2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Restomaniac

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

roon wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 17:05
NathanOlder wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 11:55
carisi2k wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 11:34
I would also argue that many people seem to have forgotten how slippery the circuit was and certainly the grass wouldn't have provided any grip to allow seb to position his car in a safe manner. Seb was probably lucky he didn't go in to the wall.
Seb was lucky he didn't go in to the wall so Lewis had to suffer for it??
Gaining 1.7 s on a competitor isn't suffering.

ringo wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 04:13
Had vettel floored the gas and crashed into hamilton and sending both into the wall and Hamilton car got on fire and there was serious injury etc. etc. people will realize why the rules are how they are.
Yes, yes, and let's not forget the wall might have transferred impact energy to ground, triggering earthquake, chasm opening beneath grandstands and absorbing Canadians. The ground hogs could have been part of extremist group and equipped with explosives, Vettel's driving over their grass could have angered them and then kaboom no more F1 drivers. All the old F1 drivers would have died from grief of losing Vettel, and the rest of the people of earth would have died of losing Hammy. Basically the world could have ended, its a good thin Hamilton hit thd brakes, he avoided catastropje for 7 b people. National hero a saint makes him winer this year in my book regardless of having best car again
Sigh.

Restomaniac

aral wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 21:23
Children children....behave ! There is no need for all this personal aggro
This is true but when 1 poster is either on a massive wind up or.........well I don’t want to contemplate the other option!!

LM10

As a Ferrari fan, I’ve really enjoyed reading roon’s posts! :lol:

izzy

I' ve just watched Kmag pointing out that Ferrari would've been pretty upset with Seb if he'd let Lewis through! Great point i thought, says it all really, both sides of the argument in one neat package

Just_a_fan

LM10 wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 21:43
He's playing Devil's Advocate and having some fun, I think. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

roon wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 21:01
Alternatively, they might actually have a case. *prepares for capitalized letters, emoticons, redundant punctuation, curses, and ad hominem*
Tsk! That should be ad hominem as it's a Latin insertion... :wink:

TAG

Just_a_fan wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 22:35
LM10 wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 21:43
He's playing Devil's Advocate and having some fun, I think. :lol:
It's a mask that serves to hide the pain. :wink:
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Dazed1

We are at 93 pages folks, don't slow down now, France is almost here! :)

roon

Keeping it floored despite competitors veering off course ahead of me. Vroom. Speaking of Latin insertions, those Toro Rosso parts that landed in Grosjean's car: something halo naysayers warned about?

NathanOlder

roon wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 23:15
Keeping it floored despite competitors veering off course ahead of me. Vroom. Speaking of Latin insertions, those Toro Rosso parts that landed in Grosjean's car: something halo naysayers warned about?
Nothing can land in the car. The halo will block 100% everything. Or thats what someone once said. Very good point though
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

cooken

The trolling could hardly be more blatant.

roon

I admit I jumped into this corner of the forum like a Ferrari with both of its front wheels locked. As a result, one of the stewards has put a point on my superlicense. Question is... Should I appeal?

Phil

If i am to make a guess and judging from Vettels interview on the paddock pass video - IMO Ferrari are playing on the angle of the media backlash and hoping that the review gives the stewards an opportunity to reconsider. I am also guessing that they will try to supply ‘evidence’ that Vettel was out of control, battling oversteer rather than purposely crowding/blocking Hamilton.

I think the biggest angle though is going to be “do you feel remorse? Look at how many ex drivers and fans are shocked at the penalty YOU imposed!”

It’s going to be fascinating what will come of this. Personally, i dont think much. I’m quite confident the review will not be granted, Ferrari will have tried and we’ll move on and this topic will die.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

carisi2k

NathanOlder wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 11:55
carisi2k wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 11:34
I would also argue that many people seem to have forgotten how slippery the circuit was and certainly the grass wouldn't have provided any grip to allow seb to position his car in a safe manner. Seb was probably lucky he didn't go in to the wall.
Seb was lucky he didn't go in to the wall so Lewis had to suffer for it??

Seb was also lucky to finish 2nd then??
I will agree that seb was lucky to finish second.

Seb however was having a moment and trying to recover his vehicle and lewis put himself in to that position. If someone is having an accident or a moment in front of you what do you normally do on the road. Lewis could have slowed a touch and waited for seb to end up where he did and then take the inside to go past without needing a penalty. Instead he put himself right where seb would be recovering or having an accident.

I would also then ask why a similar penalty wasn't given to Lewis at Monaco. If anything Lewis cutting of the corner at monaco was much more aggregious then Sebs at Canada. Max was attempting an overtaking manuevre and was at least part way up the side of Max and lewis admitted he turned in early to make it difficult for him.

I am coming at this from a completly unbiased direction because I dislike Seb, Lewis and Max all equally. It doesn't bother me which one wins if Danny R isn't winning.

Just_a_fan

NathanOlder wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 23:37
roon wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 23:15
Nothing can land in the car. The halo will block 100% everything. Or thats what someone once said. Very good point though
Er, the debris hit the halo and stayed outside the cockpit. Here is video of just that happening and him reaching through the gap to push the debris away so he could see to rejoin.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... LxnRC.html

So, another case of halo 1: naysayers 0. :lol: