How accurate is our "cheap" CFD ?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
DChemTech

Re: How accurate is our "cheap" CFD ?

Vyssion wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 16:40
I don't think it has been "proven" to be true yet -- but it works for now, so hey... we use it 🤣
Perhaps a bit off topic, but a friend of mine recently submitted a paper that shows hints the strictly cascading notion of turbulence may actually be misguided: https://arxiv.org/abs/2011.07455

Just_a_fan

Vyssion wrote:
and at the risk of tooting my own horn a little... I do kinda think I'm pretty good at adapting the level of detail to an audience, and teaching people 😇😰
As someone once said: if you can't explain something to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.

If you can adapt your explanations to your audience then you're obviously understanding it properly yourself. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

jjn9128 wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 17:15
Just_a_fan wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 17:07
godlameroso wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 17:16
Aero is simple, but simple does not mean easy. A knife is simple, using it, ain't.
A bit like the response to the admonition "get on with it, it isn't rocket science!": rocket science is easy, rocket engineering isn't. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNPmhB ... index=1434
:lol: =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

jjn9128

Just_a_fan wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 19:08
Vyssion wrote:
and at the risk of tooting my own horn a little... I do kinda think I'm pretty good at adapting the level of detail to an audience, and teaching people 😇😰
As someone once said: if you can't explain something to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.

If you can adapt your explanations to your audience then you're obviously understanding it properly yourself. =D>
Or you just can't speak to 6 year olds.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica