Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

He is driving in a series I think? I thought I read something about him in an “IMSA” seties? I think. Sorry im not too good with the series outside of the F1 ladder
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Manoah2u

btw, as for the haters that 'demand' sources because they can't be bothered to look it up themselves:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formu ... media.html

interesting article here,
and i know very well the daily mail can be concidered 'tabloid material', there are some interesting things to concider.

for example
The controversy has left the team's brand and sponsors concerned about their reputation by associating themselves with the 21-year-old, who is set to race alongside Mick Schumacher next season.

Despite Haas deciding the stick by their driver, Mazepin has now removed 'F1 driver' from his bio on social media and replaced with 'Racing Driver', adding fuel to the rumours that he may have lost his seat.

Meanwhile, Piettro Fittipaldi could be set to replace him in the team as he had added the Haas' credentials to his online profiles.

Mazepin has removed 'F1 driver' from his bio on social media and replaced with 'Racing Driver'

Piettro Fittipaldi could be set to replace him in the team as he had added the team's credentials
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

aMessageToCharlie

Manoah2u wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 03:45
btw, as for the haters that 'demand' sources because they can't be bothered to look it up themselves:

and i know very well the daily mail can be concidered 'tabloid material', there are some interesting things to concider.

for example
The controversy has left the team's brand and sponsors concerned about their reputation by associating themselves with the 21-year-old, who is set to race alongside Mick Schumacher next season.

Despite Haas deciding the stick by their driver, Mazepin has now removed 'F1 driver' from his bio on social media and replaced with 'Racing Driver', adding fuel to the rumours that he may have lost his seat.

Meanwhile, Piettro Fittipaldi could be set to replace him in the team as he had added the Haas' credentials to his online profiles.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/12/21 ... 750980.jpg

Mazepin has removed 'F1 driver' from his bio on social media and replaced with 'Racing Driver'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/12/21 ... 828054.jpg

Piettro Fittipaldi could be set to replace him in the team as he had added the team's credentials
People just ask for sources when you claim speculation as official. Lol @ calling them haters for that.

DChemTech

Manoah2u wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 03:45

for example

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/12/21 ... 750980.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/12/21 ... 828054.jpg

Dude, why are you making such a problem out of this? You claimed something was 'official' while the official statement was not yet out, and people rightfully called you out for that. That's that, move on.

As long as you do not claim [at this time] that "it's official! Fittipaldi to HAAS!" or so, nobody will have a problem with you posting on that. It's speculation, and that's what this thread is for. And, yes, it's quite an interesting development to speculate about, too.

As for delivering source material; well, it's good practice that if you make a claim, you back it up. That's the burden of proof. You don't just go around making claims without substance, and then require the other party to find the proof themselves if they don't believe you. Now, in this case the news has been reported in many sources so most people won't ask for a source; it's quite likely they read it somewhere already. But yes, if one makes a claim that "X officially signed at team Y" before it's widely reported, people are going to ask for a source, and rightfully so :)

Schippke

Whilst some might think of it as harsh, I'd have very little sympathy for Mazepin loosing his Haas seat; He knew what he was posting and the title he has (had?) as an F1 driver and the team, sport and sponsors he is meant to be representing. Also, some might still be thinking of the Rich Energy deal that Haas was involved in, so taking that into consideration... they might be looking to create as little hassle as possible, especially after that controversy. Had it been any other driver on the grid, like Hamilton, Verstappen, Ricciardo etc, some of us would be asking for blood I could imagine!

With regards to Piettro Fittipaldi, it would be a nice fit for the team in a number of ways... chief among which is that he's already run a couple of races and has a bit of experience in the car. And whilst he wasn't on Magnuessen's pace from the outset (somewhat to be expected, considering the car he had to deal with), he performed very well and cleanly in his debut for the team.

Also, one might think of the marketing perspective of that line-up; Schumacher and Fittipaldi has a really nice ring to it with its callings back on history... that may also factor into this decision somewhat, if the Mazepin deal is truly out the window.

aMessageToCharlie

I fully agree, it was an absolutely stupid move from Mazepin posting that video. F1 is a billion dollar business with the highest emphasis on marketing. In today's cancel culture, teams and sponsors just cant afford any scandals. And as a professional, making millions in his profession, he should be aware of that.

On the other hand, I really dont understand all the outrage about this particular incident itself and why this even became a scandal in the first place. Anyone who actually saw complete footage, and isnt just parroting tabloit headlines, knows that there was no harm done. The guy is chilling with his girl in the back seat of his friends posche. The girl is promiscuously sucking on her finger with her top pulled down and Mazepin touches her exposed breasts while she's laughing.

And now everybody is calling for blood wanting him fired from his job. People seriously need to calm down.

If anything, I think Mazepin should be banned for the F2 incident, where he hit the 2nd place sign with his car on pupose and almost got Yuki Tsunoda hit by the sign. But nobody seems to care about this.

I think this picture really sais it all.

https://i.imgur.com/E7g3IQs.png

People used to cheer for the F1 playboys, their bravery and attitude. Characters like Senna, Lauda and Hunt wouldnt survive a single season nowadays as people would instantly cry out to have them cancelled.

And again: I couldnt care less about Mazepin. From what I've seen of him, there are more than enough examples of his on-track showings proving he's not cut for F1.

All I'm really saing is that people should practice some of the tolarance they preach and stop calling for everyone to be cancelled and fired from their jobs, just because they dont like how an individual is living their live. Really blows my mind how this seems to be an unpopular opinion in 2020.

