2020 Sakhir Grand Prix - Sakhir, Dec 04 - 06

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zibby43

Re: 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix - Sakhir, Dec 04 - 06

Schuttelberg wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:30
El Scorchio wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:26
zibby43 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:24
Bottas was outclassed by George today.

I've been a staunch Bottas supporter, but I'm a believer in accountability, and I've got to put my hand up and acknowledge what I saw today.

If I were Toto, I'd be finding out a way to buy out Bottas' 2021 contract.

It doesn't matter if George isn't on Hamilton's qualifying pace next year if he can race like he did today. Full stop.
Not a lot of point if Williams won’t release Russell. 2022 will be the time.

I don’t think they have need either. They’ll probably still do the double.
:lol: :lol:

You're funny! You think Williams have control over George? Listen to yourself mate.
He has a valid point.

I know you enjoy your Merc conspiracy theories, but Williams have the final say there.

PlatinumZealot

mzso wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:48
Well, Mercedes at an all time low status in my eyes.
It seems like they actively sabotage every driver but their PR goldmine minority favorite. Everything just so he can appear in a better light. Riding the all holy BS black struggle train. It seems likely that they stab the tires that are not Hamiltons at this point.
It's not believable that the long time champion team can be so sh*t to not even deliver a borderline competent race

siskue2005 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:20
No, they have 3 laps to sort it out, otherwise it would have been DSQ

And I hope he is not DSQed, that was his fist points in F1
That's for mixed compounds though, isn't it? Seems more likely to be be a disqualification.
PR goldmine minority favourite?

BS Black Struggle train?

Do tell....
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zibby43

mzso wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:54
El Scorchio wrote:
Sky dodging asking Stroll sr the hard question as well.
They know the answers and they know that he's prickly and would probably be the last interview with him if they did.
Seems like the sort of person who would walk off the interview if he's annoyed.
zibby43 wrote:

I've been a staunch Bottas supporter, but I'm a believer in accountability, and I've got to put my hand up and acknowledge what I saw today.

It doesn't matter if George isn't on Hamilton's qualifying pace next year if he can race like he did today. Full stop.
A more viable approach (might be cheaper as well) would be to orchestrate a swap with Williams.
I'm quite sure they're still looking for cash and maybe more so for technological aid.
Yep there would have to be some co-operation between the parties, and they’d at least get a driver that way.

Bottas would truly learn the meaning of “Life comes at you fast.” From a Williams to a Merc, back to a Williams.

El Scorchio

mzso wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
Sky dodging asking Stroll sr the hard question as well.
They know the answers and they know that he's prickly and would probably be the last interview with him if they did.
Seems like the sort of person who would walk off the interview if he's annoyed.
zibby43 wrote:

A more viable approach (might be cheaper as well) would be to orchestrate a swap with Williams.
I'm quite sure they're still looking for cash and maybe more so for technological aid.
Yeah I agree. He probably would do. Unfortunately he probably wields quite a lot of power in the paddock too. It’s obviously an embarrassing situation he finds himself in and he doesn’t want to admit to the world it’s all down to nepotism and buying his son his own F1 team and personal German driving instructor.

Ah well. Would have been nice to see him squirm.

mvfad

Bottas is an ok driver. He's not a horrible driver, but he's also not a great one. Anyway, he's in a car that he doesn't deserve to be in.

NathanOlder

lh13 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:40
Some Hamilton fans were hell bent on proving that Bottas is anything decent! I'm sure they're glad Russell did not win today. Bottas is there for a reason, to keep certain someone happy. It maybe a surprise for us, but Mercedes always knew how quick Russell was (is), yet he wasn't put in the car for next year. And people claim there is no #1/#2 in Mercedes.
Hamilton fans from Britain all wanted Russell to win. And Russell isn't in the car next year because Williams blocked it. Mercedes asked and Claire said no. So Merc resigned Bottas on 1 yr to fill the gap.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FrukostScones

PlatinumZealot wrote:
lh13 wrote:
Some Hamilton fans were hell bent on proving that Bottas is anything decent! I'm sure they're glad Russell did not win today. Bottas is there for a reason, to keep certain someone happy. It maybe a surprise for us, but Mercedes always knew how quick Russell was (is), yet he wasn't put in the car for next year. And people claim there is no #1/#2 in Mercedes.
Acrually most HAM fans want Russel. They have an appetite for HAM destroying stars.
utter tosh and you know it.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

foxmulder_ms

lh13 wrote:
I see it other way around. Russel was barely slower than Bottas yesterday and today barely faster and now Russel is the best driver by beating the worst according to same people ? ?!?! :) Merc may see Bottas as second driver but they do *not* act like he is the 2nd driver by designing the car around the lead driver or calling the strategy in the lead driver's favor until it is absolutely necessary. Redbull/Ferrari do not even concern for their 2nd drivers.. Especially Redbull.. The last 2 years, I just appreciated how good Ric must have been to beat the 1st driver of Redbull as the 2nd. He is the 2nd best driver of the grid for me.

