Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

hUirEYExbN wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 20:19
Jolle wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 19:02
hUirEYExbN wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 18:16

The touch was consensual, she has clarified this. There's nothing wrong with grabbing someone who wants to be grabbed.

Posting the video was dumb and he should be given a bollocking for that.

As for his other antics, they are not what is being discussed here.
A more recent statement from the woman in question:

In a talk on Instagram with her fans D'Ival was clear when asked what advice she would give to her younger self."Don't let anyone touch you or disrespect you again" and "don't drink too much tequila at a yacht party in Dubai" were two of the things she wrote.
This is new to me and changes my view on things if it is as you claim. I'll have to look into it when I get the time.

This is from het Insta story.
Insta story posts are only on Instagram for 24 hours. This was posted somewhere last week.

Image...Image

The Power of Dreams!

aral
aral

For some reason this thread has become sillier than the silly season, with various other topics being introduced. Also some extremely bad language has reared its ugly head. So, some posts have been removed and I would ask you to try and calm down. After all, it is the Christmas season and goodwill to all should be shown....

hUirEYExbN

Wouter wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 20:31
hUirEYExbN wrote:
Jolle wrote:

In a talk on Instagram with her fans D'Ival was clear when asked what advice she would give to her younger self."Don't let anyone touch you or disrespect you again" and "don't drink too much tequila at a yacht party in Dubai" were two of the things she wrote.
This is new to me and changes my view on things if it is as you claim. I'll have to look into it when I get the time.

Insta story posts are only on Instagram for 24 hours. This was posted somewhere last week.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Epa5HnqXcAA ... name=small ...https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Epa5Hn0WwAA ... name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Epa5Hn1XYAE ... name=small
The ephemeral and somewhat cutesy nature of these posts makes me continue to doubt Jolle's view. I rewatched the original video and she's not acting disgusted or disturbed. That said, abused people don't always act like an outside observer expects.

I'm going to have to admit I have no idea how to judge this situation and simply hope that it is dealt with in whatever the correct way is. I'll leave the people who know or think they know more than I about the situation to do the debating.

Jolle
Jolle

aral wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 21:20
For some reason this thread has become sillier than the silly season, with various other topics being introduced. Also some extremely bad language has reared its ugly head. So, some posts have been removed and I would ask you to try and calm down. After all, it is the Christmas season and goodwill to all should be shown....
I couldn’t find a more fitting description of Mazepin’s character trades. I’m sorry. Any suggestions what to use from now on?

V12-POWER
V12-POWER

Wouter wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 20:31
hUirEYExbN wrote:
Jolle wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Epa5HnqXcAA ... name=small ...https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Epa5Hn0WwAA ... name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Epa5Hn1XYAE ... name=small
Yeah, after she found out she could make herself a name, she started playing the victim card

Very typical behavior, not surprising at all

This was not what she posted and said after mazepin posted the video on his story

Moore77

Jolle wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 21:35
aral wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 21:20
I couldn’t find a more fitting description of Mazepin’s character trades. I’m sorry. Any suggestions what to use from now on?
Is there a necessity to discuss Mazepin's character here?
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

raymondu999

I think the FiA missed a step with Mazepin tbh — I think they should have docked his superlicense for something like bringing the sport into disrepute. Isn’t there some clause that they could have done that under in the sporting code of conduct?

In any case — I suspect Dmitry Mazepin would be savvy enough to have included clauses wbere if Mazepin doesn’t drive the full allotment of races (barring force majeure) then the funds don’t get sent
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

Jolle wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 17:49
Oh and if I’m reading you correctly, we should be tolerant for people who grab women like this, make racist remarks and have dangerous on track behaviour?
I'm saying, if you dont know what happend, you should refrain from making wrong accusations and calling for a guy to lose his job and possibly destroy his life over nothing. Dont know how this concept is hard to understand.

There is a reason for having the presumption of innocence as an international human right and it's exactly to protect innocent people from the peasants with pitch forks that act on prejudice and emotions.

And yes, we should also honor the human rights of someone who "makes racist remarks and has dangerous on track behaviour". Just like we should honor the human rights of criminals and not have them suffer from police brutality. Do you not agree with this?

Jolle
Jolle

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 08:41
Jolle wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 17:49
Oh and if I’m reading you correctly, we should be tolerant for people who grab women like this, make racist remarks and have dangerous on track behaviour?
I'm saying, if you dont know what happend, you should refrain from making wrong accusations and calling for a guy to lose his job and possibly destroy his life over nothing. Dont know how this concept is hard to understand.

