On this day 5 years ago: The tragedy of Fernando Alonso's radio outburst in Honda's home race at Suzuka Circuit

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

coaster

Re: On this day 5 years ago: The tragedy of Fernando Alonso's radio outburst in Honda's home race at Suzuka Circuit

I pray towards the end of the hybrid era that these V6 engines are revealed such as was the case at the end of V10 V8, 96mm to 98mm bore era.
Very little has been shared, unobtainium.

JordanMugen

Re: On this day 5 years ago: The tragedy of Fernando Alonso's radio outburst in Honda's home race at Suzuka Circuit

coaster wrote:
29 May 2021, 06:19
I pray towards the end of the hybrid era that these V6 engines are revealed such as was the case at the end of V10 V8, 96mm to 98mm bore era.
I don't follow, Honda in particular have shared a lot? Even telemetry of ERS deployment.

Jolle

coaster wrote:
29 May 2021, 06:19
Good chance with the road relevance of the V6 hybrid, a lot of stuff will stay under wraps. The high revving V8 tech lost all their relevance all together and were much more designed by racing developers then the now much deeper integration into the companies.

Big Tea

radosav wrote:
29 May 2021, 06:09
that engine was a jewel 😅
https://twitter.com/i/status/1397232954187919361
Jewel? small, expensive, looks lovely, does not really do anything
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

radosav

Big Tea wrote:
30 May 2021, 11:57
radosav wrote:
29 May 2021, 06:09
that engine was a jewel 😅
https://twitter.com/i/status/1397232954187919361
Jewel? small, expensive, looks lovely, does not really do anything
ahahaha

Jolle

I think… or guess.. although Alonso races three out of four engines during the hybrid years, every year he had the weakest engine of the four? 🙈

Andres125sx

Marty_Y wrote:
29 May 2021, 14:38
True, Verstappen outburst is pretty similar, but he lacks the charisma of Alonso so even if his outburst was with a much much, much better PU (one of the best PU instead of clearly the worst), it´s less relevant for everybody :twisted:

coaster

It was quoted on youtube just yesterday that hondas pu head was sad to be leaving and hoped that corporate management would change paths.
All the pu team are gunning for max, i have a feeling there are many layers of decision makers at a giant car maker.
I reckon a technical partnership would be cool to give honda the winning recognition they so richly deserve.