they are faster than Williams and have decent reliability.
I don't see what they could bring that would 100% get them infront of Renault
Even if car is not up to snuff they have at least the 2nd best engine on the grid so won't be far from the points. A few failures and they will be in them. Why rush parts get it right long term it's how they have done so well over the years don't change what works just because you have money

Peter1919

I am expecting Racing Point to fall down the pecking order a bit this year as their money issues last year is likely to have affected development of this year's car and I am expecting Renault and McLaren to improve this season plus Haas and Alpha both look strong.

sprint car76

Hate to disagree but i think racing point will be battling with the front of the mid pack like usual. They didn't get dumber over the winter and even though they didn't bring out their real car during winter testing andy green is one of the best designers in the business and i'm sure had a good reason to delay the car until australia. They are starting to build new facilities but i don't think that will impack this years car.

PhillipM

Last years turmoil impacted this years car, I don't think anyone is expecting them to be anywhere but the rear of the midfield pack

sprint car76

I don't know who anyone is but i guess we're going to see pretty quick here.

SmallSoldier

sprint car76 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 05:00
Hate to disagree but i think racing point will be battling with the front of the mid pack like usual. They didn't get dumber over the winter and even though they didn't bring out their real car during winter testing andy green is one of the best designers in the business and i'm sure had a good reason to delay the car until australia. They are starting to build new facilities but i don't think that will impack this years car.
I don’t think it’s a matter of the team been dumb or not, the reality is that with the change in regulations it could even be a matter of who got it right and wrong with their aero philosophy compared to the rest.

I believe that Force India has also benefited from a combination of factors that not necessarily are due to their capabilities, such as having what was arguably the best engine in the grid in previous years (Mercedes), having teams expected to be in front of them going through big issues (Mclaren and Williams) and others that were in restructuring mode (Renault).

Last season you had Haas showing how a decent chassis with a good PU could do... This year with Renault and Honda closing the gap in the power of their engines and teams such as Mclaren and Renault clearly progressing compared to previous year, it could put FI closer to the back of the grid than to the front (that’s not considering that Haas is expected to also be fighting for that 4th position and STR could also make a jump if the Honda PU is reliable).

sprint car76

Much revised car from testing. Should be interesting to see how quickly they can get up to speed with their lack of testing with this aero.

GPR-A

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... s-ferrari/

Does the upgrade work at Racing Point?
On paper, the large aerodynamics package at Racing Point RP19 should bring seven to eight tenths. Most of it arrived. "The rest is fine-tuning," says team boss Otmar Szafnauer. The jump brings the second slowest team of the test drives directly into midfield. But that's not all: "In Bahrain, Shanghai and Baku we have small upgrades planned, in Barcelona once again a big one," promises Andy Green.

Racer X

"Cheko Perez stroll is faster then you. Do you understand"___ Racing Point Pitwall'.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