There is a reason for having the presumption of innocence as an international human right and it's exactly to protect innocent people from the peasants with pitch forks that act on prejudice and emotions.

And yes, we should also honor the human rights of someone who "makes racist remarks and has dangerous on track behaviour". Just like we should honor the human rights of criminals and not have them suffer from police brutality. Do you not agree with this?
There is a big difference between justice for criminals and tolerate someone’s behaviour. Mazepin is a known sexual predator, a bully and displays violent behaviour. This behaviour is, for me at least, something that shouldn’t be tolerated.
It doesn’t matter anyway, Schumacher will be faster right out of the box and Mazepin will cry that the team are not giving him the same car, that there is a conspiracy against him, etc etc.

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

Jolle wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 09:37
There is a big difference between justice for criminals and tolerate someone’s behaviour.
Yes, I agree. In one case we're talking about a convicted felon, who would have had a fair trial and was found guilty and in the other case we're talking about a guy you dont like who touched his girlfriend. So you're saying we should tolerate and respect the former but not the latter?

Jolle wrote:
Mazepin is a known sexual predator
Is this a proven fact, or are you (again) making stuff up to support your personal agenda? How would you feel if people started calling for you to get fired from your job for spreading lies on the internet?

Jolle wrote:
It doesn’t matter anyway, Schumacher will be faster right out of the box and Mazepin will cry that the team are not giving him the same car, that there is a conspiracy against him, etc etc.
I never claimed anything different. But it does seem to matter to you, if you feel the need to go out of your way and defame the guy and call for him to get fired from his job.

NathanOlder

Jolle wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. Schumacher has been poor in his first seasons in recent formula's. Mick fast out the box never happens so I wouldn't be surprised if Mazepin beat him in year 1. Mick comes back stronger in year 2.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Moore77

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 11:41
Jolle wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. Schumacher has been poor in his first seasons in recent formula's. Mick fast out the box never happens so I wouldn't be surprised if Mazepin beat him in year 1. Mick comes back stronger in year 2.
Nikita doesn't have a stellar record of beating his team mates. Of 5 years of racing (F3, GP3, F2), only in 2020 (second year in F2), did he manage to beat his team mate, once. Comparably, Mick has better record.
While Nikita had Luca Ghiotto (unimpressive driver record) as his team mate in 2020, Mick had highly rated, another Ferrari stablemate Schwarzman as his team mate.
Mick beat his team mate Sean Gelael in 2019 (First F2 season) too.
Needless to say he beat his team mates in 2018 to win F3 title.
Only in 2017 which was his first year in single seater, he didn't manage to beat his team mates (Guenther, Illott, Zhou).
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Jolle
Jolle

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 11:17
Jolle wrote:
There is a big difference between justice for criminals and tolerate someone’s behaviour.
Yes, I agree. In one case we're talking about a convicted felon, who would have had a fair trial and was found guilty and in the other case we're talking about a guy you dont like who touched his girlfriend. So you're saying we should tolerate and respect the former but not the latter?

Jolle wrote:
Mazepin is a known sexual predator
Is this a proven fact, or are you (again) making stuff up to support your personal agenda? How would you feel if people started calling for you to get fired from your job for spreading lies on the internet?

Jolle wrote:
I never claimed anything different. But it does seem to matter to you, if you feel the need to go out of your way and defame the guy and call for him to get fired from his job.
Just look for the conversation he had with @formularenee. But I’m guessing you don’t find that any bad behaviour or damaging because he didn’t say “send me nudes or else”.
With Mazepin it’s the accumulation of bad behaviour. It’s not just one thing or one woman he comes forward it’s an ongoing list of behaviour that would get you fired from almost any job. Try it out, punch your coworker at lunch, then kick over another coworkers bike on the way out and run across the office body checking someone in the wall, almost sending them to hospital.

MtthsMlw

Case closed

Tubas
Tubas

AC/DC "Moneytalks"

Tailored suits, chauffeured cars
Fine hotels and big cigars
Up for grabs, all for a price
Where the red hot girls keep on dancin' through the night
The claim is on you
The sights are on me
So what do you do that's guaranteed
Hey little girl
You want it all
The furs, the diamonds, the painting on the wall
Come on come on, love me for the money