2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Cassius wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 20:35
dxpetrov wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 18:04
Nathanael F1 wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 17:26
At the moment there are 7 remaining races. Who is expected to have the advantage?

Turkey: last year was unrepresentative
USA: Mercedes?
Mexico: Red Bull?
Brazil: Red Bull?
Qatar: new track
Saudi Arabia: new track
Abu Dhabi: could go either way?
RB all the way actually. Ppl need to understand that even Sochi should have been in RB favor if they didn't have to take the penalties. Even in Monza, Verstapen was able to challenge Bottas during the sprint race.
Bottas didn't have to push harder than needed and Max benefitted from DRS. Also, Bottas is a few tenths slower than Lewis.

It is quite clear to me the Mercedes has been the better car since their Silverstone upgrade, mainly on tyre deg allowing them to push more in the race.

In Sochi Perez couldn't follow Ham in free air, while his hard tyres should have been in a better condition than Ham's mediums at the end of the stint.
Hamilton is just fast in the races. Even Helmut Marko admits that. And even retired F1 drivers like Montoya and Hakine notice that the redbull is the best car.
For Sure!!

Mr.S
Mr.S

ringo wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 04:55
Cassius wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 20:35
dxpetrov wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 18:04

RB all the way actually. Ppl need to understand that even Sochi should have been in RB favor if they didn't have to take the penalties. Even in Monza, Verstapen was able to challenge Bottas during the sprint race.
Bottas didn't have to push harder than needed and Max benefitted from DRS. Also, Bottas is a few tenths slower than Lewis.

It is quite clear to me the Mercedes has been the better car since their Silverstone upgrade, mainly on tyre deg allowing them to push more in the race.

In Sochi Perez couldn't follow Ham in free air, while his hard tyres should have been in a better condition than Ham's mediums at the end of the stint.
Hamilton is just fast in the races. Even Helmut Marko admits that. And even retired F1 drivers like Montoya and Hakine notice that the redbull is the best car.
Both of whom are ex Mclaren drivers. We know the British media are biased to a point of toxicity otherwise Hamilton would have been a lot more criticized for his garbage season if he was non-British !
Last edited by Steven on 02 Oct 2021, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed generalisation on "British personnel"

Mr.S
Mr.S

I think of the remaining tracks -

Mexico & Brazil - RB
Saudi, USA & Turkey - Mercedes
Abu Dhabi & Qatar - 50-50

Mercedes has been quicker by a tenth of 2 on an average since British GP anyways ! So Hamilton has to be incredibly stupid to mess this up !

etusch

dans79 wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 22:50
etusch wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 21:08
I can not understand how it is happening. Ham says his tyres gone then drives many laps and not slow.
In sochi Norris did same. He complained graining then he said it became good then he overtook sainz. If sainz also lived same why his tyres not became better again?
I believe Norris mentioned why in one of his radio messages, fuel burn off, and track evolution was masking tyre degradation.
Yes I remember that but there is a message too after you mentioned ones. he said tyres are ok and he overtook sainz after that.

Kingshark
Kingshark

For all this talk about how Red Bull are supposedly going to upgrade this car until the end, I’ve barely seen any upgrades at all in months now.

Mercedes have been consistently the fastest car since Silverstone and I haven’t seen anything from RRB that suggests they are pushing to change that.

Any chance at the title now will require some serious magic from Max.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Kingshark wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 08:36
For all this talk about how Red Bull are supposedly going to upgrade this car until the end, I’ve barely seen any upgrades at all in months now.

Mercedes have been consistently the fastest car since Silverstone and I haven’t seen anything from RRB that suggests they are pushing to change that.

Have a look at Max @ Zandvoort.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

nzjrs

dans79 wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 22:50
etusch wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 21:08
I can not understand how it is happening. Ham says his tyres gone then drives many laps and not slow.
In sochi Norris did same. He complained graining then he said it became good then he overtook sainz. If sainz also lived same why his tyres not became better again?
I believe Norris mentioned why in one of his radio messages, fuel burn off, and track evolution was masking tyre degradation.
This period was interesting on F1TV as they broadcast a few more radio messages from Norris and basically Alex Brundle was confidently translating them as bollocks / bluffs.

etusch

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 10:28
Kingshark wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 08:36

Have a look at Max @ Zandvoort.
I think he/everyone should have a look whole season for clearer picture. Ham is only 2 points ahead and thats because max had engine penalty.

NathanOlder

Mr.S wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 05:39

Mexico & Brazil - RB

Mercedes has been quicker by a tenth of 2 on an average since British GP anyways ! So Hamilton has to be incredibly stupid to mess this up !
Agree with your predictions, with maybe Abu Dhabi / Qatar leaning slighty towards Mercedes.

As for your last line ? there is no need for it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

godlameroso

Red Bull all the way. They have a .2 gap on Mercedes in race pace.
Saishū kōnā

Bandit1216

double post
Last edited by Bandit1216 on 01 Oct 2021, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

Bandit1216

Where does the data come from Merc is faster since Silverstone? Faster than a car in the tire wall (silverstone) faster than half a car in Hungary? Faster in Belgium? Faster in Monza (duh).

I'm not saying it's a done deal, but I also would not be surprised when Max doesn't even have to wait until the last race to be crowned.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

SiLo

Bandit1216 wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 13:35
Where does the data come from Merc is faster since Silverstone? Faster than a car in the tire wall (silverstone) faster than half a car in Hungary? Faster in Belgium? Faster in Monza (duh).

I'm not saying it's a done deal, but I also would not be surprised when Max doesn't even have to wait until the last race to be crowned.
I think both have been fairly evenly matched at most races and its just who ends up P1 after the first lap. 2 tenths advantage either way doesnt make any difference in the race really because its so hard to overtake. Max should be further ahead realistically, but Lewis has also dropped points with mistakes or poor strat calls from Merc.

I reckon it goes down to the wire which will be great for the fans.
Felipe Baby!

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

I believe, RB really missing Ric here. They are unable to fill his place for years. If RIC with RB, now RB would be leading both the WCC and WDC.

Now it is with Max only. WDC is in Max hands. So, it is up to him to grab or leave it.

AeroDynamic

Mr.S wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 05:39

Mexico & Brazil - RB

Mexico and Brazil should be comfortable wins, as the Mercedes engine just doesn’t produce as much output a sits supposed to in those altitudes, and circuit definitely comes to the red bull strengths.

Why are people convinced Turkey, Saudi and USA suit Mercedes more? They seem like 50-50 or maybe slightly leaning Mercedes more in Saudi and Turkey, but to the same degree that Mexico and Brazil suit the Red Bull? I still think the red bull is a better car a little bit, with Hungary being a set up anomaly.

Abu Dhabi and Qatar, I’d say Qatar should be the last track that suits Mercedes a lot, it’s high speed circuit and they’ve allocated the hardest tyre range for that one.

Abu Dhabi? They’re changed two sections of the track where red bull had an advantage but now those two sections are more flowing. It might lean to Mercedes a little more, but I think overall a 50-50 on balance

This championship is Max’s to lose though.