2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
digitalrurouni

Re: 2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

We forgot the story of Lorenzo already? And of Rossi when he went to Ducati?

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 19:15
digitalrurouni wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 15:37
Andres125sx wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 20:41

It would be more embarrasing if Marc or Alex poo in the middle of the track :wtf:

Hey if we´re talking about hypothetic absurd scenarios I like this one better :mrgreen: :lol:
Sounds like someone has high hopes for Alex Marquez. Time will tell. Wait just to clarify are you saying that Alex will be faster than Marc or just that he will be riding better than Cal and Nakajima?
Actually not, I don´t have any special hope about Alex. But considering current Moto2 champion with current MotoGP team and manufacturer champions will be slower than any other Honda rider is a bit absurd if you ask me
Alex wont do well in MotoGP. The Honda is a hard bike to ride. Plus Alex is just the best of a bad bunch, like the F2 this year. A load of weaker competitors. Alex's rivals were mainly Luthi (a no hoper) Binder (KTM like RedBull, finish the year strong every year but are weak at the start. No podiums in first 7 races and lost the titke by 3pts). When you look at the riders who have gone through Moto2 while Alex was there, and not including his rookie year AND in the best team!! Zarco, Mir, Oliveira, Bagnaia, Morbidelli, Quatararo, Folger, Nakagami, Folger, Rins, Cortese have all gone through and show hold Alex couldn't beat any strong competitors.

If the Honda is no easier to ride next year, what are the chance of Alex scoring a top 5 result at any race next year ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

JefryJ

digitalrurouni wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 07:10
They were my favorites. Best of the best!

FrukostScones

JefryJ wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 10:34
digitalrurouni wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 07:10
They were my favorites. Best of the best!
that was Stoner ; )
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 10:37
Andres125sx wrote:
digitalrurouni wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 15:37

Sounds like someone has high hopes for Alex Marquez. Time will tell. Wait just to clarify are you saying that Alex will be faster than Marc or just that he will be riding better than Cal and Nakajima?
Actually not, I don´t have any special hope about Alex. But considering current Moto2 champion with current MotoGP team and manufacturer champions will be slower than any other Honda rider is a bit absurd if you ask me
Alex wont do well in MotoGP. The Honda is a hard bike to ride. Plus Alex is just the best of a bad bunch, like the F2 this year. A load of weaker competitors. Alex's rivals were mainly Luthi (a no hoper) Binder (KTM like RedBull, finish the year strong every year but are weak at the start. No podiums in first 7 races and lost the titke by 3pts). When you look at the riders who have gone through Moto2 while Alex was there, and not including his rookie year AND in the best team!! Zarco, Mir, Oliveira, Bagnaia, Morbidelli, Quatararo, Folger, Nakagami, Folger, Rins, Cortese have all gone through and show hold Alex couldn't beat any strong competitors.

If the Honda is no easier to ride next year, what are the chance of Alex scoring a top 5 result at any race next year ?
No idea why this 2019 thread came alive again, but after Alex´s 2nd position I just have to quote it :mrgreen:

Sorry Nathan :oops:

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 20:04
NathanOlder wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

No idea why this 2019 thread came alive again, but after Alex´s 2nd position I just have to quote it :mrgreen:

:lol:

Was a freak result though, conditions ect. Fact remains, Alex Marquez is absolute trash in MotoGP. At least Honda ditched him from the top team already, although I don't rate Pol much better. Not sure what Honda should do though, other than pray Marc comes back the same person.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 00:02
Andres125sx wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Was a freak result though, conditions ect. Fact remains, Alex Marquez is absolute trash in MotoGP. At least Honda ditched him from the top team already, although I don't rate Pol much better. Not sure what Honda should do though, other than pray Marc comes back the same person.
Problem is not Alex tough, some riders have tried that HRC and all of them got very poor results. Look at Bradl. Or even the satellite riders, neither of them getting into top 10 frequently.

Pointing fingers to Alex IMHO is a huge mistake, Honda is a poor bike only Marc manage to make it work. And now Alex.

Who was last rider to take a podium with HRC without considering Marc? How long ago?

edit: probably it was Pedrosa, who now in hindsight doesn´t look as bad as in the day. Actually he was the only one to do something relevant with HRC maybe in a decade apart from Marc

rscsr

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 07:59
NathanOlder wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 00:02
Andres125sx wrote:

Problem is not Alex tough, some riders have tried that HRC and all of them got very poor results. Look at Bradl. Or even the satellite riders, neither of them getting into top 10 frequently.

