2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Isn't that why the yellow was off from the road cars? So that it looked right on TV? Same as some Ferrari have been almost orange seen in the flesh?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

r101
r101

PlatinumZealot wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 22:37
Blue is fine. Whether dark, metallic, sky, baby or royal.

It could even be a royal sky baby made of dark metal blue for what most people can see. The colour calibration of Sky TV will dull the colours anyway.
I saw the original metallic blue on the collectors' car from the early 70s. If they just kept that it would be fine, better than baby blue for sure.

diffuser

I think Alpine's biggest weakness Right now is no partner Team. Abiteboul biggest failings was not being able to find a partnership. Ideally, the best fit would have been McLaren. Not only was he not able to sell them on a partnership, he chased them away.

I never understood why he wanted to charge McLaren more that what Merc are charging them for the PU. He wanted to impose the Renault gearbox onMcLaren....I mean would have gone the other way. Given them a discount and use the McLaren gearbox.

Zynerji

diffuser wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 04:30
I think Alpine's biggest weakness Right now is no partner Team. Abiteboul biggest failings was not being able to find a partnership. Ideally, the best fit would have been McLaren. Not only was he not able to sell them on a partnership, he chased them away.

I never understood why he wanted to charge McLaren more that what Merc are charging them for the PU. He wanted to impose the Renault gearbox onMcLaren....I mean would have gone the other way. Given them a discount and use the McLaren gearbox.
Cyril is the second worst Team Principal on the grid. Just a generally irritating personally.

Jambier

diffuser wrote:

Yes and that is why Luca Di Meo set a target to find a partner team... but it is a bit late now, Sauber seems to be staying with Ferrari, and Williams has an agreement with Mercedes
So let's see, but with budget cap, it will be crucial to have a B team

Regarding 2021, I expect Alpine to suffer from Ferrari come back.
Let's see for 2022, new rules, new engine, maybe Aston Martin and RB (stuck with 2021 engine) will suffer

diffuser

Jambier wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 11:35
diffuser wrote:

Yes and that is why Luca Di Meo set a target to find a partner team... but it is a bit late now, Sauber seems to be staying with Ferrari, and Williams has an agreement with Mercedes

Regarding 2021, I expect Alpine to suffer from Ferrari come back.
Let's see for 2022, new rules, new engine, maybe Aston Martin and RB (stuck with 2021 engine) will suffer

What worries me is this Partner team thing, being a way to circumvent the rules. Something like "I'm Merc, I will do thing A and thing B, you partner team you're paying for my guys over there with yopu wind tunnel time, do thing C. Merc buy thing C from partner team, Partner team buy Thing A and thng B from Merc. They each make thing D.

Mean while back in Parris, they're making thing A -D themselves.

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 00:37
In this case it is up to Renault to get that Dacia team on the grid ASAP, surely? :)

Jambier wrote:
Or why not offer Red Bull Technologies a wad of cash to take Renault power units and provide technology transfer with the world class Red Bull and AlphaTauri racing teams? Being paid to use the Renault units, should sweeten the deal nicely for Red Bull and AlphaTauri. While the Alpine would benefit from the use of Red Bull transmission and suspension. :)

This would give Alpine the close collaboration with Red Bull, which Alpine sought from McLaren but McLaren were not keen on. :)

Zynerji

JordanMugen wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 01:19
diffuser wrote:
In this case it is up to Renault to get that Dacia team on the grid ASAP, surely? :)

Jambier wrote:
Or why not offer Red Bull Technologies a wad of cash to take Renault power units and provide technology transfer with the world class Red Bull and AlphaTauri racing teams? Being paid to use the Renault units, should sweeten the deal nicely for Red Bull and AlphaTauri. While the Alpine would benefit from the use of Red Bull transmission and suspension. :)

This would give Alpine the close collaboration with Red Bull, which Alpine sought from McLaren but McLaren were not keen on. :)
Brilliant, if Cyril is gone. He and Horner are like 2 Betta fish in the same tank. Even sweeter would be for Honda to license the engine IP to Renault, and Renault could design a best-of-both system for 2022.

The RBR/AT tie up with Renault just makes sense, but the people have to change for the relationship to repair.

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Zynerji wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 01:51
JordanMugen wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 01:19
diffuser wrote:

Jambier wrote:

Brilliant, if Cyril is gone. He and Horner are like 2 Betta fish in the same tank. Even sweeter would be for Honda to license the engine IP to Renault, and Renault could design a best-of-both system for 2022.

The RBR/AT tie up with Renault just makes sense, but the people have to change for the relationship to repair.
Merc selling their engines to Aston mclaren and williams, helps balance the sheets, but in reality as driver salaries are outside of the cap its probably paying Lewis’s salary..
The team itself still needs to operate under the cap, transfer of staff to other teams is what i see happening to offset wage costs. RB have the biggest headache as they (and alphaT) now have to start paying for PU’s.
Thats why RB are pushing for the freeze in 2022.
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

diffuser

I agree RBR/Alpine would be good.

Not sure if there is anyone left at Alpine from when RBR ran Renault, not sure there is anything to repair. Maybe Image.

Question is how do you prevent the 2022 freeze and not piss RBR off. The freeze is one thing that will force RBR off Honda.

RedNEO

JordanMugen wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 21:17
Wouter wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 18:10
Livery speculation: You'd expect the car to be painted the above colour, but Renault F1 Team do weird things so it seems unpredictable. They only painted their F1 cars in the trademark R.S. Liquid Yellow for two seasons -- albeit a matte version, then they went to the that fluorescent yellow did not match their darn garage or team uniforms. #-o

https://amklassiek.nl/wp-content/upload ... 7/37.0.jpg
https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... /image.jpg
https://sportscar365.com/wp-content/upl ... 2_6417.jpg
https://i1.wp.com/thejudge13.com/wp-con ... mula-1.png
https://www.thedrive.com/content-b/mess ... quality=60

Logic would say the car should be painted just like the LMP2 car, but logic never seems to apply to liveries coming out of Enstone... The bizarrely light blue on the Tricolore of the test livery, hints at a Mild Seven Benetton-like colour being used as per a minority of Alpine race cars, in contrary to all logic and in contrary to this colour not being available on Alpine road cars. :wtf:

https://velocetoday.com/wp-content/uplo ... cudini.jpg

Edit -- By all means the baby blue looks nice, it is not a bad colour.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-49cF7sCD93k/ ... _Fotor.jpg
https://20ir1p2f0rgc11hi174afoqa-wpengi ... 24x682.jpg

But there is NO brand continuity for Alpine between the LMP2/road cars and the F1, just as there was no brand continuity between the following:
https://www.topgear.com/sites/default/f ... 5/rs-1.jpg
looks nothing like:
https://autoaction.com.au/wp-content/up ... 24x683.jpg
#-o #-o
Why do Enstone insist on these illogical liveries!? You can even see the Liquid Yellow Megane in the background that looks nothing close to the F1 car. #-o They could have painted the F1 car liquid yellow and metallic grey like the RS01, and it would have looked so classy -- such a shame.

Double edit - the non-metallic baby blue definitely seems a closer match the official artwork and seems like the way they will go with the livery. :)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/f3/fe ... 05a456.jpg
https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... /image.jpg

JordanMugen

RedNEO wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 18:08
Yep, that does seem like the kind of livery Enstone would come up with! Shame about the lack of metallic paint and lack of gloss.

Nothing like the LMP2 car, because of course it will look nothing like the LMP2 car :lol: :roll:

Macklaren
Macklaren

JordanMugen wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 00:29
RedNEO wrote:
Yep, that does seem like the kind of livery Enstone would come up with! Shame about the lack of metallic paint and lack of gloss.

Nothing like the LMP2 car, because of course it will look nothing like the LMP2 car :lol: :roll:
I think that livery needs a yellow stripe between the red and blue sections. Yellow for the Renault engine + the car will look exactly like ALO's helmet design

Blackout

Another bizarre thing: those fugly horizontal stripes
Arturo Garcia

RedNEO

JordanMugen wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 00:29
RedNEO wrote:

Eh can you name one metallic glossy car on the grid? The Ferrari is like this aswell, even the Red Bull. The only conclusion we can reach is weight disadvantage to painting something metallic and exposure because looking at it from a camera perspective would be like looking at a mirror with the sun bouncing off it.