Scuderia Ferrari SF91?? Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DRCorsa

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF91?? Speculation Thread

From what i've read, yes the car might be last year's car, SF90

f1316

I may be completely off base, but I’m seeing this shape in the nose through the tarp, which looks akin to the Mercedes:

https://ibb.co/n1ZRNvk

[edit: I don’t understand how image embeds work on this forum any more! :lol: ]

Holm86

To me it looks exactly like the thumb nose of the SF90, it just looks low because the tip of the FW protrudes so much

outsid3r

The FW looks different to the SF90. The part where the horizontal plane meets the end-plate seems to be slightly higher and more "chiseled". Also, the Mission Winnow ad on the SF 90 took the whole length of the end-plate, while on this one it seems to stop at around half way

jumpingfish

Tried to compare elements..

outsid3r

jumpingfish wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 13:00
Tried to compare elements..

https://i.imgur.com/bCNEMwd.png
https://i.imgur.com/fWVuuXi.png
Actually you're right. I forgot that they had to ditch the MissionWinnow sponsorship. It might be the SF90 after all

MtthsMlw

They'll have the SF90 also on display there, to do some show runs in the streets.
The footplate looks exactly like the launch spec one of the SF90.

LM10

MtthsMlw wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 10:02
LM10 wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 00:38
I can remember reading the reason behind Ferrari's relatively early launch date. Mattia was talking about some bench tests or whatever it was right after launch. Does someone know what the reasoning was and why would a later launch hinder them from doing the tests anyway?
I see this as more of a mentality thing. They could run these tests whether the car is launched or not.
Announcing an early launch date early - as they did - might push the workers a bit to deliver on time. The earlier the better to run more dyno tests.
There was also talk about them pulling a Merc this year, bringing a much more advanced car to the second week of testing.
Yea, good point. Mentality might play a role.

Also heard about spec A and then B in testings. Let’s see, I’m quite curious already.

Holm86

I don't believe the Spec A and B rumors, to me it just sounds like too expensive a gamble, producing two different cars for this year, and at the same time being in the design phase of the 2021 model which will demand quite some ressources

godlameroso

.8 would put them on par with last year's Mercedes around Barcelona. Mercedes will be running a faster car than last year's model.
Saishū kōnā

Mr.G

Holm86 wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 14:55
I don't believe the Spec A and B rumors, to me it just sounds like too expensive a gamble, producing two different cars for this year, and at the same time being in the design phase of the 2021 model which will demand quite some ressources
Actually I was thinking about what and why Mercedes did that last year and I think the main goal was to have better understanding of the changes.

The first Barcelona season was for comparing old car to new car (maybe mainly mechanically) and the second season then show them how much they gained through aeropackage...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

F1Fan2018

I wouldnt of thought they will bring a spec A and then Spec B car as the testing days have been cut this year so theres less time to actually evaluate Spec A and then Spec B.

Sombrero

SF1000

Mr.G

F1Fan2018 wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 17:13
I wouldnt of thought they will bring a spec A and then Spec B car as the testing days have been cut this year so theres less time to actually evaluate Spec A and then Spec B.
Don't think of it like spec A and B but more like firs half of the real car and second half of the car...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts