2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Just_a_fan

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

El Scorchio wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:38
Carl Mccoy wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:36
--- Hamilton. Dirty scumbag cheat
Come on mods. How many lives are you going to give this clown?

And shame on whoever upvoted it as well. Absolutely pathetic.
I think they're a bit busy in the race thread. Shame that the thread managed to collapse thanks to a few idiots.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dans79

Vaexa wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:40
If you can't call a dirty win a dirty win then that's pretty embarrassing moderation.
Posts are getting removed, because people are spamming, thats is in the forum rules. you are not supposed to be posting the same message all over the forum because you are unhappy.
197 104 103 7

Incognito

Interesting comparison between the Lap 1 incident in the race and the same corner in Lap 1 in the Sprint. In both cases, the outside car is ahead going into the corner (only just in the Sprint, but still ahead). Particularly interesting are the relative lateral track positions at the point of turn in and then the resultant positions that the different angle of entries allowed as they go through the first part of the corner.

dans79

Honestly mods this thread needs lockd as well, far to much trolling going on! If you don't I think stuff could go south fast!
197 104 103 7

El Scorchio

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:46
El Scorchio wrote:
Carl Mccoy wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:36
--- Hamilton. Dirty scumbag cheat
Come on mods. How many lives are you going to give this clown?

And shame on whoever upvoted it as well. Absolutely pathetic.
I think they're a bit busy in the race thread. Shame that the thread managed to collapse thanks to a few idiots.
True. It’s just a shame those posters have just decided to carry on posting but on other threads including this one. TBH it’s all getting a bit out of control on here at the moment. The mods have my sympathy this afternoon. Difficult job.

Carl Mccoy

You also need to block comments on Facebook, TWITTER. You Tube. There are also very strong words about Lewis Hamilton's wonderful behavior. If so, Mercedes wants to win more races, it doesn't make sense to me.

Spacepace

WaikeCU wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:40
Spacepace wrote:
nzjrs wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:31
Dropping this here. What are the feelings about the Championship "being over" now?

Looks pretty epic to me!

I could see Mercedes being competitive at Hungary too now that they've found a bit of performance and being that Mercedes likes front limited circuits. Tyres might help them now too. But I can't see Red Bull taking there foot off the pedal for development
Hard to tell. Twisty circuit and looking at Silverstone sector 3, the RB of Max was fastest of all there.
I think that's due to Merc going low downforce relatively to Red Bull though. Merc likes long corners. Red Bull is and has always been amazing on traction even going back to '09. But I do think it will be very close. Hungary is Hamilton's track though. His driving style thrives there

turbof1

Posts about the race have to go the race thread, not in the teams thread.
Race thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29890

Posts not conforming to the team thread and/or forum policy will receive a warning.
#AeroFrodo

Big Tea

dans79 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:49
Honestly mods this thread needs lockd as well, far to much trolling going on! If you don't I think stuff could go south fast!
Whats wrong with the south? that is... Nah just kidding :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marty_Y

El Scorchio wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:41
WaikeCU wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:35
I’m gonna change this conversation you guys are having. Props to the team to call the swap. It gave Lewis the chance to catch Leclerc!
Exactly. People will grumble about team orders but it netted them an extra 8 WCC points so it was the right move that any team worth their salt would do. Bottas was not going to get LeClerc.

Also he’s not in the WDC fight so it was the right move for both campaigns. Anyone who can’t see that simply isn’t looking at it objectively.
I couldn't agree more, the team always acts in the best interest of the team, Lewis's pace on the hard tyres was phenomenal and by ordering Bottas to let him past it allowed Lewis to close the gap and win.

Last race (Austria) Lewis had damage and he was ordered to let Bottas past and not try to defend, so it goes both ways.
Bottas has no chance of winning the drivers championship, Lewis is still in the fight so the team would be stupid not to maximize the results in favour of the driver with the best chance of winning.

It's a shame that Lewis's brilliant win is being overshadowed by hate for what was a simple racing incident, the main thing is Max is ok and I'm sure he'll be back winning more races (not too many I hope lol).

zibby43

Peter Windsor’s take:

- Hamilton was brilliant and didn’t deserve a penalty

- Horner’s statements about no one passing at Copse were ridiculous

And Windsor is just as much a Max admirer as he is a Hamilton admirer.

JPower

I thought the Max/Lewis battle through the weekend was great and that incident was expected at some point during the year. I guess I should've expected the backlash and overexaggeration in response to the event though.

Kudos to the team for a hard fought win.

Shrieker

They're attacking Hamilton left, right, and center, but they damn well know their boy's no holds barred, no quarter given mindset (which was cultivated by them in the first place), backfired spectacularly.

And it was always bound to happen.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

zibby43

JPower wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 03:30
I thought the Max/Lewis battle through the weekend was great and that incident was expected at some point during the year. I guess I should've expected the backlash and overexaggeration in response to the event though.

Kudos to the team for a hard fought win.
Agree - immovable object vs unstoppable force.

Shrieker wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 03:54
They're attacking Hamilton left, right, and center, but they damn well know their boy's no holds barred, no quarter given mindset (which was cultivated by them in the first place), backfired spectacularly.

And it was always bound to happen.
Just watching the replay, it was amazing how Hamilton was all over Max that first lap. Max turned in, Lewis stayed committed and was only a hair’s width of steering lock (all that’s needed at those speeds) from being right on the apex.

Racing incident, and it could’ve been Hamilton just as easily losing out, so some of the comments by Horner are just downright farcical.

Juzh

zibby43 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 02:31
And Windsor is just as much a Max admirer as he is a Hamilton admirer.
That's simply not the case, when push comes to shove he's pro hamilton trough and though. Seen and heard enough of his stuff trough the years to know that. It's the same as brundle who desperately tries to hide it but gets carried away more and more as he gets older.