2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

TNTHead wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 20:07
Good job by Red Bull. That car is definitely in a sweet spot setup wise. And with a mega lap by Max. Wondering whether the Honda engine was run on a higher mode.

Horner said in the interview: we are using a smaller rear wing than Mercedes. And: 'if we van beat them here then really we can beat them anywhere.'

Wondering how the race pace. From FP2 I thought Merc is a few tenths faster on the mediums.
When Q finished max said that it is important to have pole such a track hard to overtake at. Merc had said ham during Q that most of gap is at straights. Perez at p4 and I expect him to overtake Bottus.
When collect these Redbull can win even if merc is a bit faster with mediums. Enough gap before pits, hard to overtake, faster Redbull at straights, perez restriction of strategy over merc.

TNTHead

The rundown at the start to T1 is may be tricky when HAM can take advantage of a good tow by Max. So let's see how this pans out. It definitely will be close!

dxpetrov

Merc were NOT faster on mediums. Bottas average was faster because he already had one stint on softs where he
had burned the fuel. Fuel corrected, he was still two tenths down on Max.

Ryar

Telemetry of Max, Lewis and Sainz.

Hakuna Matata!

Sieper

But Bottas is also slower than Hamilton. I hope Max can retain the lead (and even I hope Lewis does not put him beside the track) at the start and when we then see Max not being in danger of an undercut for the first time on a non city circuit, then we will know it really is on this season.

Ryar

This one between Max and Lewis with delta on corners.

Hakuna Matata!

godlameroso

The Red Bull is just very aerodynamically efficient, that's been its greatest strength. Getting the right aero load at the right speed. Other cars are less flexible, or less adept at tuning the package so that it works over the whole track.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

Sky Sports: Max looks back on pole lap.

The Power of Dreams!

Pyrone89

Merc has a race pace advantage. And this was before the Merc improved their set-ups overnight from Friday to Saturday with Hamilton. Also remember the superior deg on Mercedes which only shows later in the stint as wowgr8 points out. Also using a smaller rear wing may help in quali (see Ferrari at Baku) but will cost you in the race. Finally, under race conditions the Mercedes electricatical recovery tends to be better, wheras in quali (1 lap fully charged before) they seem to be on par with each other.

So expect a Spain 2.0 tomorrow to be honest if Max stays in front after the start (if Hamilton gets P1 at the start, then he will drive away I think)
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Leonvanhaandel

We will have to see. This is a different situation then spain. First, verstappen was well faster now in quali whereas in spain he was slower. So he has to give up more perofrmance in the race to fall behind Hamilton. If you look at the quali, where Verstappen picked up a chunk of time was on the straights without drs. If Hamilton falls out of drs range, he will start losing on the other straights alot more too. Also verstappen was able to keep the corners more tight then Hamilton, so who knows how that plays into wear. If there were major setup changes for Hamilton, its also not a given that he just picked up time and didnt give up tire life

RedNEO

godlameroso wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 20:59
The Red Bull is just very aerodynamically efficient, that's been its greatest strength. Getting the right aero load at the right speed. Other cars are less flexible, or less adept at tuning the package so that it works over the whole track.
I think they are truly putting the work in for this championship and if it comes there way I’ll be happy for Max and Red Bull to take the crown. Honda has to take a little of the credit for giving them the opportunity but they ultimately had to deliver on the car and its working well.

DrDejan

Wouter wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 21:08
Sky Sports: Max looks back on pole lap.

Kudos to Max for being open about his driving style. It’s refreshing to see that kind of behavior from a top driver.

Goldwing

I dont think, so. It is not Barcelona. If all go smoothly, it will be won by RB-Honda.

Pyrone89 wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 02:30
Merc has a race pace advantage. And this was before the Merc improved their set-ups overnight from Friday to Saturday with Hamilton. Also remember the superior deg on Mercedes which only shows later in the stint as wowgr8 points out. Also using a smaller rear wing may help in quali (see Ferrari at Baku) but will cost you in the race. Finally, under race conditions the Mercedes electricatical recovery tends to be better, wheras in quali (1 lap fully charged before) they seem to be on par with each other.

So expect a Spain 2.0 tomorrow to be honest if Max stays in front after the start (if Hamilton gets P1 at the start, then he will drive away I think)

NL_Fer

The can have a longer first stint than Barcelona.

Sieper

Although your points make sense Pyrone Max seems much more confident than he was about Spain (at least, that is whatcha says now) so I hope he will have the pace.