foxmulder_ms

lh13 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 22:01
PlatinumZealot wrote:
lh13 wrote:
Acrually most HAM fans want Russel. They have an appetite for HAM destroying stars.
Well, according to most HAM fans, Vettel and Rosberg are average drivers, so do tell me which stars HAM has destroyed to date. Apparently, all he has done is beat average drivers while driving some of the most dominant cars in Formula 1 history.
Alonso as a rockie.. next question

lh13

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 22:00
lh13 wrote:
Hamilton fans from Britain all wanted Russell to win. And Russell isn't in the car next year because Williams blocked it. Mercedes asked and Claire said no. So Merc resigned Bottas on 1 yr to fill the gap.
:lol: Just like they blocked Bottas in 2017.

smellybeard

El Scorchio wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:26

Not a lot of point if Williams won’t release Russell. 2022 will be the time.
Perez for a year and then Perez and Russell for 2022.

JRindt

Maybe stroll sr bought his son a team to race in. But, we mustn’t forget that if not for him there would be only 18 seats on the grid today and Perez would be out of a seat anyway.

Also, Lance has shown far greater moments of brilliance than half the grid (and that includes Norris, dare I say). He just needs to find some consistency and let’s not forget, he’s still just 22.

LM10

El Scorchio wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:50
LM10 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:44
Today we've seen why Mercedes has been keeping Bottas for years and I've told that numerous times already: He has the most dominant car, gets just enough points to secure WCC and is the perfect wingman for Lewis. If they still hold on Bottas for 2021 after what happened today, it will only further prove my point. Then I'm sure their intention will be to make Hamilton's 8th world title as easy as possible. No other single reason Bottas has that seat.

Russell totally destroyed him, as sorry as I am for him, but that's the reality. It was painful to watch after some point. George should have gotten the win today, but Mercedes stopped him by faking a puncture. That tells me that they will keep Bottas in 2021 and wanted to limit the embarrassment for him, also to not look like fools when being asked why on earth Russell is still at Williams.
They stopped him by faking a puncture? What’s your source for this info?
What kind of source do you want me to deliver? Official statement from Mercedes?

Russell's sector times didn't drop. How high is the possibility for a puncture without any reason for that? There was no debris, lock up whatsoever.

FrukostScones

foxmulder_ms wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 22:02
lh13 wrote:
I see it other way around. Russel was barely slower than Bottas yesterday and today barely faster and now Russel is the best driver by beating the worst according to same people ? ?!?! :) Merc may see Bottas as second driver but they do *not* act like he is the 2nd driver by designing the car around the lead driver or calling the strategy in the lead driver's favor until it is absolutely necessary. Redbull/Ferrari do not even concern for their 2nd drivers.. Especially Redbull.. The last 2 years, I just appreciated how good Ric must have been to beat the 1st driver of Redbull as the 2nd. He is the 2nd best driver of the grid for me.
RUS barely fit into the unknwon Mercedes car and drove like the GOAT himself to leave BOT completely in the dust during the race. controoled dominance.
not saying he is better than te GOAt himself wich would be pretty stupid claim, but King George is surely better than BOT.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

NathanOlder

LM10 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:44
Today we've seen why Mercedes has been keeping Bottas for years and I've told that numerous times already: He has the most dominant car, gets just enough points to secure WCC and is the perfect wingman for Lewis. If they still hold on Bottas for 2021 after what happened today, it will only further prove my point. Then I'm sure their intention will be to make Hamilton's 8th world title as easy as possible. No other single reason Bottas has that seat.

Russell totally destroyed him, as sorry as I am for him, but that's the reality. It was painful to watch after some point. George should have gotten the win today, but Mercedes stopped him by faking a puncture. That tells me that they will keep Bottas in 2021 and wanted to limit the embarrassment for him, also to not look like fools when being asked why on earth Russell is still at Williams.
Faking a puncture, really? Come on man your better than that. Russell suddenly stopped catching Perez for a few laps, he had an issue. plus George said the car started to crab down the straights. He definitely had a puncture. dont feed the trolls buddy.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC