Charles Leclerc

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Re: Charles Leclerc

No one was going to be the lead car, if you were the lead car, you were screwed. Leclerc only had to go in front of Seb, which he did. the engineer was only saying go when they realised how tight on time it was going to be. Basically, no one was out there screwing anyone over. Will be very interesting to see what happens this year at Monza.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Dee
Dee

Wouter wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 17:27
dans79 wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 16:40
Dee wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 16:14
I have literally just joined this website and people are getting personal already. Not nice to see how some people discuss F1 around here
Please, you've been here a day, and your postings have hostile undertones tones and hint at an agenda, in my opinion. Not to mention the number of positive ratings given to you is suspicious.
Why is it suspicious if a new member gets some positive reviews? Is everyone here pro Leclerc? He also got a plus from me, is that suspicious? I don't know him at all, but agreed with his post and thought it was worth it for others to read it.
By the way, @Dee is right that a few members immediately become personal, which I find a little bit childish.
I have just been downvoted three times in three minutes, on the dot. Seems someone is going around downvoting to make sure my score is low. I don't care, just shows they type of posters that are on here. I will stay because there are good people like you here and at some point people will forget that they have something against me and actually judge me based on my posts

NathanOlder

Don't worry, like Dans said, if someone is abusing the voting system, it will be picked up by the mods here.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Andres125sx

Dee wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 10:24
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:58
Already emerged, was strong on tracks he had experience on(including F2), was mostly right behind Vettel on the ones he didn't have experience in. Dominant in Bahrain, slight mistake in Baku. Strong in Spa, Monza. Robbed by Ferrari in Singapore, backstabbed and sabotaged by Vettel in Russia, poor strategy in Mexico. LEC could have easily won 5 or 6 races last year with as good as he was driving.

Over the course of 2019 he was probably the 2nd best driver after Hamilton having made less mistakes than VER.

He is the real deal
Don't even start. Leclerc had way more mistakes last season and backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel in Monza Q3. The race directly after Vettel had held back Hamilton so he could win.

Leclerc crashed into two cars, crashed out of two races, crashed out of qualifying, crashed with a teammate, got black and white flagged for unportsmanlike driving and got a penalty for dangerous behaviour.

If we are going to compare Leclerc to Hamilton, Leclerc is nowhere near Lewis in tyre management, race pace or wet weather driving. He cannot win without having the fastest car and even at that only won 2/7 from pole last year.

He held his head in Monza but he was on the better tyre, had 0.5 on the straight and had the stewards in his back pocket.

Leclerc lost his head many times last year when he wasn't at the front. Monaco was the prime example. And I noticed all year that when he fell back or was down the grid he gave up the fight. So many times I was looking at the live timing expecting him to get the gap down and instead it stayed put.

Leclerc is championship material, same as Verstappen but he is not going to win against Lewis anytime soom
This looked like a sensible post... until I bothered to check some facts #-o
Dee wrote:
Don't even start. Leclerc had way more mistakes last season and backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel in Monza Q3.
Backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel? Well, if you mean he beat him fair and square, then I agree. Otherwise...

At first attempt Lecrerc made the fastest lap. Then at the re-start with very little time remaining Vettel was in front of Charles, so he was free to do anything he want. He decided to hold on as the vast majority of drivers, what finally caused one of the most embarrasing moments in F1 history when only Sainz and Lecrerc ignored the slipstream worries and went for his lap.

If Vettel didn´t reach the finish line in time it was exclusively his responsibility. He was between Lecrerc and Sainz at the start of the warm up lap, so he could have done it exactly the same as the other two

Try to remove your red tinted glasses before posting please

Dee
Dee

Andres125sx wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 18:39
Dee wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:58
Already emerged, was strong on tracks he had experience on(including F2), was mostly right behind Vettel on the ones he didn't have experience in. Dominant in Bahrain, slight mistake in Baku. Strong in Spa, Monza. Robbed by Ferrari in Singapore, backstabbed and sabotaged by Vettel in Russia, poor strategy in Mexico. LEC could have easily won 5 or 6 races last year with as good as he was driving.

Over the course of 2019 he was probably the 2nd best driver after Hamilton having made less mistakes than VER.

He is the real deal
Don't even start. Leclerc had way more mistakes last season and backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel in Monza Q3. The race directly after Vettel had held back Hamilton so he could win.

Leclerc crashed into two cars, crashed out of two races, crashed out of qualifying, crashed with a teammate, got black and white flagged for unportsmanlike driving and got a penalty for dangerous behaviour.

If we are going to compare Leclerc to Hamilton, Leclerc is nowhere near Lewis in tyre management, race pace or wet weather driving. He cannot win without having the fastest car and even at that only won 2/7 from pole last year.

He held his head in Monza but he was on the better tyre, had 0.5 on the straight and had the stewards in his back pocket.

Leclerc lost his head many times last year when he wasn't at the front. Monaco was the prime example. And I noticed all year that when he fell back or was down the grid he gave up the fight. So many times I was looking at the live timing expecting him to get the gap down and instead it stayed put.

Leclerc is championship material, same as Verstappen but he is not going to win against Lewis anytime soom
This looked like a sensible post... until I bothered to check some facts #-o
Dee wrote:
Don't even start. Leclerc had way more mistakes last season and backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel in Monza Q3.
Backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel? Well, if you mean he beat him fair and square, then I agree. Otherwise...

https://youtu.be/5UTD-AqCn-s?t=219

At first attempt Lecrerc made the fastest lap. Then at the re-start with very little time remaining Vettel was in front of Charles, so he was free to do anything he want. He decided to hold on as the vast majority of drivers, what finally caused one of the most embarrasing moments in F1 history when only Sainz and Lecrerc ignored the slipstream worries and went for his lap.

If Vettel didn´t reach the finish line in time it was exclusively his responsibility. He was between Lecrerc and Sainz at the start of the warm up lap, so he could have done it exactly the same as the other two

Try to remove your red tinted glasses before posting please
The whole thing is Leclerc was on team orders to be the first car to give Vettel the tow just like Vettel did to him the lap before, Vettel did have to pass Leclerc in the end to try and get a lap in but Leclerc was the one who did not speed up as requested by his team and pass the leading car so Vettel could follow and a lap could be set for both of them.

It's smart on Leclerc's part. He got pole. I'm just saying that Leclerc did not abide by team orders. He broke an agreement.

Andres125sx

Dee wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 19:11
The whole thing is Leclerc was on team orders to be the first car to give Vettel the tow just like Vettel did to him the lap before, Vettel did have to pass Leclerc in the end to try and get a lap in but Leclerc was the one who did not speed up as requested by his team and pass the leading car so Vettel could follow and a lap could be set for both of them.

It's smart on Leclerc's part. He got pole. I'm just saying that Leclerc did not abide by team orders. He broke an agreement.
Sorry but, did you watch the qualifying? Looks like you´re intentionally ignoring the complete mess of the second attempt, as well as the radio comunications from the comparison video

Lecrerc engineer: "you can overtake Sebastian, overtake Sebastian"

It was exactly the opposite you ´ve stated, it was Sebastian who did not speed up, to the point Ferrari engineer urged Charles to pass Vettel or they wouldn´t make it :shock:

NathanOlder

Seb was also very lucky not to be starting 10th. None of it matters now, Sundays performance shows why Ferrari have given Seb the push, and Charles a very long contract.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

dans79

Dee wrote:
You should go back and watch the out lap in its entirety. Leclerc passed Vettel On the out lap at the end of the Ascari complex. He was even told on the radio it was ok to do so. Thus Leclerc was in a position to give Vettel a slip stream on the hot lap. The only issue was neither of them made it over the line in time. Carlos was the only driver that did, and even his time was not good because he overcooked the out lap to make it in time.

If you want someone to blame, blame the pit walls, they waited far to long to release the cars. Or, blame Hulk. Stroll, and Sainz. As soon as they slowed down and backed everyone up, no one was going to make it over the line without compromising their hot lap.

As an aside Leclerc and Vettel had more to worry about than just each other. If they weren't careful they would have given a merc a double slipstream and they both would have lost out.
197 104 103 7

ENGINE TUNER

dans79 wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 19:31
Dee wrote:
You should go back and watch the out lap in its entirety. Leclerc passed Vettel On the out lap at the end of the Ascari complex. He was even told on the radio it was ok to do so. Thus Leclerc was in a position to give Vettel a slip stream on the hot lap. The only issue was neither of them made it over the line in time. Carlos was the only driver that did, and even his time was not good because he overcooked the out lap to make it in time.

If you want someone to blame, blame the pit walls, they waited far to long to release the cars. Or, blame Hulk. Stroll, and Sainz. As soon as they slowed down and backed everyone up, no one was going to make it over the line without compromising their hot lap.

As an aside Leclerc and Vettel had more to worry about than just each other. If they weren't careful they would have given a merc a double slipstream and they both would have lost out.
LEC did in fact make it over the line, the team lied or mistakenly misled him that he did not.
Last edited by ENGINE TUNER on 25 Jun 2020, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

ENGINE TUNER

NathanOlder wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 19:19
Seb was also very lucky not to be starting 10th. None of it matters now, Sundays performance shows why Ferrari have given Seb the push, and Charles a very long contract.
Exactly

PlatinumZealot

Ringleheim wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 19:51
If I was a fan of Hamilton or Mercedes (I'm not ) I would fear car designers much more than any particular driver in this era of F1.

Having said that, there are always 2, 3, or 4 drivers in the top echelon in F1 during any era.

LeClerc is certainly one of those now, with Hamilton, Max, and maybe 1 or 2 others.
Fear? Oh... I don't think you know the history of Hamilton fans... They had five years of Lewis
being the underdog and challenging the fastest cars and It was a good time because it was just amazing to see Lewis pull put a surprise pole or a surpise win from the jaws of defeat! The best highlight reels in recent time if you ask me.
So i don't think would they fear his opponents having a faster car now. The opposite! It might actually be welcoming to see how a mature Hamilton would approach that challenge! :mrgreen:

But please we must keep the topic on Charles Leclerc!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dans79

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 20:33
Fear? Oh... I don't think you know the history of Hamilton fans... They had five years of Lewis
being the underdog and challenging the fastest cars and It was a good time because it was just amazing to see Lewis pull put a surprise pole or a surpise win from the jaws of defeat!
Yep! Korea 2011 is a good example, it was the only non RBR pole all season!
197 104 103 7

Steven
Owner

Personal comments removed
All votes annulled, and further voting disabled