CFD - PERRINN F1 Car (w/ spec mods)

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
MKRaven

Re: CFD - PERRINN F1 Car (w/ spec mods)

Hi all,

Some question to creators of this topic, who did some magnificent job:
I am doing quite the same, meaning trying to run a CFD for PERRINN model for my MSc. Even got approval to use some dedicated workstation at work for this process.

Yet, I am having trouble simplifying geometry. Especially sidepods and curvature around side intakes is causing a lot of trouble, even when I trie to merge it all. SpaceClaim and Fluent + Inventor in use and can't figure aut how to go around it, besides redrawing whole model.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

jjn9128

MKRaven wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 22:02
Hi all,

Some question to creators of this topic, who did some magnificent job:
I am doing quite the same, meaning trying to run a CFD for PERRINN model for my MSc. Even got approval to use some dedicated workstation at work for this process.

Yet, I am having trouble simplifying geometry. Especially sidepods and curvature around side intakes is causing a lot of trouble, even when I trie to merge it all. SpaceClaim and Fluent + Inventor in use and can't figure aut how to go around it, besides redrawing whole model.
We also had a lot of issues cleaning the car up for CFD. It just takes time to get to a useable state.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Andi76

Thats some wonderfull work done here! Thank you guys very much! I wish there would be something like that available about the era of 1996-2006, as i am working on a book about this era!

jjn9128

Andi76 wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 14:14
Thats some wonderfull work done here! Thank you guys very much! I wish there would be something like that available about the era of 1996-2006, as i am working on a book about this era!
me too :lol:
(not the book - the wishing for old car cad)
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica