[ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: [ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

rohan wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 04:25
proteus wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 12:45
Ahem....it says "they might mortgage it", there is no report whatsoever they actually did it. Especially since their 2017 manouver of paying out Ron Dennis is supposed to prevent them doing this.
As I was saying: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15003 ... ts-f1-team

Looking forward to your apology.
There's a significant difference between a team struggling to survive (Williams) and a team with billionaire backers looking at selling a minority stake to raise money to ensure it is as competitive as possible in the next couple of years, which would mean that they could potentially generate a profit under the new rules.
Last edited by Steven on 20 Jun 2020, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

rohan

adrianjordan wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 03:59
rohan wrote:
proteus wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 12:45

Ahem....it says "they might mortgage it", there is no report whatsoever they actually did it. Especially since their 2017 manouver of paying out Ron Dennis is supposed to prevent them doing this.

There's a significant difference between a team struggling to survive (Williams) and a team with billionaire backers looking at selling a minority stake to raise money to ensure it is as competitive as possible in the next couple of years, which would mean that they could potentially generate a profit under the new rules.
Still waiting for that apology: https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53142880

It seems you have no honour.

adrianjordan

rohan wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 03:23
adrianjordan wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 03:59
rohan wrote:

Still waiting for that apology: https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53142880

It seems you have no honour.
You'll keep waiting because nothing proves you are right yet.

And honour?? What has any of this got to do with honour!! It's a discussion on a forum.

I pay my bills in time, don't cheat, love my family, have a job dedicated to helping others. But yeah, sure because I won't surrender to your interpretation of events, I lack honour. Wtf??

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ScottR267

Supposedly increased exposure for Lavazza which is to be announced.

adrianjordan

Nice!!

If they lose the red, this could end up being a really nice livery!!

rohan

adrianjordan wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 21:09
You want an apology?

Here.

I'm sorry you do not have enough of a grasp on business and economics to actually see that these 2 situations are vastly different and that the McLaren situation probably wouldn't even be a story if it wasn't for Williams being up for sale.
I have a PhD in economics, so that shows what you know.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-f ... nsolvency/

shotzski

I'm confused with Williams Rokit situation. The story was widely published that Williams, were the one who terminated the deal with Rokit. Now, how come it was such a surprise to them that Rokit want to sponsor another team? Thanks in advance

tomazy

Becouse it was also widly published that they terminated the contract becouse Rokit did not pay the money. Williams is surprised that other teams are interested in Rokit if they screwed a diffirent F1 team before. Of corse, we probably dont know the whole story.

FW17

Macklaren

shotzski wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 08:15
I'm confused with Williams Rokit situation. The story was widely published that Williams, were the one who terminated the deal with Rokit. Now, how come it was such a surprise to them that Rokit want to sponsor another team? Thanks in advance
If I were to guess, the Williams pursuit of strategic options unlocked something in the sponsorship contract that allowed RokIt to walk and they did. They are still the title sponsor of the W series and are going to Merc now so this was never a RokIt issue, I don't think.

ENGINE TUNER

tomazy wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 09:58
Becouse it was also widly published that they terminated the contract becouse Rokit did not pay the money. Williams is surprised that other teams are interested in Rokit if they screwed a diffirent F1 team before. Of corse, we probably dont know the whole story.
If Rokit didn't pay what the contract stipulated then sue them, don't let them out of the contract and then be mad when they take that money elsewhere. More poor decisions by Williams management. There are reasons why contracts are drawn up and signed.

ENGINE TUNER

Macklaren wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 15:39
shotzski wrote:
If I were to guess, the Williams pursuit of strategic options unlocked something in the sponsorship contract that allowed RokIt to walk and they did. They are still the title sponsor of the W series and are going to Merc now so this was never a RokIt issue, I don't think.
Care to expound on the bolded part? What pursuit are you referring to?

Macklaren

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 18:29
Macklaren wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 15:39
shotzski wrote:
Care to expound on the bolded part? What pursuit are you referring to?
The fact that Williams is looking for a new investor/potentially selling the team

Jolle

If for instance Rokit would have naming rights of the team for a very small amount of sponsorship. This would dilute the worth of the team, although it benefits liquidity in the short term.