Pointing fingers to Alex IMHO is a huge mistake, Honda is a poor bike only Marc manage to make it work. And now Alex.

Who was last rider to take a podium with HRC without considering Marc? How long ago?

edit: probably it was Pedrosa, who now in hindsight doesn´t look as bad as in the day. Actually he was the only one to do something relevant with HRC maybe in a decade apart from Marc
Crutchlow won 0 races (+3 podium) in 2019
Crutchlow won a race in 2018 (+2 podium)
yep Dani Pedrosa won 2 races (+7 podium) in 2017 and Crutchlow had 1 podium (+1 podium)
Cal Crutchlow (+2 podium) and Jack Miller won 1 race each on a customer bike in 2016 and Pedrosa on the Repsol bike (+2 podium)
Dani Pedrosa won 2 races (+4 podium) in 2015 and Scott Redding was on the podium once
Dani Pedrosa won 1 race (+9 podium) in 2014 and Bautista was on the podium once

so to summarise not a whole lot has changed. Especially when you consider that only Pedrosa was good on the 2nd Repsol Honda and they had more bikes until 2018:
2019: 3 podiums
2018: 3 podiums
2017: 11 podiums
2016: 7 podiums
2015: 7 podiums
2014: 11 podiums

so all in all not a whole lot of good results except for Marquez.

Andres125sx

Exactly, can't blame Alex when that bike wasn't on the podium since 2017. Now if you take into account he's a rookie...

Not saying he's doing great, but when you analyse what was previous performance of that bike from riders with a lot of experience, now a podium from a rookie is remarkable I think

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 09:18
Exactly, can't blame Alex when that bike wasn't on the podium since 2017. Now if you take into account he's a rookie...

Not saying he's doing great, but when you analyse what was previous performance of that bike from riders with a lot of experience, now a podium from a rookie is remarkable I think
But the bike has been on the podium , as Crutchlow has shown. The Honda he had has been on the podium every season before this one. He was won multiple races. As my original post you quoted says, the Honda is difficult to ride. Alex did well to bring home a podium last weekend, but if it was dry, he would never have got there. Crutchlow has been out injured, and riding not fully fit. Marc has missed all season, Taka is currently blowing away Alex in the points and Bradl doesnt have a full time ride for a reason.

As for the rookie remark, take in to account Brad is a rookie..... Alex is by far the worse full time factory rider on the grid.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Andres125sx

Ok, let's agree to disagree :wink:

rscsr

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 11:08
Andres125sx wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 09:18

But the bike has been on the podium , as Crutchlow has shown. The Honda he had has been on the podium every season before this one. He was won multiple races. As my original post you quoted says, the Honda is difficult to ride. Alex did well to bring home a podium last weekend, but if it was dry, he would never have got there. Crutchlow has been out injured, and riding not fully fit. Marc has missed all season, Taka is currently blowing away Alex in the points and Bradl doesnt have a full time ride for a reason.

As for the rookie remark, take in to account Brad is a rookie..... Alex is by far the worse full time factory rider on the grid.
I kinda agree. Alex Marquez would've never been near the podium in the dry. But I think he does a good job to stay on the bike most of the time. And the wet weather performance he showed was really good. But I don't think he is worse than Iker Lecuona.
In the end of the day I do think that we can't say too much right now. Most show only in their second year what they are actually capable of.

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 11:56
Well Alex better make the podium a regular thing now with the way you are backing him, otherwise I'll be back :P 8)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 19:06
Andres125sx wrote:
Well Alex better make the podium a regular thing now with the way you are backing him, otherwise I'll be back :P 8)
How many rookies make the podium a regular thing apart from monsters like his brother? If that´s what you will demand him, then you will surely be back, but that does not mean Alex is underperforming :P

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 19:16
NathanOlder wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 19:06
Andres125sx wrote:
How many rookies make the podium a regular thing apart from monsters like his brother? If that´s what you will demand him, then you will surely be back, but that does not mean Alex is underperforming :P
No way do i demand that of him. I just know he hasn't the talent to become a top rider. He will be no better than a Bradley Smith.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.