[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

It is four or five cars within 0.5s. Quite cool finish of the season...

maunde

LVDH wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 22:03
Who needs 2021 regulations... :lol: (just kidding, I'm excited for 2021)
A kiwi looking to fly like McLaren.

wb92

LVDH wrote:
bwoah, I really hope my car is somewhere there. from my calcs during development it was still 0.5s missing to top3, however taking the point that TeamRacing is absent and idadox has a penalty, that means 5th place seems to be quite secured (?) looking forward for final results :)
maunde wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 23:06
Who needs 2021 regulations... :lol: (just kidding, I'm excited for 2021)
hmmm... I need :P
MVRC - WBRacing

CAEdevice

Waiting for the race, here is something like a blueprint:

I would release the complete 3D model. How many of you can open and manage a step? I hope you are not all using Sketchup ;)

maunde

CAEdevice wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 23:34
Waiting for the race, here is something like a blueprint:

https://www.caedevice.net/wp-content/up ... design.jpg

I would release the complete 3D model. How many of you can open and manage a step? I hope you are not all using Sketchup ;)
I can open ;) what CAD software are you using for modelling?

Koldskaal

LVDH wrote:
👀 So you are telling me there is still a chance at the championship? :D
CAEdevice wrote:

I think most real CAD programs should handle step just fine.

looking through the submissions i assume Ether Sim Sport is @yinlad. As you mentioned using the CCE car as a base. The scrutineering report says ESS is running "solid laps", perhaps us one person teams need to step up our game next season :D
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

maunde

Koldskaal wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 08:47
LVDH wrote:
CAEdevice wrote:

looking through the submissions i assume Ether Sim Sport is @yinlad. As you mentioned using the CCE car as a base. The scrutineering report says ESS is running "solid laps", perhaps us one person teams need to step up our game next season :D
What is the CCE car?

machin

The CCE car is my car -“Competition Car Engineering”. It’s a basic car that I made freely available to download from the beginning of the championship which people can use as a starting point... (although I also submit my car for the races it doesn’t score championship points for obvious reasons). The wings and diffuser are pretty bad and the first versions didn’t make full power... so people using it still have to put in a lot of effort to make it competitive...

More info and download links here;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28435
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

yinlad

Koldskaal wrote:
LVDH wrote:
CAEdevice wrote:

Yeah that's me! Well, it's actually me and one other person. He recently started a degree in motorsport engineering and I work as a software engineer at an F1 team, so we're somewhat knowledgeable, but both new to CAD. We're hoping to be in a good position to put out a solid offering next season :twisted:
MVRC - Panthera

LVDH

Koldskaal wrote:
LVDH wrote:
CAEdevice wrote:

Maybe, the thing is JJR stepped up his game and he is among that pack at the top.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 13:35
Koldskaal wrote:
LVDH wrote:
CAEdevice wrote:

Maybe, the thing is JJR stepped up his game and he is among that pack at the top.
A victory of JJR would make me happy twice
Last edited by CAEdevice on 01 Dec 2019, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

machin

The race is now live:

COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

wb92

The race results are pretty tight on top.
For me 'job done', with solid 2nd part of the season, knowing how much problems and struggles I had at the beginning to bring the car to where it is now. Plenty of lessons learned for future.

Congratulations for CAEdevice and Koldskaal for thrilling fight for championship, in the end they both got titles. You 'got in there mates' :)
Also impressed by development jump made by Variante, as he started with similar position to mine - great job.
Worth to notice OKRacing for great start of the season, wonder how it would be if he could keep the development up, and as well JJR for being a black horse of this race :)

Looking forward for what will happen for next year and what creative solutions it will bring.
MVRC - WBRacing

CAEdevice

What a race! I jave just noticed that Koldskaal efficiency was above 2.00, it means he worked on the car very well between race 4 and Race 5. He has been a strong opponent, considering it was his first season. Christian and Jacopo have almost beaten the old champion... but it looks I am not yet old enough.

I will release all the data and the whole car in the next days, and I have a funny surprise for you all to avoid you get bored during the long winter.

Thanks to André and Richard for their fantastic (and hard) job.

LVDH

That was an excellent season. It started late but I think it went over quite well. Many thanks esp. to Richard.
Huge congratulations to CAEdevice and Team Koldskaal. Both did an outstanding job.
Matteo (CAEdevice) is not an aerodynamics engineer and pretty much figured out what he know with MVRC. This was the switch from Le Mans style cars to the F1 cars and he was on top right from the beginning showing he had a good feeling of how to start and then when the other teams caught up he was able to put his car right on top again for the final race, resulting in a well deserved championship.
Christian from Team Koldskaal also showed amazing work. Starting the first races a bit behind the podium, as it is normal for a newcomer, he figured out how to climb up there and even secured a victory.
Both did not make any mistakes like loosing engine power because of messed up cooling (or measuring it incorrectly like a certain Italian team managed), or collecting unnecessary penalties. I hope this sets an example to the other teams.

Not only CAEdevice plans surprises but Richard and I also have some ideas about what is to come. The next decade of MVRC should be really good. Make sure to already tell your friends and colleagues about our championship.

Full race results here:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/results-yas-marina-2019/