Jolle

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 15:02
I fully agree, it was an absolutely stupid move from Mazepin posting that video. F1 is a billion dollar business with the highest emphasis on marketing. In today's cancel culture, teams and sponsors just cant afford any scandals. And as a professional, making millions in his profession, he should be aware of that.

On the other hand, I really dont understand all the outrage about this particular incident itself and why this even became a scandal in the first place. Anyone who actually saw complete footage, and isnt just parroting tabloit headlines, knows that there was no harm done. The guy is chilling with his girl in the back seat of his friends posche. The girl is promiscuously sucking on her finger with her top pulled down and Mazepin touches her exposed breasts while she's laughing.

And now everybody is calling for blood wanting him fired from his job. People seriously need to calm down.

If anything, I think Mazepin should be banned for the F2 incident, where he hit the 2nd place sign with his car on pupose and almost got Yuki Tsunoda hit by the sign. But nobody seems to care about this.

I think this picture really sais it all.

https://i.imgur.com/E7g3IQs.png

People used to cheer for the F1 playboys, their bravery and attitude. Characters like Senna, Lauda and Hunt wouldnt survive a single season nowadays as people would instantly cry out to have them cancelled.

And again: I couldnt care less about Mazepin. From what I've seen of him, there are more than enough examples of his on-track showings proving he's not cut for F1.

All I'm really saing is that people should practice some of the tolarance they preach and stop calling for everyone to be cancelled and fired from their jobs, just because they dont like how an individual is living their live. Really blows my mind how this seems to be an unpopular opinion in 2020.
Just a question. Your name, does that refer to the late Whiting?

Jolle

Oh and if I’m reading you correctly, we should be tolerant for people who grab women like this, make racist remarks and have dangerous on track behaviour?

hUirEYExbN

Jolle wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 17:49
Oh and if I’m reading you correctly, we should be tolerant for people who grab women like this, make racist remarks and have dangerous on track behaviour?
The touch was consensual, she has clarified this. There's nothing wrong with grabbing someone who wants to be grabbed.

Posting the video was dumb and he should be given a bollocking for that.

As for his other antics, they are not what is being discussed here.

Mogster

It’s not just the video incident though is it, there’s a concerning pattern of behaviour.

I felt Mazepin’s assault on Ilott was punished too lightly, only a one race ban iirc. Then there have been the social media posts about other drivers personal lives, his repeatedly dangerous on track actions, his comments to fans, his radio messages. He seems to have received a free pass so far, I don’t see how under the microscope of the F1 circus he’s not going to cause Haas and FOM a massive problem.

Jolle

hUirEYExbN wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 18:16
Jolle wrote:
The touch was consensual, she has clarified this. There's nothing wrong with grabbing someone who wants to be grabbed.

A more recent statement from the woman in question:

In a talk on Instagram with her fans D'Ival was clear when asked what advice she would give to her younger self."Don't let anyone touch you or disrespect you again" and "don't drink too much tequila at a yacht party in Dubai" were two of the things she wrote.The Instagrammer's answer is a clear reference to the video showing Mazepin groping her breasts that was posted on her social media accounts.

Looks like her first reaction was not to go up against a billionaire and his son. Which is quite understandable. Her second is one that more then suggest that it was not ok, and the pushing him away and flipping the bird were not friendly play but a clear "don't you --- touch me"

nzjrs

Jolle wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 19:02
hUirEYExbN wrote:
Jolle wrote:

In a talk on Instagram with her fans D'Ival was clear when asked what advice she would give to her younger self."Don't let anyone touch you or disrespect you again" and "don't drink too much tequila at a yacht party in Dubai" were two of the things she wrote.The Instagrammer's answer is a clear reference to the video showing Mazepin groping her breasts that was posted on her social media accounts.

Looks like her first reaction was not to go up against a billionaire and his son. Which is quite understandable. Her second is one that more then suggest that it was not ok, and the pushing him away and flipping the bird were not friendly play but a clear "don't you --- touch me"
The beauty of the statement is that it is sufficiently vague to allow people to read whatever they want into it. At least people acknowledge that the doctored video was manipulative, so small progress at least.

Anyway, back to unwinnable culture war bollocks.

Jolle

nzjrs wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 19:07
Jolle wrote:
hUirEYExbN wrote:

The beauty of the statement is that it is sufficiently vague to allow people to read whatever they want into it. At least people acknowledge that the doctored video was manipulative, so small progress at least.

He’s a right piece of --- that in this instance, with all his other behaviour doesn’t sit on the right side of “reasonable doubt” or “the story has two sides”.

nzjrs

Jolle wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 19:18
nzjrs wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 19:07
Jolle wrote:

He’s a right piece of --- that in this instance, with all his other behaviour doesn’t sit on the right side of “reasonable doubt” or “the story has two sides”.
Agree with you that he is a royal turd.

But the problem with culture war bollocks is that principled people like me are made to defend assholes like him because so often culturally palatable claims are made using false evidence, bad argumentation and a sense of self-righteous fury that reminds me too much of the ultra religious missionaries.

I don't like this actually and hope to see everyone calm down in 2021.

hUirEYExbN

Jolle wrote:
hUirEYExbN wrote:
Jolle wrote:

In a talk on Instagram with her fans D'Ival was clear when asked what advice she would give to her younger self."Don't let anyone touch you or disrespect you again" and "don't drink too much tequila at a yacht party in Dubai" were two of the things she wrote.
This is new to me and changes my view on things if it is as you claim. I'll have to look into it when I get the time.