2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Big Tea

Re: 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

Phil wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 22:58
I’d root for Seb too. Would certainly spice things up even more for next year.
I would love to see Gasly win :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

LM10

Big Tea wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 00:02
Phil wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 22:58
I’d root for Seb too. Would certainly spice things up even more for next year.
I would love to see Gasly win :twisted:
He was great at Toro Rosso before he came to Redbull. He failed at Redbull and went back to Toro Rosso. Being great there again won't change RBR'S mind anymore. Especially because Albon is doing well, in addition to that.

djos

It’s pretty much the same thing that happened to Checo, he couldn’t perform at McLaren and went back to FI were he’s done a decent job. Neither of them is likely to get a top level drive again.
"In downforce we trust"

Mansell89

Not quite sure where the “Albon is going well” thing is coming from. He might have got a bit racey in Brazil but to be quite frank he was utterly dominated by the top guys until the safety car. Nowhere near good enough to be in that seat just yet- it is far to early and I’d like to see him back at Toro Rosso to replace Kyvyat to keep developing within a fierce midfield.

RBR could use a rounded experienced head to go with Verstappen but they are stuck in their ways. Perez or Hulk would be an excellent foil for Max’s raw pace.

Anyway, back on topic- Hamilton-Verstappen 1-2 this weekend I feel, think they will have the edge on Ferrari on long runs respectively.

Bill

Redbull could learn from Ferrari or even Hass and help their second driver if he struggling. Vettel had issues with the car they fixed it and now he has out qualified and outraced Charles in the last five races.Gasly has more natural speed than Hulk or Perez he beating them in the midfield with arguably a slower car.

godlameroso

Easy 2 stopper, the hard tire will be too hard and will be really hard to get in the window, particularly overheating rears and underheated fronts. Soft tire will be too soft and not last many laps, medium tire probably best tire but only lasts ~20 laps.
Saishū kōnā

search

godlameroso wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 07:45
Easy 2 stopper, the hard tire will be too hard and will be really hard to get in the window, particularly overheating rears and underheated fronts. Soft tire will be too soft and not last many laps, medium tire probably best tire but only lasts ~20 laps.
in the past two years only a total number of 2 cars stopped more than once though. Hartley even came in on lap 1 and made it to the end.

I would surely welcome a different race this year - but I wouldn't say it's the most likely outcome.

Just_a_fan

Bill wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 05:25
Redbull could learn from Ferrari or even Hass and help their second driver if he struggling. Vettel had issues with the car they fixed it and now he has out qualified and outraced Charles in the last five races.Gasly has more natural speed than Hulk or Perez he beating them in the midfield with arguably a slower car.
RedBull appear to favour the Ferrari/Todt/Brawn model of a dominate number 1 with a subservient number 2. The number 1 then getting the calls, help etc., in order to get wins.

In some ways, this makes sense - it allows the team to concentrate on one driver and if he wins, the team gets the headlines. Winning a driver's title brings more publicity for the team, ironically, than does winning the constructor's title alone. Obviously, winning both is best, but people remember the drivers' titles and the associated team than they do the other way round.

Usually, the winning driver's team wins the title too, but not always. 1994 - Michael won the title but Williams the constructor's. 1999 - Mika won the driver's but Ferrari the constructor's. 2008, likewise with Hamilton and Ferrari. We remember the driver champs more easily than the team champs.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

izzy

I'd really like another Lewis win please :). He MUST get to 92 and it's going to be a lot harder next year, i don't see him being able to accumulate them like he did earlier this year. Otherwise whoever deserves it, Max Seb Charles or Valtteri, well done to them i don't mind, just as long as there's no safety car fake excitement lottery

Capharol

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1199602474585411585
During the season, the front wings then slightly out of focus. The technicians in most cases managed to match the aerodynamics of the front and rear of the car at some point. At Red Bull it was so far in Austria, at Ferrari found only with the Singapore upgrade a balanced aero balance.......
......When you thought the fun was over, the teams really packed up. And as if everyone had agreed, there were a lot of new things to discover, especially in terms of front wings. Red Bull and Alfa Romeo even came in the penultimate round of the season in Brazil with upgrade wings. Two weeks earlier in the US Haas had a new model in the luggage. Renault and Williams ignited in Suzuka their last stages of development.

aral

Arguments about Kvyat, Gasly, Albon, Verstappen are irrelevant to his topic .....which is the Abu Dhabi GP....so have been removed. Please try to stay on topic

digitalrurouni

izzy wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 12:52
I'd really like another Lewis win please :). He MUST get to 92 and it's going to be a lot harder next year, i don't see him being able to accumulate them like he did earlier this year. Otherwise whoever deserves it, Max Seb Charles or Valtteri, well done to them i don't mind, just as long as there's no safety car fake excitement lottery
I agree with you and me personally am very excited the regs for next year are constant. Next year may well be another 2012 in the making! Please I hope I didn't jinx it. It did sound a bit ominous that Mercedes has a 'different' engine architecture for next year.

izzy

digitalrurouni wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 18:24
I agree with you and me personally am very excited the regs for next year are constant. Next year may well be another 2012 in the making! Please I hope I didn't jinx it. It did sound a bit ominous that Mercedes has a 'different' engine architecture for next year.
yes 2020 could easily be the best F1 year ever!

PlatinumZealot

Mercedes domination please.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Capharol

the dream for every Honda fan......
a full Honda podium