2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
101FlyingDutchman

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

I actually think the driving between Max and Lewis was superb. In fact I’d say this is the best race we’ve had in terms of racing for yonks and yonks

turbof1

Wass85 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:17
siskue2005 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:09
Wass85 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:07

He came out a fair distance ahead of Max, surprised to see Max pass him so quick. Leclerc didn't help matters but I still think Lewis defended poorly, if you're going to do the last minute block at least ensure you actually block the passing drivers path.
Yup leclerc defended heavily on Lewis but let pass max so easily in the final corner
Leclerc comprised his last few corners with Max after defending against Lewis. Lewis though should have fully closed the door on Max instead of making a half hearted attempt.
This might be the mindset Hamilton was talking about in Mexico, where he was saying he is giving Verstappen more room then an other driver.

Not saying that is a right or wrong approach, just saying it looks like Hamilton did it with intent.
#AeroFrodo

Wass85

turbof1 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:18
Wass85 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:17
siskue2005 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:09

Yup leclerc defended heavily on Lewis but let pass max so easily in the final corner
Leclerc comprised his last few corners with Max after defending against Lewis. Lewis though should have fully closed the door on Max instead of making a half hearted attempt.
This might be the mindset Hamilton was talking about in Mexico, where he was saying he is giving Verstappen more room then an other driver.

Not saying that is a right or wrong approach, just saying it looks like Hamilton did it with intent.
Yes maybe so and this is where I believe Max unnerves Lewis like no other driver on the grid and forces mistakes from the champion.

This pairing is certainly the new Senna/Schumacher battle, difference is though the younger driver is the more aggressive of the pair.

proteus

What gets me most, is how official F1 site is unable to provide who is under investigation about yellow flags. Is it a secret? How can they provide transparency of their work, if they are not telling the people what are they doing. They have the data, they even have video footage, but they refuse to show anything.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

NL_Fer

Did Saintz came from the last row? How did he pull it off?

Big Tea

NL_Fer wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:27
Did Saintz came from the last row? How did he pull it off?
Safety cars and tyre choice. And maybe a bit of genius.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dans79

Can we talk about the inconsistencies of safety car usage.

In Austin we had kmag directly in the firing line at the end of the Strait and all we got was double waved yellows.

Bottas pulls off in a section of the track that would require another driver to break the laws of physics to even potentially hit him and we get a full safety car.

It makes no sense whatsoever.
197 104 103 7

turbof1

dans79 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:28

In Austin we had kmag directly in the firing line at the end of the Strait and all we got was double waved yellows.

Bottas pulls off in a section of the track that would require another driver to break the laws of physics to even potentially hit him and we get a full safety car.

They probably could not get the car into neutral or whatever, which required a crane to get on track. As you said it would have highely unlikely that a race car would get into that area, let alone near the crane, but I think this is a standard procedure since the accident of Bianchi.

Though this is conjecture from me. I agree I also felt a SC was unnecessary.
#AeroFrodo

Wass85

dans79 wrote:

It makes perfect sense when you realise F1 is a show and not a sport.

Capharol

proteus wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:26
What gets me most, is how official F1 site is unable to provide who is under investigation about yellow flags. Is it a secret? How can they provide transparency of their work, if they are not telling the people what are they doing. They have the data, they even have video footage, but they refuse to show anything.
you need to look at the FIA site
https://www.fia.com/events/fia-formula- ... rmation-22

Capharol

dans79 wrote:

it makes sense because they couldn't move the car

Wass85

I still don't understand how people complain about the modern era of F1, the racing is as good as any era.

trinidefender

turbof1 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:34
dans79 wrote:

They probably could not get the car into neutral or whatever, which required a crane to get on track. As you said it would have highely unlikely that a race car would get into that area, let alone near the crane, but I think this is a standard procedure since the accident of Bianchi.

A crane had to be brought onto the track to remove Bottas' car. The moment a crane has to be used necessitates a full safety car. They were just following procedure.

Big Tea

I must admit, I did wonder why the car could not be craned to safety from the other side of the barrier.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dans79

turbof1 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:34
dans79 wrote:

I could understand a virtual safety car.

From what I saw it looks like the lifting vehicle was still fully behind the safety barrier when they picked Bottas car up.
197 104 103 7