[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

I'd like to read that as having a more confident approach to their 2020 contender and making use of the time left to fine-tune what they have, after hopefully getting confirmation that sim and cfd data corresponds with real-life environment. They still had quite the area to cover to get on Mercedes' level compared to the end of the 2019 season, but concidering 2019 was a 'transition' year from the Renault powerplant to the Honda powerplant, they managed outstandingly good and i can only expect that they have managed to now bring a car that is atleast on par or ever so slightly behind Mercedes' 2020 contender.

That said, i thought that this year's RB would have more red? or am i missing things here?

Isn't this also the first time in a while that RB is NOT using a camo livery at it's reveal and testing?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

I think that the car will be different in some areas in Barcelona than this one. Especially 2nd week. Can't wait to see it and hear the Honda PU again! Hopefully no stupid crashes anymore trying to overdrive the car, if they want to be 100% ready for Melbourne

Capharol
Capharol

Marti_EF3 wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 21:56
I think that the car will be different in some areas in Barcelona than this one. Especially 2nd week. Can't wait to see it and hear the Honda PU again! Hopefully no stupid crashes anymore trying to overdrive the car, if they want to be 100% ready for Melbourne
all RB needs to do is to pound in those laps (140-150 per day) and check the parts, how they work and if it brings the results they want .... no stupid things like beating the fastest lap

Wouter

Max his new trainer, Bradly Scanes, was also in Silverstone today.
For the first time in public in the RBR outfit. :D

The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

In Abu Dhabi, Hamilton was .305 seconds faster on average than Verstappen, but the most curious thing was the difference in fastest lap. 1.8 seconds difference is an eternity, how is Mercedes capable of pulling such gaps? I hope for a more competitive season, however I find it hard to believe that Mercedes won't have the fastest car once more.
Saishū kōnā

Hino
Hino

Wouter

Hino wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 07:24
https://streamable.com/el2pg
Thank you for this great video @Hino. A lot longer than the version that RBR has placed online.
Also nice to have a look at Horner, Max and Alex, after the first introduction to the car yesterday.
This is clearly filmed by a professional, good recording.
Thanks again @Hino!
The Power of Dreams!

seense
seense

Same video as last year. You exactly see sht of the car and the usual interviews without actually saying anything... at least we have some good pictures. :)

Capharol
Capharol

seense wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 10:07
Same video as last year. You exactly see sht of the car and the usual interviews without actually saying anything... at least we have some good pictures. :)
this goes for Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault, McLaren, etc. aswell all the same as last year and interviews saying nothing anything at all

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Hino wrote:
i remember last year the Honda engine making some interesting noises off-throttle,
i haven't really heared that from this video, so either there hasn't enough video material
available to properly judge or something has been improved/altered in the Honda engine,
i'd feel like the latter and i think that shows interesting progress.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

etusch

Who has the narrowest rear? Ferrari or Red Bull?
Ferrari yesterday proudly told how much was put into the compact design of the rear of the SF1000. But Red Bull have gone even further. From the rear wheel, we see nothing but a gaping hole. The bodywork is completely hidden in the middle. Also further forward we see that Red Bull has gone one step further than Ferrari. The curvature in the sidepods is a lot stronger, indicating that they are even smaller than the bonnet above.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/54647/an ... gJ2vqzanD0

yener

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 21:03
Hino wrote:
i remember last year the Honda engine making some interesting noises off-throttle,
i haven't really heared that from this video, so either there hasn't enough video material
available to properly judge or something has been improved/altered in the Honda engine,
From around 2:15 when he gets his foot off throttle you can still here it loud and clear.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

yener wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 14:06
Manoah2u wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 21:03
Hino wrote:
From around 2:15 when he gets his foot off throttle you can still here it loud and clear.
thanks i somehow missed it

Bill
Bill

Looks like Mercedes and Ferrari have adopted Redbull side pod around radiator area from last last year but Rbr are bucking the trend they got a new solution for these year which looks like cars from 2010 with coanda aero solutions . Curious maybe they gon the wrong path