[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Fer.Fan

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Fer.Fan wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:58
What a joke Ferrari are, how can they live with them selfs???? ](*,) O:) :lol: :lol:

GP2 engine....
They ware helpless during the race, no pace what so ever, bad pit stops as well.

mika vs michael

I prefer having for a year a GP2 engine and then improve it than have a GP2 driver like Bottas. He is the next Barrichello but noone in Mercedes told him so.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Jolle

With Leclerc’s growing troublesome behaviour on track, where is the Niki Lauda/Helmut Marko/Alain Prost kind of figure to coach their drivers? He’s getting scrappieer by the race. Vettel clearly missed such a senior figure during his Ferrari days.

mika vs michael

For Leclerc it's part of the process. Time will tell.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Ringleheim

Fer.Fan wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 22:08
Fer.Fan wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:58
What a joke Ferrari are, how can they live with them selfs???? ](*,) O:) :lol: :lol:

GP2 engine....
They ware helpless during the race, no pace what so ever, bad pit stops as well.
Well, you mean Vettel had no pace whatsoever. LOL.

Whatever pace Leclerc would have had would probably have been 6 spots better than Vettel's.

Vettel's stock value has to be close to zero at this point. I mean ZERO.

The dude should have retired.

These are very dark days for Ferrari. Reminds of the era before Jean Todt joining the team in 1994. Years like 1991, 1992, 1993, the scuderia was totally lost.

Remember when they fired Alain Prost during the season? LOL

It's like that again, now.

Moore77

Leclerc, need to really talk to himself. Having full knowledge that the car is nowhere competitive in races, going for such audacious moves is really stupid. He wasn't going to beat a Merc or RedBull or RP on pace, even if he would have gotten ahead in that sequence. They would have anyway overtaken him.

Besides, there were four cars going into that corner while properly slowing down, except for Leclerc, who was inside. Driver on the inside can't take so much speed and he has seen that for himself in Austria. He really need to accept the limitations of the car for now and drive smart. He jas done so well on so many occasions, but there are moments when he gets ahead of himself.

He almost had the same moment last week where Seb had to bail out and blasted on radio. Season can't get over sooner for him.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

selvam_e2002

Moore77 wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 06:02
Leclerc, need to really talk to himself. Having full knowledge that the car is nowhere competitive in races, going for such audacious moves is really stupid. He wasn't going to beat a Merc or RedBull or RP on pace, even if he would have gotten ahead in that sequence. They would have anyway overtaken him.

Besides, there were four cars going into that corner while properly slowing down, except for Leclerc, who was inside. Driver on the inside can't take so much speed and he has seen that for himself in Austria. He really need to accept the limitations of the car for now and drive smart. He jas done so well on so many occasions, but there are moments when he gets ahead of himself.

He almost had the same moment last week where Seb had to bail out and blasted on radio. Season can't get over sooner for him.
Indeed. I mentioned in one of the thread that " self critics are good" however you have to learn from it. It is not happening for him and he is keep doing same mistake again and again. I think he got huge team support(binotto).

On another hand, why Vettel crew keep on delaying in changing wheel nut? It is very clear they want him to lose and does not gain any point as Lecrec retired at first lap indecent. Then how we can except Vettel to do better job? as you already lost his motivation and team support.

Ferrari are trying to Project Lecrec is next star by making Vettel weak.

Let wait and see. It is a cycle so, whatever happen to Vettel can happen to Lecrec if Binotto gone.

ryaan2904

Moore77 wrote:

I think we can blame the lack of fp2 running for Leclerc to the accident. He didnt know the race pace of the car but could've been surprised by quali pace and thought of jumping the gun. I'm personally fine with it. Remember, even Verstappen crashed a lot in his early years. These are championship contending drivers. Giving a season away just like that, just like how Seb Vettel is doing, is just not in their mindset.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

ryaan2904

selvam_e2002 wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 08:21
Moore77 wrote:

On another hand, why Vettel crew keep on delaying in changing wheel nut? It is very clear they want him to lose and does not gain any point as Lecrec retired at first lap indecent. Then how we can except Vettel to do better job? as you already lost his motivation and team support.

Ferrari are trying to Project Lecrec is next star by making Vettel weak.

Let wait and see. It is a cycle so, whatever happen to Vettel can happen to Lecrec if Binotto gone.
Can't believe its close to a season end now and ppl still believe this bullshit.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

Sevach

Well, Ferrari now all but locked in 6th in the constructors, should have a nice wind tunnel bonus over the big teams.

Scorpaguy

Dark days....I fear worse as this team seems to perform better when Bino is away from the track. While overt sabotage is unlikely, Vet's run of bad mojo in the garage seems to equal Bot's run of hitting debris on track. I am beginning to question if there is a bit of toxicity within the Big Red work environment. One thing is for certain is that both Bino and Vet will be better off in a week's time. Unfortunately, I assume we will have to wait many months/years to hear the real story as I doubt Vet will be forthcoming with a tell all...I imagine he will drop a few hints and innuendos, but nothing definitive.

One thing to consider is that both may be a bit to blame and neither is willing to reconcile at this point. I suspect both feel that the best revenge is "doing well"...so we will be counting points next year.

Jolle

Sevach wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 10:50
Well, Ferrari now all but locked in 6th in the constructors, should have a nice wind tunnel bonus over the big teams.
Looking at their car, they are going to need a bit more then that...

LM10

Jolle wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 19:29
Sevach wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 10:50
Looking at their car, they are going to need a bit more then that...
More wind tunnel time will mean more time for 2022 car as well.

Hoffman900

More wind tunnel time isn’t a gimme though.

You could give Williams all the wind tunnel time in the world and they still wouldn’t be as fast as Mercedes. You still need the engineering talent to do something with it, and I don’t think they’ve made any hires that give any indication that will change.

If the same people are involved in this car are involved for next year and 2022, why should they expect different?

LM10

Hoffman900 wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 20:15
More wind tunnel time isn’t a gimme though.

You could give Williams all the wind tunnel time in the world and they still wouldn’t be as fast as Mercedes. You still need the engineering talent to do something with it, and I don’t think they’ve made any hires that give any indication that will change.

If the same people are involved in this car are involved for next year and 2022, why should they expect different?
Because of better team dynamics, learning from mistakes and continuity maybe? In which way has helped Ferrari firing people regularly in the past? I don’t think that Ferrari staff consists of untalented fools.

No one expects Williams to be as fast as Mercedes, but more wind tunnel and simulation time for weaker teams should be one of a few factors closing the gap to the top teams. That is the whole point of the regulation changes.
Ferrari as a top team found themselves in a position of a weak team in the standings. This should give them more of a lift relative to other top teams. If it actually will, we will see in the future, but I don’t see the point in being pessimistic all the time.